HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:11 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Iv been looking for a online user manual for the DH 9116 tx as an alternative to the 9X.

What can the DH 9116 tx do.. Or not do compared to the 9X
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:07 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post

I did some modifications to the throttle stick also, to remove the "ratchet" feel of the throttle stick.

Open up the 9116 tx, and find the shiny metal leaf spring on the throttle stick. Remove it and sand down the ridges on the curved part of the throttle stick (not totally, just enough to take the edge off the ridges, as you'll still need some grip). Then flatten the ridge on the leaf spring and slip a few layers of heatshrink tubing over the end of the leaf spring where it contacts the curved part of the throttle stick. Mildly flatten out the section of the leaf spring where it screws into the housing to increase the normal tension on the throttle stick. Re-assemble the mechanism and fine tune the spring tension by tightening the screw to suit your preference.
There should be a large disclaimer following these instructions that warn people how much of a royal pain in the ass it is to reassemble the transmitter after removing the stick. You can save a TON of time by not removing it and just sanding it down with the stick in place. Putting it back together is like trying to build a house of cards in your hands. There are multiple pieces and every one has to be perfectly lined up for the stick to go back together. I just spent a half hour messing with mine and it's still not back together.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
Just a 9116 flyer.
Australia, NSW, Wollongong
Joined Dec 2012
622 Posts
Tx ratchet mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
There should be a large disclaimer following these instructions that warn people how much of a royal pain in the ass it is to reassemble the transmitter after removing the stick. You can save a TON of time by not removing it and just sanding it down with the stick in place. Putting it back together is like trying to build a house of cards in your hands. There are multiple pieces and every one has to be perfectly lined up for the stick to go back together. I just spent a half hour messing with mine and it's still not back together.
Hi,
Sorry, but I think that you're mis-reading the post...
There's no ref; to actually removing the Tx stick assy in the post.

Quote:
I did some modifications to the throttle stick also, to remove the "ratchet" feel of the throttle stick.

Open up the 9116 tx, and find the shiny metal leaf spring on the throttle stick. Remove it and sand down the ridges on the curved part of the throttle stick (not totally, just enough to take the edge off the ridges, as you'll still need some grip). Then flatten the ridge on the leaf spring and slip a few layers of heatshrink tubing over the end of the leaf spring where it contacts the curved part of the throttle stick. Mildly flatten out the section of the leaf spring where it screws into the housing to increase the normal tension on the throttle stick. Re-assemble the mechanism and fine tune the spring tension by tightening the screw to suit your preference.

Or, alternately, replace the leaf spring with a full length, thin slice of steel sheet (metal yard fencing sheet steel works well), and drill two holes in either end and screw in one screw completely on one end of the new leaf spring and use the opposite end screw to increase the tension on the spring to suit your stick resistance preference.

If you find it's too tight and you don't have much adjustment, use a light rub of candle wax on the curved part of the throttle housing, but not too much as it may make the throttle stick flop all over the place, especially if you can't apply enough tension to the new spring. You want it to be firm, but to be easily moved.
As you found, it just requires you to sand or file the teeth down a little to reduce the strong ratchet effect & adjusting the spring tension in the (shiny) bar.

Apply a little dry lube if nec.

L..
Rajah235 is offline Find More Posts by Rajah235
Last edited by Rajah235; Dec 31, 2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:26 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Just received a few 9116 Tx's and although they are a improvement.. Im disappointed in the dead band center stick. Anyway.. the rudder is much more manageable and the feel is overall better. But seems the rudder trim does nothing..

I dont understand what these are.. what do they do?

press of the SEL button, AILE SUB L flashes - 000
press of the SEL button, THRO SUB F flashes - 000
press of the SEL button, RUDD SUB L flashes - 000

press of the SEL button, back to ELEV SUB F flashes - 000
====

press of the MENU button, THRO TRI 0 - 000%

press of the SEL button, THRO TRI 1 - 025%
press of the SEL button, THRO TRI 2 - 050%
press of the SEL button, THRO TRI 3 - 075%
press of the SEL button, THRO TRI 4 - 100%

press of the SEL button, back to THRO TRI 0 - 000%
Last edited by GiantScale; Jan 12, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:16 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
hi fun posted in the wrong place with the wrong subject I apologize. I'm looking for anything possible ways of changing the stick configuration of my the 911 stock controller. I fly the symai s 107 G and I absolutely love it. I bought the v911 4 channel and I like it, however I DESPERATELY want the rudder control on the right stick like the 3 channel.Is it possible to bridge/jump the circuit traces trading sides or some kind of programming change that could be done? Judging by the posts I have read it's apparent some of you really know what your doing. Maybe this is rediculous to you but I refuse to simply get used the existing configuration. My S107G and my RC planes all have the right stick configuration the same.ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated. JB
fishawk is offline Find More Posts by fishawk
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:33 AM
Slope Soaring Plank Scratcher
Australia, NSW, Keerrong
Joined Jan 2013
592 Posts
hey fishawk
i suggest buying a 9116 tx (maybe about $20?) and following the instructions from the great Stormforce to convert the tx from mode 2 to mode 1. (which changes the rudder to the right stick)

9116 tech manual - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...1&d=1340883143

then bind it to your 911
Gygax is offline Find More Posts by Gygax
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
23 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has posted a complete list of settings on the 9116 TX that would be optimal for flying the v929 quad? How would you compensate the 20 40 60 100% rates on the 9116 TX or flipping? Just got the 9116 TX and am a noob when it comes to it. Thanks in advance
MicroHeliManiac is offline Find More Posts by MicroHeliManiac
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:15 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroHeliManiac View Post
Just wondering if anyone has posted a complete list of settings on the 9116 TX that would be optimal for flying the v929 quad? How would you compensate the 20 40 60 100% rates on the 9116 TX or flipping? Just got the 9116 TX and am a noob when it comes to it. Thanks in advance
I dont have the V929 so can only comment on my V911's.. But I never messed with the throttle. I only had to reverse some of the servos. rudder and elevator I think. Then used the high dual rate as my main program and dialed the expo down on the AILE and RUDD. Then I have to remember to go the rudder sub-trim before I fly to make the rudder trim actually work, but with the up and down buttons instead of the trim switch. Its to bad the 9116 has no mixing capability's, but how much can you expect from a $11 Tx?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:17 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
I just got my DH controller.... Followed the instructions at top of thread.... absolutely ZERO rudder operation at all. any stick....

display shows no bars when rudder moved.... left stick also feels rough... not smooth movement like right stick.

Do I have a bad controller?
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Last edited by jwilkers; Feb 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:18 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkers View Post
I just got my DH controller.... Followed the instructions at top of thread.... absolutely ZERO rudder operation at all. any stick....

display shows no bars when rudder moved.... left stick also feels rough... not smooth movement like right stick.

Do I have a bad controller?
Fixed it... opened it up and there was some error in assembly... stick evidently wasn't seated properly in its mount.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:39 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,201 Posts
Flying the V9xx & V9x9 with a DH 9116 Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiedg View Post
Hi eertan,
see the below 9116 guide which covers the bind process.
http://customers.skymesh.net.au/%7Em...ech_manual.pdf
The simple v911 bind process is;
1. Insert the lipo battery in the v911 heli - Rx board led flashes.
2. Then make sure the Tx throttle is fully down and switch on the 9116 Tx.
3. Once the normal bleeps have finished you should have bind - Rx board led now steady.
4. Follow the previous posts in this thread to reverse the Rudder and Ailerlon controls
cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiedg View Post
My Beetle arrived last week
Just a note to confirm that the WLtoys beetle v929 quadcopter works fine with the 9116 Tx. The stock Tx is fine but I like having the individual control on rates, tend to use rudder on 50% which gives a slower turn.

Follow prev post to reverse RUDD and ELEV.
So it reverse RUDD & AIL for the WL Toys V9xx series, and reverse RUDD & ELEV for the WL Toys V9x9 series?
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member