SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by johnorama, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 01:11 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
United States, NV, Silver Springs
Joined Mar 2007
1,961 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
For Sale
Battery Caddy for 6S Packs

Here is the Battery Caddy designed specifically for those with BIG batteries. It has up to 10 individual compartments. 4 internal/removable dividers. You can use all, some or none of the dividers to make this fit your needs. Precision cut with a CNC laser. Custom text can be added (on the front panel where the wings are) at no extra charge.

Comes as a kit which glues together. Introductory price of $62 each which includes shipping to U.S. addresses.

NOTE: laser engraved artwork as seen in photos is not included.

Send payment via Paypal to johnorama@gmail.com. Include any custom text to be etched on the sides.
johnorama is offline Find More Posts by johnorama
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2013, 05:45 PM
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Sep 2013
956 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
If these babies were lined with the same material that lipo safe is. I would buy 2
akfreak is online now Find More Posts by akfreak
Old Oct 03, 2013, 08:55 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,116 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Check out the thread that this battery Caddy belongs to. They will look great together in Vegas. Johnorama did this box for my scale Euro build. I have to say when I set eyes on it I was very impressed. The quality is outstanding and the graphics details are really crisp and clear. I loaded 6 x 6s 5000 packs plus 4 x 4S double packs to see how it felt. Nice and balanced and very strong. I love the side pockets so I can now keep my watt meter and flight analyzers with the bats in the pockets. To me its well worth twice the asking price.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...831924&page=44
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Oct 03, 2013, 09:18 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak View Post
If these babies were lined with the same material that lipo safe is. I would buy 2
I can always make one sized to slide into an ammo can. Did you see the smaller one I have for sale? It is sized for a common sized ammo can and will contain any unlikely fires.
Old Oct 04, 2013, 12:21 PM
I need more SWAG!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2012
186 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
A 10 dollar toolbox from harbor freight tools does the same thing... just sayin. Way to pricey for me.
RC30Flyer is offline Find More Posts by RC30Flyer
Old Oct 04, 2013, 08:29 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC30Flyer View Post
A 10 dollar toolbox from harbor freight tools does the same thing... just sayin. Way to pricey for me.
Yes, it is not a cheap item but it's all relative. Understand that this could hold over $2000 worth of batteries so when you look at it like that, it's a good investment to keep your batteries neatly stored and out of the direct sun. There is 2 hours of cutting, not including any artwork, to make this kit.

I would be interested in a URL for a Harbor Freight box that would do the job that this does. Thanks.
Old Oct 04, 2013, 09:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC30Flyer View Post
Like John said. Its all relative. I could buy a $40.00 RC plane from Harbor Freight but it would not look very cool and would be cheap to boot. When you have several thousand invested in a model whats another few bucks to look different and be cool.. Smile
Old Oct 05, 2013, 06:43 AM
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Joined Oct 2003
567 Posts
Trader Rating: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama View Post
Yes, it is not a cheap item but it's all relative. Understand that this could hold over $2000 worth of batteries so when you look at it like that, it's a good investment to keep your batteries neatly stored and out of the direct sun. There is 2 hours of cutting, not including any artwork, to make this kit.

I would be interested in a URL for a Harbor Freight box that would do the job that this does. Thanks.

What's the point of telling the guy it is too expensive for you ?????

You don't like the price DON'T BUY IT!!
viflyer is offline Find More Posts by viflyer
Old Oct 05, 2013, 08:43 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,116 Posts
Whats nice about the compartments is that the leads can be tucked over securing them in transit. This reduces the risk of shorting against another battery if carried in an open box.
Old Oct 05, 2013, 11:58 AM
United States, WA, Marysville
Joined Mar 2002
15 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I LOVE it!

Kudos to "Johorama", I think its a sweet looking unit. This is a example of innovation in the free market. I think that a coat of BVM Heatshield or similar product may give one some piece of mind.

The trouble I have is trying to figure out what I'd like etched on the side of mine, LOL!
b.bixel is online now Find More Posts by b.bixel
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:55 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,116 Posts
I just got back from Aces in Vegas. We test flew the EuroFighter that this box was designed for. The box got a lot of Kudos from all who saw it. It works really well and held 6 x 6S 5000 plus 3 X 4S 3300 packs with ease. This is really good for a small foot print. It was great to have my bats in one place along with my meters to check flight usage etc. b What I really liked is that when moving from one model to the other I just pick up the one caddy that holds everything. Just makes it so much easier to switch from different models. Highly recommended.....

P.S. I was passing through Beaty NV on my way home and purchased an ammo case that this caddy fit inside perfectly. So no more loading and unloading when storing.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:23 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,961 Posts
Is Beatty the town that has the business with a sea of ammo cans on the side of the road?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 01:07 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,116 Posts
Yep.... thousands of them. I would have got a bunch for the lads but I only had thirty bucks cash on me. Well, I was coming back from Vegas....
Old Oct 15, 2013, 02:05 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Joined Mar 2007
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Yep.... thousands of them. I would have got a bunch for the lads but I only had thirty bucks cash on me. Well, I was coming back from Vegas....
And you still had $30? Amazing.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 02:12 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,965 Posts
Trader Rating: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama View Post
And you still had $30? Amazing.
Always tuck gas money in your sock...