HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Discussion
Madman23 dishonest seller!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK now I know most of us are on other forums as well as this one. This one being the best of course! Anyway I don't believe this seller is a member here but I want to warn you of him anyway. I recently bought a used Kyosho Blizzard from him. I was told it had a hard plastic Unimog body, in great shape, body never painted, nothing wrong with it at all. Now I got it yesterday and the body is lexan, painted not once but twice. Once inside once outside 2 different colors so its very obvious. He knew he just decided to lie. The on/off switch on the ESC was cut off and wires twisted together. Treads are so stretched they will have to be cut and screws all moved in 1 link to make them useable. To top it off he decided to go edit his original for sale thread. When you ask? TODAY! After all this took place! Now if that doesn't admit guilt Idon't know what does. he also decided to retaliate by leaving me a negative feedback on my trader profile after I left him one. Now of course he deserved it but I don't. I did try and work things out with him and he wanted to part of it. Blew me off right away saying he got the Blizzard in trade, didn't know of these problems, not his fault, and not his problem. Really? Last I checked as a seller you are 100% responsible for knowing the product you are selling. Claming you got it in trade and didn't know is no excuse. Here's a link to the thread. If you go on to read our conversation back and forth you can clearly see how un educated, illiterate, and ignorant this guy is.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tery-pack.html

Look at the bottom of the very first post. His original for sale post. You will see where it shows it was edited today. Please guys avoid this guy.

I have filed with paypal for a partial refund. Asked for half the cost of a new body and a new matching ESC I bought used so I expect used but I expect to get what I paid for. I think half the replacement cost of the items not as described is more than fair. Anyone think i'm out of line here?
PlatinumZJ5.9 is offline Find More Posts by PlatinumZJ5.9
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:40 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumZJ5.9 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK now I know most of us are on other forums as well as this one. This one being the best of course! Anyway I don't believe this seller is a member here but I want to warn you of him anyway. I recently bought a used Kyosho Blizzard from him. I was told it had a hard plastic Unimog body, in great shape, body never painted, nothing wrong with it at all. Now I got it yesterday and the body is lexan, painted not once but twice. Once inside once outside 2 different colors so its very obvious. He knew he just decided to lie. The on/off switch on the ESC was cut off and wires twisted together. Treads are so stretched they will have to be cut and screws all moved in 1 link to make them useable. To top it off he decided to go edit his original for sale thread. When you ask? TODAY! After all this took place! Now if that doesn't admit guilt Idon't know what does. he also decided to retaliate by leaving me a negative feedback on my trader profile after I left him one. Now of course he deserved it but I don't. I did try and work things out with him and he wanted to part of it. Blew me off right away saying he got the Blizzard in trade, didn't know of these problems, not his fault, and not his problem. Really? Last I checked as a seller you are 100% responsible for knowing the product you are selling. Claming you got it in trade and didn't know is no excuse. Here's a link to the thread. If you go on to read our conversation back and forth you can clearly see how un educated, illiterate, and ignorant this guy is.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tery-pack.html

Look at the bottom of the very first post. His original for sale post. You will see where it shows it was edited today. Please guys avoid this guy.

I have filed with paypal for a partial refund. Asked for half the cost of a new body and a new matching ESC I bought used so I expect used but I expect to get what I paid for. I think half the replacement cost of the items not as described is more than fair. Anyone think i'm out of line here?

Your link doesn't work.

It's great to alert others to a deal gone bad, but the name calling and assumptions don't need to be included. How does his literacy or lack of literacy have any bearing on your deal. Can you get the same message across saying "Bad transaction with XXXX" as you do with "XXX is dishonest" ?

State what happened, keep it factual, and present your information. Pics of the original thread would be great, it's unclear what the edit might be for. I can edit something later to say "sold" and it will show the edit.

If your information is correct than PP will probably rule in your favor. Even more so since you're asking for partial refund perhaps! I agree the seller is responsible for knowing what he is selling. I sold a camera once and noted it as New in Box since I bought it from Circuit City, but the box had been opened. The buyer gets it and lo and behold, it had over 1000 pics that had been taken. I had never used it and sold it as new. Guess it was a demo camera. I took it back and paid the shipping too. I didn't try to pass it off, and even had the receipt to show it was "new" when I bought it, but it didn't matter.

