HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:12 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Apr 2013
288 Posts
I am sick of DJI's apparent need to express contempt towards it's customers in any way they can conceive of. I own a Phantom, and would never have bought it if I had known the mentality of DJI insofar as their " software" goes, I would NOT have purchased any DJI product. The appeal of DJI is their hardware. I was aware of this. Nowhere have I seen gushing reviews about it, and therefore customer service was not a factor in my buying decision, What WAS a factor was the reputation of their hardware. When I bought the Phantom, DJI had not yet begun their current antics of rendering the hardware I purchased useless because of draconian, arbitrary software practices.

Originally, the ability to upgrade firmware was an essential requirement of any unit I would have considered purchasing. Had I known that at some point subsequent to my purchase DJI would enter into a police of FORCING upgrades upon me, " upgrades" that are not even optional if you wish to conduct ANY maintenance on your DJI product, I would never have bought it. DJI has scammed me. I was happy with the way my machine performed, I was NEVER told that a newer version of the ASS istant software would force me to upgrade, nor was I told anything about the upgrade other than the added Zenmuse support, which I don't need. DJI somehow has forgotten to tell us, Oh, by the way, we screwed with your throttle, and oh yeah, ya wanna recalibrate your IMU? well, were gonna give you endless mainboard overtemp warnings, that appear even after refrigerating the thing for 30 minutes and leave ya wondering whether or not it's calibrated as you discover the new ineffective throttle response in a gusty, crosswind. Oh, yeah, gimme more of that you &%&$^%$#. I just love those little Censored surprises. I fly real aircraft, the kind with my ass and other peoples asses on board. Woke up screaming last night from a nightmare that DJI had become a contractor on the i nav unit in my aircraft. Ground was getting bigger, faster as I sat up awake. Not joking about this. Listen up you censored screwheads! Look around at how other companies implement interface and upgrades. Not Apple. Crap. next DJI Ass istant will probably come bundled with Itunes. next firmware will have a random throttle - control interface interruption, so " you can be having better flight learning experience" I'm so sick of Chinglish. English! Learn it! Stop F&^%&^% your customers in the &^#!!! Hire some REAL software guys. Try fiver.com, I'll bet any talent you find there will be better than the geniuses with Steve Job complexes you got now. New Concept: Customers are not supposed to be your *&%$$#$%# Beta testers!!! Shape up, or I will hire some puss-faced-pencil-neck-uber-geeks-from-hell to decompile your source, and write some software that won't devalue a product I paid you good money for.

Hint the nail on the head, IMO.
Quad54 is offline Find More Posts by Quad54
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2014, 01:04 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
error 25

Hi everyone.
I have a phantom 1 and like a lot of y'all on here I have crashed it pretty hard and am receiving the error 25. I have tried to bang the naza to reset everything but no luck. I even took the naza apart to see if anything noticeable was out of place. I am not a wiz with electronics but nothing looked out of place to me.
Should I continue to bang it around hoping something will work? Or is there anything else that may work? Or if all else fails would buying a new naza box to replace my current one get the phantom back in the air so I do not have to buy an entire new drone?
Any help would be great so I can get back to flying!
BiggApps is offline Find More Posts by BiggApps
Old Apr 17, 2014, 05:46 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Have you tried to do the Advanced IMU calibration? If that fails you can try and bridge F1-F2 signal wires the power cycle. After that reload the firmware and do Advanced IMU calibration. If that does not work you will need a new Naza.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:49 PM
United States, CA, Culver City
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
Cannot bind DJI transmitter to Phantom "v1.2"

I love(d) my DJI Phantom. Sadly, a few weeks ago, I watched it flyaway. No matter what I did with the transmitter (less than 10 flights on the transmitter batteries), I couldn't get control - and my Phantom P330D, along with my 3-day-old Hero 3+ Black edition was gone. That was a model P330D - v1.1.1 (two antennas, self-tightening props)

So, I went to the DJI website, hoping to by a replacement helicopter, but DJI only sells full packages. So I went shopping to find only the helicopter. Amazon only sold the full package for ~$479 (which is where I originally bought it from, for the same price), but no 'helicopter-only' option.

Then I found that B&H Photo had the 'heli-only' (no transmitter or battery) for $379. $100 savings is better than nothing - I don't need 2 transmitters. However… the B&H Photo listing doesn't show which version they are selling and after calling B&H Photo, they insisted that it was the latest version of the helicopter.

