SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:36 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
Before I flush my KK with the new version - does the self-leveling improved ? what else changed ?
I haven't checked the original in details and can't comment on the improvement.

However on the kk2_1V1, I would suggest to stay away from self-leveling.

I found it less stable and the motors acted up violently when the ACC picked up sudden changes.

It flies well without self-leveling though.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Ive tried all day to download the updates for the KK2,ive managed to extract the files for bot the driver and KK2,I go into device manager get so far then,it wont go any further,can some one please give me the easy way to go about this please.The Naza was easy compared to this.Please O please help me yours,Marty.
There is no driver inside the FW zip file. The programmer driver should come with your programmer if it needs one.

I am using linux, the USB serial driver is already in the kernel.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:04 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I haven't checked the original in details and can't comment on the improvement.

However on the kk2_1V1, I would suggest to stay away from self-leveling.

I found it less stable and the motors acted up violently when the ACC picked up sudden changes.

It flies well without self-leveling though.
If you are going to use self levelling, then the KK2 needs to be vibration isolated.
The vibrations from the motor poles switching can easily cause over a 4g vibration signal to the accelerometer, as the MultiWii people discovered last year in this thread.

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...XL335&start=40

That vibration can saturate the input to the A->D converter and cause unpredictable results.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
for the built in voltage alarm do i just need to connect + to the board or both + and -?
Check out this video by one of the members = dhdsracer

KK2 Voltage alarm
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,307 Posts
@jabu32
Just solder a servo pin in the empty hole on the board. Then make a single wire extension and connect it between the pin and the most positive wire on the balance connector. Any servo extension cable will provide the necessary parts ..Cover all exposed metal with heat shrink, or keep the connector housings or part of them.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Last edited by flarssen; Aug 14, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:33 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Help, I have one esc/motor motor 3 thats not spinning up as well as the rest(its jumpy), If I push the throttle up and down a few times it kicks in sometimes

Ive swapped escs still the same, its motor output 3, Radio is trimmed out to zero, Ive played with the throttle limit...it doesnt change, Ive re calibrated the ESC's multiple times still doesnt change

Any ideas?
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:41 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiwikat View Post
Help, I have one esc/motor motor 3 thats not spinning up as well as the rest(its jumpy), If I push the throttle up and down a few times it kicks in sometimes
Mine behaved the same with the factory PI settings. After setting P=50% and I=0, it behaves great (not flying around yet).

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiwikat View Post

Ive swapped escs still the same, its motor output 3, Radio is trimmed out to zero, Ive played with the throttle limit...it doesnt change, Ive re calibrated the ESC's multiple times still doesnt change

Any ideas?
Tried changing the motor timing on the ESCs? Or swapping the motor with one of the other ones?

I had ta similar problem (motor 1) with HK SS ESCs, swapped them for Turnigy Plush and the problem went away.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:11 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
How did you make the glasses
Hi Tech, the glasses are CZ Cinemizer Plus and I added some rubber foam around them and not to get the sunlight inside...wich causes a annoying glare...
Anyway, I usually use a black cloth wich I put over my head to improve the sunlight isolation.
serjuro is offline Find More Posts by serjuro
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:24 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
If you are going to use self levelling, then the KK2 needs to be vibration isolated.
The vibrations from the motor poles switching can easily cause over a 4g vibration signal to the accelerometer, as the MultiWii people discovered last year in this thread.

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...XL335&start=40

That vibration can saturate the input to the A->D converter and cause unpredictable results.
I have my KK2.0 on a microQuad, without balancing the propeller, and without a dedicated mount for the KK2.0

Still autolevel in flight work pretty fine. Actually it is still a most have due to the small size of the quad and the usage of high rate control.

I think the KK2 has some error during a hard contact ... but I think are more the gyros that get crazy ... not the acc sensors ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:58 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
@jabu32
Just solder a servo pin in the empty hole on the board. Then make a single wire extension and connect it between the pin and the most positive wire on the balance connector. Any servo extension cable will provide the necessary parts ..Cover all exposed metal with heat shrink, or keep the connector housings or part of them.

Fred
Thanks Fred,

That's actually a darn good idea. I winder why there isn't a pin soldered on there at the factory. Anyways I broke my 250 frame today and to repair it I have to remove the KK2. I thought it was annoying having to desolder the + wire from the board and re-solder every time that happens. Now I know what to do.

Thanks again for the tip.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:37 AM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Firmware V1.2

-Bug-fix: ESC calibration.

There where two uninitialized variables when entering ESC calibration. (flagMutePwm and ServoFilter) Of course this was the one function I forgot to test in V1.1. Sorry about that.

Note that ESC calibration is a bit simpler now. You can plug in the battery and then press the buttons, since the welcome screen adds a bit delay. No need for 4 hands

Also note that the ESC calibration amplifies the throttle signal a bit to make sure the ESC receive the full range of 1 to 2 ms. (in all versions)
This why it it is best to do the ESC calibration though the KK2.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:00 AM
Joined Apr 2012
68 Posts
Love your work.
pjman is offline Find More Posts by pjman
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:08 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Was that with autolevel on or off?
(I'm betting it was off )
No, self level is on, I often fly with Self level on.

Calibration must be done when all legs are perfectly level ( not only board level).

Self level if anything is off cause high drift.
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Last edited by srepfler; Aug 14, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:23 AM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Self level on high wind

Self level on high wind,
gains need to be little lower for wind but works fine.

x666 quadcopter high wind (7 min 23 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler