Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:33 PM
Account closed
Joined Jan 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
yepp I will, in time....
Sebbe,

YES,YES.YES, throw it down the mountain and hit 400 mph!! You then will be the fastest to a crash and we will get to see the tape @ 11!! I get ya a 6 pak then!! Heck, a case!!

On another note, ordered APC 7x10 and will be using these with a 5S 40C on the HK SK3 motor. Will compare this to a 6S and 6.5x 6.5. I do know that the SK3 on 6S turning a 6.5 x 6.5 was the fastest my FJ has gone!! Right up to the point the bec burned out.

Regards, Tom.
Pilotnx211 is offline Find More Posts by Pilotnx211
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:33 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
markus, cmon man, losen up, I said, I BELIVE you on the speed, but the way you think and measure, then all we need to do is take a day when its blowing like hell, get that funjet more heavy, get it up(yes its tricky), dives as hell, and point some good radargun, maybee 250mph? yes its plasibble if the wind is REALLY HARD... BUT you are missing the point we are trying to make, at least that I am trying to make, that is still a 185-190? mph setup/ultra TRUE speed, so what do I gain by making that strorm/typhoon wind BIG dive @ 230-240mph, but it is still a 185-190mph plane and setup... are you follow what I am trying to say ?

Tell me, where does the "truth" end, I did make a 220mph in my 600watts Turn Left, YES I DID, its in a picture of the gps, I also have a video of it, you cant doppler it as it was to much noise, but who cares ? Is my gps unit faulty ? can you prove it ? it will never end if we claim speeds that are nor real,,, and by real I mean the speed a plane can travel straight without help from wind and dives.. otherwise I can climb a mountain drop my steel plane and record 400mph in the end before it craches, does that makes me the world record holder ??
I think we are making exactely the same point, just from a slightly different angle.

I cant wait for yours to get airborne,
and I believe you too !!
I saw your GPS picture of your left turn @ 600 watts ...................
hows about running a straight and level set of opposite direction passes, maybe you would go WAY past that 356km/hr if you werent turning !! After all, it is a gps unit, and we trust them explecitly, dont we ??
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:32 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
mopar, yes I probably could get my Turn Left faster, running straight

////////////
there is a reason we want that REAL speed, not just on this setup, and the reason has been pointed many times, so we can compare it to other setups, and other planes and so on, as long as the speed was measured the same way = same rules = all will be fine and peace
\\\\\\\\\\\
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:08 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,194 Posts
Friends don't let friends embarrass themselves with 600watts, (or post data with a $39 GPS or a $99 "speedgun"), better to stay on the simulator. Please post some data of you guys following your own rules, till then, I am in the 215mph club, and you are not.......
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Last edited by markusvt; Aug 02, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:07 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
Friends don't let friends embarrass themselves with 600watts, (or post data with a $39 GPS or a $99 "speedgun"), better to stay on the simulator. Please post some data of you guys following your own rules, till then, I am in the 215mph club, and you are not.......
Lets not get too carried away, eh markus ?
I have NEVER posted any data other than straight and level, and I have never posted any speeds unless it was a 2 way opposite direction pass that was dopplered by those 'round here and other threads. I dont post my own speeds untill someone else dopplers it and calls out the speed.

You certainly have made your point, now go make a good dopplerable video so we can all see what your machine will do with a level playing field, unless youre too scared ..??..??
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:07 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,880 Posts
markusvt,

I like to suggest for you to concentrate more on the pitch versus diameter.

You will not need more thrust, the gravity will take care of it for you....just use more down elevator.

Show them how the slacker nation does it.....I have my fingers crossed and pulling for you (everybody is)....love to see 230-240+ MPH.

The guy with the biggest balls will reach the most speed......You have the fastest Funjet ever coming out of a dive together with tail wind.

HOWEVER, you better wait till Sunday!!!!
Sunday, because it will have faster winds in your area....estimated at 16 MPH.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USVT0083:1:US

Don't listen to anyone else, none of them know what they are talking about and are jealous of your setup, they don't know anything, can not fly as good, can not build....and plain envious....yeah that is it, they are all envious....BIG TIME.

Now lets get real.

I think everyone was being civil and fair and at some point you got upset...maybe took something someone said wrong, read it wrong and all went downhill from there. One of your replies was pretty sharp (not in the good sense of the word).

Sebbe has the same setup, so if you think other folks have some other motives.....at least Sebbe is in the clear. So when even he (with same setup as you) says something......it is not to mess with you, or down play your accomplishments etc.
Yes, it was a great accomplishment, one to be proud of.

I thought people were "Honestly" complementing you regarding your comments of diving and tail wind in your posts.....all besides the fact that they likes seeing you go so fast. I did.

If they also suggest a level flight in opposite directions, you can say that you are not comfortable with that....that is the end of it as long as every "occasional" speed claim includes notation of diving and tail wind.

Feel free to count me as an A-hole if my previous interactions with you have been bad. Maybe I donít remember. I actually like you (not that it should matter or make a difference)....yes I did do some teasing on top part of this post.
I think if people were standing next to each other laughing and flying together and debating a little , not even 1/10 of arguments would happen like it does on internet threads.

With Peace and respect,

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:31 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,893 Posts
Hi Guys!...Just one thing from the latest FJU flight of Markus I would comment on is, I'm just tickled the FJU frame can take 200mph+ speeds and maybe even higher without problems...

But ..I would like to see level speed tests...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:07 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Hi Guys!...Just one thing from the latest FJU flight of Markus I would comment on is, I'm just tickled the FJU frame can take 200mph+ speeds and maybe even higher without problems...

But ..I would like to see level speed tests...

Billy
Aww Billy,
That took ONE dive and held up.
I wonder how many dives it would take to rip off an elevon ?
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2011
294 Posts
kayvannouri is offline Find More Posts by kayvannouri
Last edited by kayvannouri; Aug 03, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:53 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Aww Billy,
So True!!!...I'm thinkin of goin with !/2" rebar..I don't want my elevon to rip off......
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:45 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,194 Posts
How many run's did your's take at 215? Wait, you don't have any...... I'll fly her some more and report back, with tape on both sides, and tons of flights on 2 others just like it, I don't expect any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Aww Billy,
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:23 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,854 Posts
I hit 247mph in my Funjet Ultra today. I did it on 3S too.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:56 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
And I believe you.
cjbucher is offline Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:26 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,194 Posts
Cool, and the value of the post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:29 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
How many run's did your's take at 215? Wait, you don't have any...... I'll fly her some more and report back, with tape on both sides, and tons of flights on 2 others just like it, I don't expect any issues.
The main issue is like your Buddy said on your video..."that's Cheating!"..Most speed tests are flat out runs...and I believe that is the Majority Consensus here...Your arrogance and attitude is starting to show your true colors...

Billy