Old Jul 23, 2014, 01:03 PM
Tail heavy, too much glue.....
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Apr 2009
124 Posts
Discussion
Late to the party

My view of model aircraft has always been balsa wood and nitro fuel,
that is until I purchased a GWS Corsair on a whim. Immediatly after inspecting contents of said kit I realized I really have something here.
My only complaint of the model is that the box it came in did not seem to fit the contents properly.
Shortly after another Corsiar was purchased, and then a stick-F, then a Zero, now I have more GWS kits than I can count with two more on the way as I speak.
I like these products and am now more open to alternatives to the classic balsa and nitro builds.
Unfortunatly I am planning (hoping) to move this summer, and all of my R/C gear has been packed in anticipation. On the back side I will have some great models when I am settled once more.
-Del
delamite is offline Find More Posts by delamite
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2014, 04:36 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,402 Posts
Delamite, don't feel like the lone ranger as I as well have shown up late to the foam and brushless motor party. I cant help but comment on the GWS Corsair. In my eyes it is the quintessential definition of a perfect do it all airframe. The plane will fly very well on 100 watts of power all the way up to who knows what it will take. I have gone as far as 1200 watts and the plane just gets sweeter as I push the envelope. The GWS Corsair in the video weighs 50 ounces and is all battery and motor, the scary part is that the plane wants more

Buy up all of the GWS planes you can while they last

GWS Corsair EF-1 Racing Motor (4 min 30 sec)
semperfi1970 is offline Find More Posts by semperfi1970
Old Jul 24, 2014, 01:09 AM
Tail heavy, too much glue.....
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Apr 2009
124 Posts
that video ................ I'm speechless.

OK, so we know the Corsair is a performer, which other planes are going to be the desired models to hold on too in the GWS line up? Or the most desired should the "wells" dry up?
I am not interested in any of the multi-engine or jet models, but I imagine I will have atleast one of the rest before I am done.

These planes are crazy cheap to get in the air and do not take much time to ready. I also guess each has a fair amount of modding that can be done to suit preference.
delamite is offline Find More Posts by delamite
Old Jul 24, 2014, 06:15 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
I'm sure you two are not late to the party. Most of GWS airplanes are still available at GWS HQ in Taiwan except Formosa, Formosa II, Beaver, Estarter, Pico J3 and P-40. Probably you could find out Estarter, Pico J3 and P-40 from some online stores in states now.

So far we have decided to produce Formosa and Estarter again, but boss has not yet given the priority to them.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,402 Posts
Delamite, I haven't found a bad flying GWS plane as of yet. My list of favorites in order would be as follows. Corsair, AT-6, FW190, Formosa 1, P-40, E-Starter and then the Mustang. The P-40 can take many times more power than one would think possible but the Corsair I believe to be limitless. My next step is to use a geared hotliner motor on a Corsair and be in the 1500 to 2000 watt range. Big wattage is not hard to achieve with high kv motors and tiny props. But doing it with props no smaller than a 8x8 is a real trick in a model this small.

Here is a video of a real nice flying AT-6 and a over powered P-40. I have to add my second attempt at a fast Corsair, it is good for a tad over 100 mph. The orange one in the first video is well over 140 mph.
AT-6 GWS (3 min 4 sec)

GWS Warhawk (1 min 59 sec)

1000 watt GWS Corsair in the cold rain (5 min 7 sec)
semperfi1970 is offline Find More Posts by semperfi1970