SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2011, 08:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
Newb to helis - Just joined RC Groups

Hi everyone. I have been reading posts in the Electric Heli section for a couple of months and I finally joined RC Groups. I started with an Air Hogs almost a year ago. I then got a Syma S026 Micro Chinook (no gyro), and shortly thereafter an S107. The first S107 has been a parts copter for a few months and I'm flying a modded second S107. Love those little things.

A couple of months ago I got a Double Horse 9100, and I must say we had quite a tempestuous beginning. With lots of patience I modded and tweaked it so that it now flies pretty nicely, without spending much money. (The pilot was also tweaked in the process so that he now flies helis a little better!) I'll be posting on the mods I did to my 9100 soon. I have to admit that going from a co-ax to a single rotor was an eye-opener for me.

At this point I know I like flying electric helis and I'll probably be into it for many years. I realize I have a long way to go, but I eventually would like to have a 6Channel CP heli. For now I'm having a blast with my DH9100 and my S107 and S026.

By the way, I have read that some of you are also into astronomy. I'm Ed D in the Cloudy Nights forum.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for all that I have learned from reading your posts. I hope eventually I can also make meaningful contributions.

Eddie D
Eddie D is offline Find More Posts by Eddie D
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2011, 08:33 PM
Blade CP Pro cruncher
United States, SC, Swansea
Joined Oct 2010
205 Posts
Welcome to RCgroups!!!
Helicruncher is offline Find More Posts by Helicruncher
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:42 AM
Joined Jul 2011