SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:35 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,551 Posts
Looks like, after the release of the RCLander and Cyclone Power 10 blade fans, the 12blade comes as a differentiated product from ChangeSun to maintain market share.

Given the tests so far, it seems that there's not much difference with the 10blade - performance wise.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,647 Posts
Unless the 12 blade is capable of handling higher rpm into the 50,000 rpm range ..BL 32 on 7s ? Hmmmm
pencon is online now Find More Posts by pencon
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
Unless the 12 blade is capable of handling higher rpm into the 50,000 rpm range ..BL 32 on 7s ? Hmmmm
you took the words right out of my mouth lol!!!!
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,454 Posts
The CS10 with the BL32 loads 80A on 6s. Would 7s on the CS12/BL32 be safe for the motor? Amps would most likely be over 100A.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Martin View Post
The CS10 with the BL32 loads 80A on 6s. Would 7s on the CS12/BL32 be safe for the motor? Amps would most likely be over 100A.

Fuzz
I think so we regularly run the eflight v32 80mm with same motor on 7s but ultimately amps will determine this
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 PM
Formerly "Heli Copter"
United States, CA, Watsonville
Joined Apr 2009
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
I think so we regularly run the eflight v32 80mm with same motor on 7s but ultimately amps will determine this
Yes, it's currently handling 100amps and 2600 watts on 7S.

Ha! I just noticed "currently", I crack me up
Jetsom is offline Find More Posts by Jetsom
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:48 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
the problem wasnt the motor when we ran the 10 blade on 7s is was the rotor........it lets go just after 46k.......maybe the 12 blade is stronger and can go to 7s?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:27 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Hey guys, just an update, shaft adapters are almost all back in stock now, but housings are almost finished, about 5 left, new production run is scheduled but its going to be a good 4 weeks at least due to xmas. Anyone wanting a fan combo before christmas I would suggest you get in soon
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:56 PM
United Kingdom, England, Stokeinteignhead
Joined Apr 2008
175 Posts
I have been ploughing through this thread with great interest and more than a little confusion.Im newish to edfs and still trying to understand it all.I have been flying the hk stinger i have a Parkzone Habu and have just got a Dynam Meteor.I know all the info is more than likely to be in this thread but hoping somebody can give me the answer that i can understand.
I have heard a few youtube clips of people flying with the 10 blade fan and just love the sound.
What would be a reasonable set up to get that sound out of my Habu/Meteor? I really want to set either one of them up on the 10 fan rotor.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
autoquip is offline Find More Posts by autoquip
Last edited by autoquip; Nov 30, 2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoquip View Post
I have been ploughing through this thread with great interest and more than a little confusion.Im newish to edfs and still trying to understand it all.I have been flying the hk stinger i have a Parkzone Habu and have just got a Dynam Meteor.I know all the info is more than likely to be in this thread but hoping somebody can give me the answer that i can understand.
I have heard a few youtube clips of people flying with the 10 blade fan and just love the sound.
What would be a reasonable set up to get that sound out of my Habu/Meteor? I really want to set either one of them up on the 10 fan rotor.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
I can try and shed some light for you... I put a CS10 fan with a 2950kv motor on 5s into my H2 and I am less than impressed with the sound. While it is now a lot quieter than the screaming and whining stock fan which is great but it still is not producing a huge whoosh sound that it is known for. I believe the reason is partly because I am running on 5s and the whoosh sound would become louder with higher rpm's on a 6s setup. The vertical is better now and I went from an 85-90mph stock setup to a 100-110mph improvement (speed varies with C rating of lipo).

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think there is a reasonable setup that will give you that sound your after... at least not without paying a small fortune in a major upgrade, hacking it all up and have it running on 6s. This in my opinion is not reasonable for this epo jet. Maybe for a Habu 32 composite it would be very reasonable.

I have a question for you... If you have a Habu, why would you buy a Meteor? Unless your Habu is trashed and you want to save a few bucks on a similar airframe.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:57 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
Just so you can hear how mine sounds check this out...

parkzone habu 2 4s 10 blade fan (5 min 14 sec)

I paid $170 for this motor/fan to be mounted, balanced and shipped (I won't say what and where because I won't recommend it) but I used a $80 ZTW esc and with all this it is probably a very closest thing to a reasonable setup. Similar components can be found at any respectable retailer. Look the H2 threads for installation tips.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, Stokeinteignhead
Joined Apr 2008
175 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My Habu is looking a bit rough now. Has had a couple of crashes and rebuilds. My wife bought me the Meteor and is still in the box.I just loved the sound of some of the youtube 10 blade edfs,but if its going to be big bucks,will probably stay with the stock set up for the time being.
autoquip is offline Find More Posts by autoquip
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
I can try and shed some light for you... I put a CS10 fan with a 2950kv motor on 5s into my H2 and I am less than impressed with the sound. While it is now a lot quieter than the screaming and whining stock fan which is great but it still is not producing a huge whoosh sound that it is known for. I believe the reason is partly because I am running on 5s and the whoosh sound would become louder with higher rpm's on a 6s setup. The vertical is better now and I went from an 85-90mph stock setup to a 100-110mph improvement (speed varies with C rating of lipo).

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think there is a reasonable setup that will give you that sound your after... at least not without paying a small fortune in a major upgrade, hacking it all up and have it running on 6s. This in my opinion is not reasonable for this epo jet. Maybe for a Habu 32 composite it would be very reasonable.

I have a question for you... If you have a Habu, why would you buy a Meteor? Unless your Habu is trashed and you want to save a few bucks on a similar airframe.
Something doesn't add up, a 2950kv motor on 5S in a CS10 should be tons of power and rpm. If it doesn't sound right, that mean it's out of balance (probably by a lot).

Like many other have done, an L2855 2300 running on 5S is a very cheap and great sounding upgrade, that should work well in a habu.
nighthawk0077 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. My Habu is looking a bit rough now. Has had a couple of crashes and rebuilds. My wife bought me the Meteor and is still in the box.I just loved the sound of some of the youtube 10 blade edfs,but if its going to be big bucks,will probably stay with the stock set up for the time being.
The CS10 is so popular because it is actually very inexpensive, makes good power, sounds great and works with a variety of motors. I've heard a lot of things about it, but this is the first time I've heard anyone call it expensive.
nighthawk0077 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:50 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Quote:
I have been flying the hk stinger i have a Parkzone Habu and have just got a Dynam Meteor.I know all the info is more than likely to be in this thread but hoping somebody can give me the answer that i can understand. I have heard a few youtube clips of people flying with the 10 blade fan and just love the sound. What would be a reasonable set up to get that sound out of my Habu/Meteor? I really want to set either one of them up on the 10 fan rotor. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Here is a 70mm Extreme Alloy CS10 setup:
Extreme RC F-16 with 10 blades Changesun rotor (2 min 22 sec)

And the 64mm version in a Vector, was later put into a Stinger, really hammered too:
ExtremeRC VectorJet (1 min 34 sec)

The 64mm in an F15, very quiet:
f-15 fms remaiden and crash (1 min 52 sec)

In the Meteor its going to be very quiet too.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC