HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:29 AM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
Just 10 miles from my location here, I used to live in between 2 townships. The only internet access was via dial-up, and that required one to have a landline phone, as you could not get DSL without it. I wasn't going to pay for a cell and a landline, so I went 5 years without internet at home. I was just as heavy into RC then as I am now. Imagine being from a small town in North Dakota, you'd be lucky to have a phone or cell service, much less broadband. The point I was trying to make is that HH should not be selling something that not everyone can update. It's one thing to go fishing for updates that might come out at a later date, but out of the box you shouldn't have to go straight to downloading software. The HH tech couldn't even register a radio over the phone for warranty reasons. It might seem far fetched in this day and age, but for me it's just the principle of the matter.

I hate web ads, commercials etc. If I want to buy a product, I am going to buy it, regardless if I saw it advertised. An ad is not going to sway me. I see the nag screen as just that, an ad. If Spektrum is going to spam my new radio, at least let me see the rest of the internet with it. Imagine being able to post a vid to youtube in real time right off the TX...........

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:30 AM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
I mean, we used to walk 10 miles to school, and it was uphill both ways, BUT WE LOVED IT!
I walked my fair share as well, maybe not 10 miles a day but it sure felt like it
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
Spads, Balsa & Foam
United States, IA, Newton
Joined Oct 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray123 View Post
The point I was trying to make is that HH should not be selling something that not everyone can update.
Radios have been sold for decades (and still are) that can't be updated at all. I appreciate HH for offering us the option for updating and making it totally voluntarily. I think what most others are trying to say is that if you buy a sophisticated and upgradeable radio like the DX18 then you probably can find a way to get it updated.

I understand that what you are trying to say but its just a splash screen and doesn't take away any function of the radio. Also if the guy is not willing to find a work around then it probably isn't bothering him much. I used mine for a month before I registered it.
Varmit is offline Find More Posts by Varmit
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:21 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray123 View Post
I walked my fair share as well, maybe not 10 miles a day but it sure felt like it
Yeah, but did you LOVE IT? That's the true sign of an atavist!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,058 Posts
Noobie DX18 owner question. Can I just update to version 1.03, or do I have to update sequentially, 1.01 then 1.02, then 1.03?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but this thread is getting long and I haven't found the answer as I was browsing.

McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kingsflyer; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
Noobie DX18 owner question. Can I just update to version 1.02, or do I have to update sequentially, 1.01 then 1.02?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but this thread is getting long and I haven't found the answer as I was browsing.

McD
You can jump directly to the latest version of AirWare .
Please, read the "Software Update Read Me" flie, before updating.

Ciao,
Egidio
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:20 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Joined Sep 2005
5,058 Posts
I read the How To file and the Change Log file and that's what confused me I guess. The Log states the changes in each version and it does not indicate that the latest version incorporates ALL the previous changes.

McD
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:28 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,392 Posts
This ain't a PC - we don't do partial updates!

But that's a good point, I will look into adding it for future PDFs.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:04 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Translation: The latest update includes all previous updates that have not themselves been updated.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:18 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Joined Sep 2005
5,058 Posts
Updated to 1.03 and test flown this morning. All's well with the new DX18. Now I just have to install the ratchet on the throttle and start programming it for the rest of my planes. So far the numeric values from my 9503 for subtrim and trim values work pretty well to get my planes very close to in trim. Rates and Expo are also pretty close. We'll see how some of my "Fancy" mixes work out.

McD
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
All's well with the new DX18. Now I just have to install the ratchet on the throttle and start programming it for the rest of my planes.
Be careful messing around with that gimbal. Some are known to be quite delicate.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
Just yours it seems!! Or is it yours.. Who knows !! Have u registered your tx with HH??
digger951 is offline Find More Posts by digger951
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger951 View Post
Just yours it seems!! Or is it yours.. Who knows !! Have u registered your tx with HH??
Oh, it's definitely registered on spektrumrc.com...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:51 PM
United States, MD, Rockville
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westranm View Post
For those of you who requested for a photo/video of the screen glitches I am seeing on my DX18, two examples I shot with my phone are contained in the attached ZIP.

The Servo Setup screen shows the glitches the best given that it has lots of horizontal lines. When looking at the Main Screen video, the glitches are easiest to see in flight mode (Aggressive) and the model name.

I would appreciate it if other DX18 owners would check for this issue. I know of only two others that have reported it on RCGroups. I would be especially grateful if someone who doesn't think they have this issue would post an equivalent video of the Servo Setup screen.

Thanks! -Randy
has spektrum resolved this yet. I used to have a dx18 that had this issue, and everyone i know that has one has the same problem.
aquaanox is offline Find More Posts by aquaanox
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
It looks like TRANSFORMERS
woodsbug is offline Find More Posts by woodsbug