Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Old Sep 04, 2011, 09:23 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Not yet... But I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I can't help to think when I look at this pic that they look identical to my 60" Edge. The only difference I see is the wing swept a little. I guess I need a pic of the two side by side.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:20 PM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Really a great looking plane!! Both covering schemes look excellent.

I have used the recommended Torque motor/esc combo in other planes and they provided awesome power and were super reliable.

Well done EF!!

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:28 PM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,335 Posts
"Man I can't help to think when I look at this pic that they look identical to my 60" Edge. The only difference I see is the wing swept a little. I guess I need a pic of the two side by side."

Well, let's see, other than the Extra's different fuselage outline, wider fuselage cross section, different shape rudder, different shape canopy, different cowl, different landing gear, different wing planform, its exactly the same! ;-) Actually the only thing it shares with the Edge is the massive stab/elevator arrangement.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
"Man I can't help to think when I look at this pic that they look identical to my 60" Edge. The only difference I see is the wing swept a little. I guess I need a pic of the two side by side."

Well, let's see, other than the Extra's different fuselage outline, wider fuselage cross section, different shape rudder, different shape canopy, different cowl, different landing gear, different wing planform, its exactly the same! ;-) Actually the only thing it shares with the Edge is the massive stab/elevator arrangement.
Thanks for pointing out the differences. Now when I see a pic of the two side by side I will know what to look for! I was just making a general statement , and it wansnt meant to be a knock. I guess its the angle of the pic that you really can't tell besides the rudder.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 02:00 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Edge and Extra are 2 birds.. I like the edge better.. BUT It's a ford and Chevy.. Love both!! Can't wait for Chris to let me fly one at the HuckFest this month.... HInt Hint!!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Sep 06, 2011, 02:45 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post

I was waiting for that...
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
I was waiting for that...
Yea I was to!!
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:12 PM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,063 Posts
Balsas got broke,ahhh
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:12 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Like Mel. says.. Kinda like watchin a train wreck.. You really don't wanna watch.. BUT you can't turn your head...
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:28 PM
Joined May 2011
91 Posts
Really want to see the bottom of the red and black please. Or just some type of solid visual. If the RWB is mostly red on the bottom can I assume the RB is mostly black on the bottom ?
chasingair is offline Find More Posts by chasingair
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:41 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,639 Posts
as much as I like red, based on the pictures alone there's something about the blue scheme that stands out to me....though I would probably leave off all the stars as I think it looks cleaner without. Maybe's it's also the red trim on the blue model that I like more than the black trim on the red model.

I might also just be a sucker for blue and white as I really liked that color combo on my rwb edge.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:07 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,586 Posts
Me, I am kinda thankful these things won't be in, any sooner.
I have plans to meet someone over there, this Friday... and I may have to drop in, "just because."
Heck, I can barely cram a 55" Extra in the Mini, wings off, with the passenger seat against my dash, back seats down
I just know I'd fall victim to the 'impulse buy' if these were in... and there I'd be, strapping it to the roof of the car to get it to the field.

(It'll be all I can do, not to pickup another 48-incher while I'm there. I certainly don't need any other tempations )
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by C_Watkins; Sep 07, 2011 at 12:38 AM.