HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 26, 2011, 05:09 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
New Product
Proboat Mystic 29" Cat

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB4075

New offering from PB.
This is the same hull as the MG just white. Comes with offset rudder and a different better bushing. This will come with the PB1800kv motor (Stiletto motor) and the PB 60amp esc (Stiletto esc) and a beefed up hatch, this is suppose to come in a PNP or RTR verision. Nice addition! Way to go PB. The RTR market just keeps getting better and better.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Last edited by Diesel6401; May 26, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2011, 02:06 PM
Registered User
bostong's Avatar
Danmark, SjŠlland, Sor°
Joined May 2011
436 Posts
Looks sweet, I like the MC better tho
bostong is offline Find More Posts by bostong
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:26 PM
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,841 Posts
It's the exact same hull, this one just has better hardware, motor and esc, and comes PNP instead of forcing you to buy it with the tx/rx.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:33 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostong View Post
Looks sweet, I like the MC better tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
It's the exact same hull, this one just has better hardware, motor and esc, and comes PNP instead of forcing you to buy it with the tx/rx.
Same as the Miss Geico not the MC like the guy above stated. They hatch is suppose to be a little tougher and the rtr version is just a little more then the pnp. I am a spektrum guy so it's actually more cost effective for me to buy the rtr instead of the pnp. WIth the pnp i still need to supply my rx which the cheapest mr rx is the mr200 which is $49.99 making the total $319.99 + $49.99 = $369.98 and the RTR is $359.99 with the rx in it. Sell the supplied radio and I come out on top.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Last edited by Diesel6401; May 27, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:35 PM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
The same hull as the MC??? MC's paint puts that boat over the top! Love to here more or a comparo....
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
Registered User
bostong's Avatar
Danmark, SjŠlland, Sor°
Joined May 2011
436 Posts
Blow

Not same as the MC (Motley Crew) , but same as the Miss Geico hull...

For me the motley crew just looks so much sweeter, and much more space inside the hull aswell...

But this new version of MC is definately sweet looking aswell, and the hardware is cool
bostong is offline Find More Posts by bostong
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:45 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostong View Post
Blow

Not same as the MC (Motley Crew) , but same as the Miss Geico hull...

For me the motley crew just looks so much sweeter, and much more space inside the hull aswell...

But this new version of MC is definately sweet looking aswell, and the hardware is cool
Yea wparsons thought the other guy said MG not MC so that's what started the confusion. This is the same hull as the Proboat Miss Geico just to clear everything up. I redid some of post to help it flow better.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:47 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWZILLA View Post
The same hull as the MC??? MC's paint puts that boat over the top! Love to here more or a comparo....
I'll try and get a side by side of the MG and MC this weekend. They both are really sweet boats. The MC is sick though. The pics on the websites it looked like crap but in person shes real sexy... I was actually going to paint my Miss G white and do a different theme, but this is just that much better. Needless to say I have one of these on the wish list lol .
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:54 PM
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,841 Posts
Yep, I read it as MG not MC. Too many similar looking letters on comparable boats!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 04:00 PM
Registered User
bostong's Avatar
Danmark, SjŠlland, Sor°
Joined May 2011
436 Posts
Diesel,

I envy you, I so much want the MC aswell... I just bought a pursuit. My first brushless boat and 2nd boat so far. I am going to get some experience with the pursuit... I am waiting till I can buy the MC hull only, then it will prolly be my first build from "scratch" hopefully :-)
But thats a project for the future ... now I need some exp with soldering and tweaking the pursuit, de-assemble and asembling it again etc

Looking forward seeing some vids of your MC, and really paying attention to your battery post aswell, its good stuff mate
bostong is offline Find More Posts by bostong
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 04:33 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Yep, I read it as MG not MC. Too many similar looking letters on comparable boats!
All good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostong View Post
Diesel,

I envy you, I so much want the MC aswell... I just bought a pursuit. My first brushless boat and 2nd boat so far. I am going to get some experience with the pursuit... I am waiting till I can buy the MC hull only, then it will prolly be my first build from "scratch" hopefully :-)
But thats a project for the future ... now I need some exp with soldering and tweaking the pursuit, de-assemble and asembling it again etc

Looking forward seeing some vids of your MC, and really paying attention to your battery post aswell, its good stuff mate
O man don't envy me, I am a bad influence lol... Just ask my neighbor. He seen my Hobby Shop (garage) and in about a month he has 3 boats and 4 planes lol. He gets packages shipped to my house now so his wife doesn't find out and if he gets if shipped to his place, I have a copy of his mail key to intercept the package it's a high tech operation with a secert handshake and everything.

