HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:25 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,966 Posts
Yup ditto mine is waiting at my shipping location...way faster than swapping through a computer !
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:34 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
also just heard that the radio price is going up about $30 .
stegl is offline Find More Posts by stegl
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
ahhhh, after updating a bind would surely be needed as the rf deck is replaced if I'm not wrong.

Mike R
Yep, rebinding is required after the RF board update.

Garret
Garret H is online now Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:39 PM
PaulG
Newcastle, NSW Australia
Joined Dec 2004
315 Posts
Things for software upgrade

I've had my SD10g's for almost two years and I have never had a reception problem out to the limit of my visibility when flying f3j gliders in competitions. There are a few things I'd like to see improved.
1)The proper adjustment of V tails
I and others have mentioned this elsewhere.
2) The aileron/rudder mix should allow adjustment of left and right rudder movement. I once measured the throws and there was a significant difference between left and right throws. You can fix this with a C mix but should not have to.
3) Same with the aileron to flap mix. Again you could use two C mixes to fix this but it should be a feature of the inbuilt mix.

If there is a "super" version in development I hope that it will have a larger screen, so that you can see all of the adjustment screen and not have to scroll. I also hope that they will get away from the input buttons and go for a turn and press type of selection and adjustment. one or two extra flight mode would be good.

Not much change when you think about how many good things there are about the radio. Telemetry would be nice but not essential for me apart from seeing how high my launches were.
pigly is offline Find More Posts by pigly
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,044 Posts
Mixing RU with AI (AI>RU) I get the same RU deflection left and right. But you should check Limit in Surface.

Anyone who added the VR8 dial? I am thinking about that. (To get rid of the grey blind plug.)
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined May 2004
157 Posts
I had both the switch and VR installed on my two SD-10G's where the plugs are. When I had it done, parts took some time to come by but that may not be a problem anymore. I do use both VR's on the front of the radio but not much so far for the extra switch.
Thud_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Thud_Driver
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:48 PM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,157 Posts
Did the switch and VR myself, and I use the switch constantly. Love having it.

MIke R
mikeruth is online now Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,044 Posts
Does VR8 come as a plug in solution? I would like to get one.
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:54 PM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
Does VR8 come as a plug in solution? I would like to get one.
Neithr are plug in so to speak. You need to remove the top of the TX, remove th upper pc board and then solder in the VR knob and Switch. There are mounting/soldering holes in the pcb.

If your going to the trouble, do both at the same time.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
SLO Flyer
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2003
98 Posts
Mike,

I was looking here for the switch and the VR. Would you happen to know the part number or description to search for? (there are two ambiguously labeled potentiometers, aaack.)

Thanks,

Jaybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Did the switch and VR myself, and I use the switch constantly. Love having it.

MIke R
Jaybee is offline Find More Posts by Jaybee
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:31 PM
The "Foaminator"
Joined Mar 2007
2,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Mike,

I was looking here for the switch and the VR. Would you happen to know the part number or description to search for? (there are two ambiguously labeled potentiometers, aaack.)

Thanks,

Jaybee
First off I recomend you call them to place this order as not all the parts are listed.

For the 3 Pos long switch you need
Item No.
495847 Vendor No.
767L30114A Toggle Switch - 3-Pos Long
You also need the locking ring that goes on the outside of the case, and I do believe that is not listed.
Although this appears to be it now.
Item No.
496500 Vendor No.
657A40011A Washer - SD-10G Bevel

The VR should be
Item No.
496463 Vendor No.
542A04401A Dial VR SD-10G
There is a lock ring and you also need the knob. All seperate items.

Thats why I called, They had some trouble getting it all together.

Think I spent about $25.00 total to do it.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
Sd-10G to 12 channels

Just had a brainwave....... doesn't always happen but here goes. I know that you can assign channels to whatever use you want so then if you took the SD10-G with its new 12 channel setup; could you not use 2 six channel receivers and run a total of 12 separate channels by assigning the second receiver to specific channel numbers/functions ?? I don't see why not ?
stegl is offline Find More Posts by stegl
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
Just had a brainwave....... doesn't always happen but here goes. I know that you can assign channels to whatever use you want so then if you took the SD10-G with its new 12 channel setup; could you not use 2 six channel receivers and run a total of 12 separate channels by assigning the second receiver to specific channel numbers/functions ?? I don't see why not ?
How do you bind to two recivers when they both have unique identifiers? The product is specifically designed to avoid this scenario...
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:05 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution View Post
How do you bind to two recivers when they both have unique identifiers? The product is specifically designed to avoid this scenario...
Binding 2 receivers isn't a problem.
The problem is that both receivers would only see channels 1 through 6 and channels 7 through 12 would not be used.

Lenny
Lenny970 is online now Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:09 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2002
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution View Post
The receivers bind to the transmitter, not the other way around. So yes, you can have two receivers reacting to the output of the transmitter at the same time. This is not the problem with stegl's suggestion. The problem is that there is no way to configure/tell the receiver that it should act as a different range of channels, so both will do exactly the same thing with each of the channels. If you need to drive a whole bunch of dual-servo flying surfaces this might be useful. Otherwise, not so much.

Ivan MacKenzie.

+1 Lenny, we were obviously typing at the same time, and you were faster!
imack is offline Find More Posts by imack