HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:28 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Given Jeti's history of not implementing some of the things they say they would do would it not have been sensible to leave section 9.4.4 out of the manual :-) until they release a build with that functionality then it doesn't exist as far as us consumers are concerned.

By past history I mean the ProfiBox I have had for 8 months. Most people still advertising functions it still can't do and instructions have even more features it can't do.

DC-16 manual well written though :-)

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:00 PM
Czech Republic
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Well, the "voice output" will be out next week if no problems appear. The manual was released quite early :-D
MafRaf is offline Find More Posts by MafRaf
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I look forward to it. I saw the video of it in action on one of the German sites a few weeks ago and it is a 'killer' feature when it comes to telemetry

Dave
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:54 PM
Lou
AMA? Not needed, too expensive
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,802 Posts
Small error on panel 12.14, item characters b to f are in green and not in red, as the 'a' character is.

You may want to add a page stating that it is permissable for the manual to be reproduced. Granting that permission will give the Kinko type businesses the OK to print and bind the pdf file, if the TX owner so wishes to do so.

Nice manual, good effort, thanks.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Oct 04, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined May 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
I look forward to it. I saw the video of it in action on one of the German sites a few weeks ago and it is a 'killer' feature when it comes to telemetry

Dave
As soon as we have the update we will make video.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined May 2010
1,824 Posts
Jeti Duplex Telemetry Vario & Mezon Application

Using a sensitive barometric sensor the MVario EX allows you to measure your model’s rate of climb, rate of decent and relative altitude.

Jeti MEZON ESC’s advanced design and software are capable of unmatched precision and efficient motor management. With DUPLEX integration all data is measured in real time.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cz.aspx

Zb/Esprit Model

Jeti Duplex Telemetry Vario & Mezon Application (7 min 24 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:18 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Here is a video of the feature in section 9.4.4 of the manual. Looks like it should be out soon (although 2 weeks can mean 8 months plus )

JETImodel DC-16 - Sprachausgabe (1 min 18 sec)

Dave
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:01 AM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Zb / Esprit:

Any chance answering my questions about the Mezon features I posted back here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=84

I'm still a very interested potential buyer am hoping for a little more info before diving in, specifically about the Mezon (phase sensors, spoolup/soft start, and compatibility with an external governor-- I use Vbar.)

The TX itself looks great and the programming looks very versatile; I like the integration & telemetry with the Mezon, just looking for a bit more info on the Mezon itself since I can't seem to find english instructions for one anywhere.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined May 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Zb / Esprit:
I'm still a very interested potential buyer am hoping for a little more info before diving in, specifically about the Mezon (phase sensors, spoolup/soft start, and compatibility with an external governor-- I use Vbar.)

The TX itself looks great and the programming looks very versatile; I like the integration & telemetry with the Mezon, just looking for a bit more info on the Mezon itself since I can't seem to find english instructions for one anywhere.
Hi,

I am sorry for late respond but unfortunately my workmate is at this time in CA for Heli Scale Masters.
He will be back in the office Tuesday and can/will give you all the answers.

The reson for manual is simple, we were in process of finishing last software and hardware upgrades.
Manual will be out in next 1-2 weeks just in time for next batch of ESCs.

Zb/Esprit Model

In mean time here is the programing video.

Jeti Mezon 135 Opto Programming (16 min 51 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:32 PM
Lou
AMA? Not needed, too expensive
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,802 Posts
ZB

Will the U.S. purchasers receive a professionally printed manual with the transmitter or will they be required to download the .pdf manual?
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined May 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
ZB

Will the U.S. purchasers receive a professionally printed manual with the transmitter or will they be required to download the .pdf manual?
Every Radio comes with printed version. The pdf. will be always kept fully updated.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:17 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,860 Posts
Very nice transmitter indeed. But as an FPV pilot I have special needs, and I don't mean I ride the short bus

Nice to see it has PPM out, which I will need to use it with my UHF box. I trust it will work with that flawlessly.

But how is it possible to get my headtracking signal into the DC-16? I need this to control the camera pan and tilt channels for my video camera on the plane. My headtracker uses a std buddy box wire (Futaba or JR connector, but I can customize to anything). The Jeti uses a proprietary wireless buddy box signal instead. Is there some kind of interface I can use to get my headtracker control into the Jeti? Will Jeti release a way to do this via the USB?
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined May 2010
1,824 Posts
We created page for faster and simpler telemetry overview explanation.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Oct 07, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:05 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,860 Posts
So no buddy box input possible from non jeti source, i guess
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:38 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,943 Posts
The manual describes a trainer setup with another brand of radio being used as the student set, making use of the "wireless trainer communication module made by Jeti". As I understand it, this special module takes the PPM signal from the student set and relays it wirelessly to the Jeti Tx so I would imagine your headtracker could be connected in the same way. Then I suppose it's all down to whether the firmware lets you map these inputs onto the appropriate channels.
Trevorh is offline Find More Posts by Trevorh