Grab some cheap spare wire and start practing the soldering. You will learn pretty quick. I learned everything on setting up boats from forums, trial and error and blowing a few things up
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 04:38 PM
Registered User
bostong's Avatar
Danmark, SjŠlland, Sor°
Joined May 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
All good



O man don't envy me, I am a bad influence lol... Just ask my neighbor. He seen my Hobby Shop (garage) and in about a month he has 3 boats and 4 planes lol. He gets packages shipped to my house now so his wife doesn't find out and if he gets if shipped to his place, I have a copy of his mail key to intercept the package it's a high tech operation with a secert handshake and everything.

Grab some cheap spare wire and start practing the soldering. You will learn pretty quick. I learned everything on setting up boats from forums, trial and error and blowing a few things up
haha sweet, mr. bond and everything ... Yea, I will do some pracc .. I try not to use all my money on hobbyparts, but theres just so many small things i want, temp gun, battery checker etc, tools etc.. all adds up ... but ill get there eventually...
bostong is offline Find More Posts by bostong
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 04:51 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostong View Post
haha sweet, mr. bond and everything ... Yea, I will do some pracc .. I try not to use all my money on hobbyparts, but theres just so many small things i want, temp gun, battery checker etc, tools etc.. all adds up ... but ill get there eventually...
Yea certain things will knit pick you to death. Here is in the states we have a place called Harbor Freight. I get all my rc tools and crap mostly there. Like my temp gun was http://www.harborfreight.com/non-con...ter-93983.html $14.99 but got it on sale for $7 I think. I also have all my wrenchs and allen keys, heat shrink all from there for really cheap. I am an aircraft mechanic so I keep all my Craftsman and Snap-On crap at my job so the cheap tools I keep for around the house. WOrks out good. I also have this little torch which I have soldered with before http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-torch-42099.html and is works great for other things. My soldering iron is a cheap http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053 I have soldered aircraft wiring with this thing. You don't need some high priced soldering station. Just practice and know how. This comes in handy http://www.harborfreight.com/jumbo-h...hts-65779.html. I also use only lead solder. Between that and my little torch i can solder everything boat releated just fine, from small bullets all the way to 8mm bullets and even 8awg without any problems. No failures no issues.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 04:58 PM
Registered User
bostong's Avatar
Danmark, SjŠlland, Sor°
Joined May 2011
436 Posts
sounds cool mate... I will look at shops here in Denmark for the stuff I need ... prices here are about twice the amount or more than you give in the states...but sometimes you can get lucky and buy stuff cheap :-) ill get there

Im just a warehouse worker, dont have any luxury tools or any experience what so ever with it, but ill learn
bostong is offline Find More Posts by bostong
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 05:43 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostong View Post
sounds cool mate... I will look at shops here in Denmark for the stuff I need ... prices here are about twice the amount or more than you give in the states...but sometimes you can get lucky and buy stuff cheap :-) ill get there

Im just a warehouse worker, dont have any luxury tools or any experience what so ever with it, but ill learn
Time, patience and practice! You'll get there...
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold ProBoat Stiletto 29 Brush-less Brand New RTR geradmg513 Boats (FS/W) 2 May 06, 2011 10:44 AM
Discussion NEW*** ProBoat Miss Geico 29 Offshore Cat! Darin Jordan Racing Boats - Electric 18 Sep 05, 2010 07:59 AM
Sold **ProBoat Min-C(cat) RTR Excelent Condition** buzzbait00 Boats (FS/W) 4 Nov 03, 2008 09:02 AM
For Sale ProBoat mini Cat RTR pcolla1 Boats (FS/W) 12 Mar 09, 2008 01:37 PM
For Sale ProBoat mini Cat RTR pcolla1 Boats (FS/W) 0 Feb 26, 2008 07:55 PM