HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2005, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5 Posts
Stalling

Hello,

I'm new to this game and recently bought a Losi XX NT from ebay. I'm having a problem as it keeps cutting out after about 2 mins running time and is then difficult to start. If i remove the glow plug and pull the cord a few times and replace the plug it fires up straight away but will die a few minutes latter and I have to start all over again.

Anyone got any ideas???
do_k is offline Find More Posts by do_k
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2005, 02:17 PM
just one person!
utah
Joined May 2005
59 Posts
is ur engine broke in???
Gorge Spencer is offline Find More Posts by Gorge Spencer
Old Oct 08, 2005, 03:05 PM
Wheres my money gone?
Colwyn Bay North Wales
Joined Apr 2005
550 Posts
how does the engine sound when it cuts is it a sudden thing or does the engine sound likes its drowning
Rusted is offline Find More Posts by Rusted
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:19 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5 Posts
Yes engine is broken in. Difficult one to judge if engine is flood seems to do something different everytime. Last time i tried it I seemed to get a bit spluttery and then die. I did the spit test and it bubbled up straight away which i guess could suggest that it is running to lean and overheating.

I did notice that after it had stalled i could hear a hissing noise as if it was leaking pressue.
do_k is offline Find More Posts by do_k
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:33 AM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Generally if the engines are flooding, they die sooner than that... I would suspect it being too lean and overheating. Try opening the needle 1/8 turn if it lasts longer then you are going the correct direction. If it desn't last as long... then you went the wrong way. (but going further too rich won't burn up an engine like going further too lean could)
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771