HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2014, 05:38 PM
AMA - 734492
United States, MT, Butte
Joined Mar 2007
2,123 Posts
Hmm... this will do it. I know I've read that people say to check these connectors and it seems there is good reason for this. My question is if I repair this, can these connectors be trusted?? Or should they be swapped out?

Eric
EricClark is offline Find More Posts by EricClark
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2014, 06:03 PM
AMA - 734492
United States, MT, Butte
Joined Mar 2007
2,123 Posts
Flew 4 minutes on 8S 4000 and put in 1450 back into them so... yeah, plenty of flight time, I'm happy about that! What does the stock setup usually run?

Eric
Old Sep 01, 2014, 09:19 PM
AMA - 734492
United States, MT, Butte
Joined Mar 2007
2,123 Posts
So I tore out all those connectors and now everything is hooked up normally with Y-Connectors and Servo Extensions so I know all the wiring is bulletproof. The aileron servo was fried though, perhaps that FMS plug short circuited or something. Anyway, I flew it again tonight and almost lost it. I flew a few laps and extended the gear, did a slow dirty pass and then flipped the switch to retract them. All of a sudden the plane locks up and doesn't respond to inputs. I though it was over, but as soon as the gear retracted, control was restored. In a panic, I turned it around, lined up with the runway, and dropped the gear thinking it may lock up again but at least it will plow in level and maybe the gear will take the impact but no... I had control and crash landed with no major damage. I tried to pull the telemetry off my CC100 ESC but it gave me an error message. My assumption is that the BEC was overloaded perhaps? In any case, I will now be flying with an external CC 10A BEC. Probably should have in the first place but live and learn. Hopefully after this fix I can get more than one flight in!

Eric
Old Sep 01, 2014, 11:33 PM
AMA - 734492
United States, MT, Butte
Joined Mar 2007
2,123 Posts
Metal trunions.... granted it ran off the runway into the sagebrush but still....

Anyone tried these?

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-designed...1700mm-planes/

Are they worth it?

Also, I thought I'd try painting the wheel wells and I think it makes a nice quick and easy upgrade.

Eric
Last edited by EricClark; Sep 01, 2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2014, 05:22 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,014 Posts
There is a new quick connect I will be useing on my 66"P40 and starmax Fw190.
There simple servos leads and they they group them with a plastic retainer , there is never a special connections ( its always the actual servo lead ) but connected as one lead.
I will try to post the item, it was cheap and can go from 3 to 6 connections , shipped to my house in under a week.
On the retracts many have upgraded after either a problem or simply during the build ,.
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Sep 02, 2014, 07:27 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,891 Posts
I think THIS might be what you are talking about? Seems like a really good idea!
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Sep 02, 2014, 12:49 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,014 Posts
Yes but from a cheaper supplier , I will post a link !!
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Sep 02, 2014, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2011
430 Posts
If you want to "do it yourself" and/or have lots of uses for multi-connectors here is a link to the products I bought., excluding wire. Wire is else where on their site or you can purchase wire other places. It takes a little time but...
Initial cost may seem some what expensive but it give me something to do
Reno

http://hansenhobbies.com/products/co...ools/crimp_dx/
http://hansenhobbies.com/products/co.../pt1in_lp_1x9/
http://hansenhobbies.com/products/co...s/pt1in_lp_ft/
http://hansenhobbies.com/products/co...s/pt1in_lp_mt/
reno4sure is offline Find More Posts by reno4sure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fms 1700 f4u
Old Sep 02, 2014, 05:04 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricClark View Post
Metal trunions.... granted it ran off the runway into the sagebrush but still....

Anyone tried these?

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-designed...1700mm-planes/

Are they worth it?

Also, I thought I'd try painting the wheel wells and I think it makes a nice quick and easy upgrade.

Eric
Yup they are stout and nice quality. I have a set as well and they are a nice upgrade and a lot cheaper then my Eflite 60-120 retracts.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Sep 02, 2014, 06:14 PM
AMA - 734492
United States, MT, Butte
Joined Mar 2007
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Yup they are stout and nice quality. I have a set as well and they are a nice upgrade and a lot cheaper then my Eflite 60-120 retracts.
Awesome, that was what I was curious about. Its 50 bucks each for the FMS gear so $100 total and I see the Eflite ones are $150 so if the FMS were junk I'd spend the extra 50 but as you say they are not, might as well give em a go! Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 06, 2014, 05:00 PM
AMA - 734492
United States, MT, Butte
Joined Mar 2007
2,123 Posts
Got my decals from Callie Graphics and started detailing my P-51. I like how its turning out, can't wait to get her back in the air! My metal retracts are supposed to arrive Monday, so I am getting it all detailed and prepped so when they arrive, I can drop them in and go fly!

Eric
Old Sep 07, 2014, 03:53 PM
AMA - 734492
United States, MT, Butte
Joined Mar 2007
2,123 Posts
Here it is with all the basic detailing done. Endless amount of work can be done down to the tiniest detail but ya gotta stop somewhere. I'm pretty happy with it.

Eric