HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 10:22 AM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Help!
My first FPV build. Need a little help ...

Hi

I'm kind of new to whole multi-rotor scene, but i made my first one and got it to fly stable. Now i want to use FPV, for more fun

I found the following parts on hobbyking:

Tx/Rx: SkyZone 5.8Ghz 200mw FPV Wireless AV Tx & Rx Set

Camera: Mobius Wide Angle B Lens ActionCam a 1080p HD Video Camera Set With Live Video Out

if someone has some experience with this set please tell me, if it's good.

Also, if someone could point out if i missed something, and what battery should i use for the system.

Thanks for answers.
nejcokle is offline Find More Posts by nejcokle
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:40 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,380 Posts
This is a good transmitter/receiver. Well documented and respected equipment. The 200mW is on the low end for power, but can be good with the right antennas if you are OK flying within 500m or so.

you MUST also order some kind of CP antenna to get decent performance from the 5.8 GHz band. I recommend a mad mushroom combo from VAS for a normal quad. For a mini racing quad, then the ImmersRC antenna is good - but MUST CHOOSE RPSMA connector, not SMA. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...2_RP_SMA_.html

You can run off the 3S flight battery if you add an LC filter. Or just use a ~500mW 3S low c battery. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Lipo_Pack.html On a mini quad you must power from the flight battery.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Today at 10:47 AM.