I opened the box from B&H Photo to immediately notice the version they are selling uses propeller nuts (not self-tightening), only has a single antenna and is labeled P330 v1.2.

Hoping that the "v1.2" actually meant it was an updated version, I tried binding it to my original DJI transmitter using DJI's instructions:

PDF manual: http://download.dji-innovations.com/..._Manual_en.pdf
DJI wiki: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Pha...r_and_Receiver

Both have the same 'wrong' instructions:
  1. Please remove the housing by referring to the section of A8 Maintenance -> Remove the Housing.
  2. Locate the receiver module according to the following figure.
  3. After powering on the aircraft and the transmitter, if the LED indicator of the receiver on the control board is lit solid red, this means the receiver currently has no connection with any transmitter.
  4. Press down the link button for more than two seconds until the LED indicator blinks, then release the button.
  5. Push the throttle stick to the lowest position and turn on the transmitter. Then if the LED indicator of the receiver turns off, the link between the transmitter and the receiver has succeeded. (Linking operation can be done only when the LED indicator of the transmitter changes to blinking red .)
No matter what I did, my v1.1.1 (two antenna, P330D, self-tightening nuts) version transmitter would not bind with this v1.2 P330 helicopter. So, I was forced to call DJI technical support

After one hour and 24 minutes on hold (mobile phone call status), the DJI tech support walked me through the same steps as the manual and the wiki (correcting the instructions that the transmitter should be OFF when powering up the heli, then after you get the flashing yellow light on the receiver, to pull back the stick and THEN turn on the transmitter). After explaining that I had tried that several times, we did it again, several times, with the same result - no binding. He said my 'newer' transmitter that came with the v1.1.1 heli wouldn't bind with this 'older' v1.2 heli. (HUH?)

The "DJI technical support" person then said he would need to escalate my call. By "escalate", he didn't mean 'transfer my call', he said someone from Japan would need to reply to me via email… I got an RMA from B&H Photo 3 minutes after I hung up with "DJI technical support".

Before I hung up, I did ask him why the 'older' single-antenna, propeller nuts version helicopter was labelled v1.2 - which is higher than v1.1.1 - was an older model. The TECHNICAL SUPPORT guy didn't know the answer to this question.

So - buyer beware. Since the DJI version label apparently does not correspond to the age/version of the helicopter, find out which one you're buying.

I'm disappointed in DJI for the outrageous hold times and then the lack of basic information provided.

----
Additional:
The firmware for the NAZA was 4.00 out of the box - I upgraded it to 4.02.
davidtav is offline Find More Posts by davidtav
Last edited by davidtav; Apr 18, 2014 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added info to bottom
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:23 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
I apologize for your experience. LA Support is 5 guys that are on the phone continuously from 9-5. They try the best they can to answer the questions of the the users. I don't have the model progression of all the DJI products and it does not surprise me that they do not either. For the most part it does not matter. Yours was an unusual case. I am glad that B&H took care of you. That would have been my first call. They are the dealer, it is up to them to make it right with their customer. If you need additional assistance you can always PM me.
Site Sponsor
Old May 19, 2014, 04:29 AM
Namibia, Erongo, Swakopmund
Joined Oct 2013
5 Posts
I want to upgrade my Phantom 1, I have NAZA M V2 to install, but would like to know if I can also install the E300 Tuned propulsion system and 2,4GHz data link without changing the original board in the Phantom 1?????
Smiddie is offline Find More Posts by Smiddie
Old May 19, 2014, 07:55 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
You can install the motors from the E300. The escs won't fit well. You will not be able to attach the data link without an available can bus port. That requires the addition of the upgrade board.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 02, 2014, 09:47 PM
Chance
Joined Mar 2014
8 Posts
I see no answers to Questions from DJI Support. Neither do they respond to emails direct to their Support site.

We may be on our own.....
AlChance is offline Find More Posts by AlChance
Old Jun 03, 2014, 08:28 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlChance View Post
I see no answers to Questions from DJI Support. Neither do they respond to emails direct to their Support site.

We may be on our own.....

Al, I am DJI NA Forum Support. I have been answering questions here and in many other threads on RCG and other Forums. I do not handle RMA's or Product Repairs. But I am here to assist users getting their craft working well. If I cannot do that then they are referred to one of the Service and Support Centers. I answer the difficult questions there as well.
Site Sponsor