SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2015, 10:40 PM
Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
It had been a long time since I went, the museum was not completed.
This time I didn't get to fly in a Beaver but did take a great ride in an old 1939 Waco Me on the right with a friend
Did ya get up on the top wing Paul and do a Titanic??

HuskyDude is online now Find More Posts by HuskyDude
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2015, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg33 View Post
Are you absolutely, 110% sure that the ez-connector screw is screwed in far enough to properly secure the pushrod? Stated another way, are you sure the pushrod is not sliding back and forth in the connector even though you just tightened it?

I encountered same-sounding problem...I found that at the point where the screw felt tight (against the pushrod), when I powered on and gave Rudder, sure enough the pushrod was surprisingly sliding back and forth through the connector. Had to muscle the screw in just a little farther to get the grip it needed. Zero issue with the ez-connector on the Elevator holding the pushrod.

Now I have what I'm sure is LOTS of Rudder on the high-rate. But my Flaps, now those aren't moving as much as I'd like. At full-flaps it looks more like half-flaps, but I'll save that for another conversation as it's enough for now to proceed with the maiden.
Vg33....my comments quoted in your post referenced the stock set up which led to the float servo mod. No push rod issues with the mod.
IfIHadWings is online now Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by SOB8604
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2014
108 Posts
Brought the beaver along today just in case, didn't really plan on flying it as I was going to foucs on a 1400 warbird, welp when that one's retract's sh*t the bed it was back to the Beaver.

Old faithful, not a dog-fighting rocket ship, but it never fails!
SOB8604 is offline Find More Posts by SOB8604
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by vg33
United States, KY, Vine Grove
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings View Post
Vg33....my comments quoted in your post referenced the stock set up which led to the float servo mod. No push rod issues with the mod.
My bad, just realized I mis-interpreted something of which led to my comments.

Looking to do initial maiden at our club's fly-in tomorrow, either very early or very late in the day. Water-maiden hopefully in 2 weeks, the next time we meet at the local city lake.

The other day after I got the Beav assembled and RTF, only then when I picked it up to move it to another room did I begin thinking about the logistics of handling/moving a 60" wingspan about. Guess it's going to feel even bigger when the floats are on.
vg33 is offline Find More Posts by vg33
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by Jasper3377
Canada, ON, Norfolk County
Joined Feb 2014
88 Posts
Another 8 batteries today. Has become my favorite foresure
Jasper3377 is offline Find More Posts by Jasper3377
Old Today, 01:43 AM
Find More Posts by vg33
United States, KY, Vine Grove
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Meant to ask this sooner before the maiden.

Am I missing something or do the Flaps not go down very far?

At 100% rates and even 150% TravAdj, they look more like half-flaps. Will post a pic soon as I can find my camera.
vg33 is offline Find More Posts by vg33
Old Today, 03:14 AM
Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg33 View Post
Meant to ask this sooner before the maiden.

Am I missing something or do the Flaps not go down very far?

At 100% rates and even 150% TravAdj, they look more like half-flaps. Will post a pic soon as I can find my camera.
That's how they are stock.
Most of us have changed the servo arm or the servo to get more travel.
On mine I even have the aileron to droop down like the full scale, but I needed it for the extra weight of the sound unit.

Still the half flaps will do fine.
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Today, 05:09 AM
Find More Posts by pert
Bermuda, Hamilton
Joined Jan 2013
274 Posts
Working on beaver#3 , I put a servo under fus, for float rudders, I find the stock servo just don't cut it for floats, I put a set of cross wires at the rear to stop flexing, so far I think this is the best rudder setup iv come up with, I tried the way Paul. did his, but had no luck, servo just didn't have the power, I need good rudder floats were I fly, lots of sharp rocky shore line,
pert is online now Find More Posts by pert