Hope it gets resolved and everyone moves on.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Agreed it could be edited to say sold but it wasnt. He tried to re word his original post. Here's the link ho his original for sale thread. The edit was done on the original post right up top. Clearly to further his dishonest behavior. Hope it works

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tery-pack.html
PlatinumZJ5.9 is offline Find More Posts by PlatinumZJ5.9
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:31 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
If you can somehow get the original post that would be great for your PP dispute. Love the guy who said it's all on you as the buyer, unreal.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:40 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,101 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
If you can somehow get the original post that would be great for your PP dispute. Love the guy who said it's all on you as the buyer, unreal.
Google Cache is a wonderful thing
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:15 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Thats the edited version though, doesn't look to be the original one.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
nope, never mind, it was the original, the only like taken out though was the issue about getting it in a trade. weird edit, as if that has a bearing on how he advertised it.

That fancy google cache !
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:02 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Steve_A_Reno's Avatar
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Wodering how you could not tell it was painted if he sent you pictures? Other issues seem like they would appear in pics as well. You could have asked for more. Maybe post the ones he sent you here.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
The body was painted from the outside with a semi flat white paint. it looks like the stock molded plastic of a hard shell. The inside is silver but i never got pictures from the inside. The pic of the ESC was a close up pic so i didnt see the wiring. I no longer have the pix he sent me. Didnt think id need them. At this point he's still trying to say im the one at fault. Really doesnt matter it's in paypal's hands. Anyone who buys from him in the future will get what they deserve. This is not the first negative feedback he's got. I shouldnt have bought from him but it is what it is.
PlatinumZJ5.9 is offline Find More Posts by PlatinumZJ5.9
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:07 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,101 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Appreciate the heads up ... but with that said

You don't have the pics anymore? How is that even possible? I could get the original post back that was edited yesterday on the internet from someone I don't even know and yet you don't have the pics for an item that you are saying was misrepresented based on the pics? I think you know where this is gonna go.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Really dont care where it's going in your mind lol. Fact is you have been warned. Why would i think i have any reason to save pictures? He never listed them on the link he only emailed them to me. I deleted them BEFORE i got the item. It looked fine in the pictures i expected it to be fine. Clearly i was wrong and should not have trusted him. I did actually post them on another forum. Im going to see if i can cut and paste them and post them here. I had posted them asking questions about the model and roughly when it was produced.
PlatinumZJ5.9 is offline Find More Posts by PlatinumZJ5.9
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
OK i was able to copy them. Here are the 2 pictures he sent me.
PlatinumZJ5.9 is offline Find More Posts by PlatinumZJ5.9
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
And here is the link i posted on the other forum. I found the thread and figured it was a great place to learn a litte more about the Blizzard. You can see the posts and the time stamps as well. My user name is the same there as it is here. Questions were asked before i actually had the Blizzard in my hands.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_66...m.htm#11243431
PlatinumZJ5.9 is offline Find More Posts by PlatinumZJ5.9
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,101 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumZJ5.9 View Post
Really dont care where it's going in your mind lol. Fact is you have been warned. Why would i think i have any reason to save pictures? He never listed them on the link he only emailed them to me. I deleted them BEFORE i got the item. It looked fine in the pictures i expected it to be fine. Clearly i was wrong and should not have trusted him. I did actually post them on another forum. Im going to see if i can cut and paste them and post them here. I had posted them asking questions about the model and roughly when it was produced.
Yea I guess I deserved that. My post was a bit pointed. Sorry about that. Just pointing out that without proof you may lose with Paypal, this is all I meant
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:38 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
johnbyrne's Avatar
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,101 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Ok, the pics do look pretty good. First point is NEVER delete pictures. They are your proof but I know you know that now . So with that said, could you take pictures of it now? I'd like to see the difference between the nice looking pics as presented and what you have in your hands. Can it be fixed up (ie, switch paint) to look at work good?

Thanks and hope this works out for you
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert US Buyers: DON'T SUPPORT POTENTIALLY ILLEGAL & DISHONEST TRADE -= GYRO =- HobbyKing 47 Aug 10, 2012 08:10 AM
Careful! Obama increasingly comes across as devious and dishonest.. SKYPILEIT Life, The Universe, and Politics 47 Apr 03, 2012 08:02 AM
Rant nitroplanes, dishonest and crooks! rob737 Parkflyers 8 Mar 16, 2009 03:47 PM
Official GWS Dealer-Dishonest Business migueloc GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 97 Nov 20, 2006 04:46 PM