SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Jan 2013
44 Posts
Question
heli doesn't roll back in phoenix rc

hi ppl.
I have a problem finding/setting up the same characteristics in phoenix rc as in real life.
in real life, i fly a walkera master cp. this model behavior is very much like a coaxial when it comes to rolls - i move the cyclic left or right, and it would try to stabilize itself back. yes, its not 100% CX heli, it still is cp. but the gyro is damn good and stable. (needless to say Im a newbie and fly in normal mode).

while on phoenix rc, i want to have the same feeling, the only heli that does roll back out of a cyclic command is blade mcx the rest just kind of "stay there in the roll" so if i roll to the right - they keep that direction. also w the trainer helis found out they tend to correct, but not as good as my real life master cp.

i want that in a cp model but dont know what settings to change to get the same effect - tried the tail rotor - gyro type (both heading hold n rate - dont know whats the difference), tried playing w the flybar settings. I made sure i have no channel controlling those settings - does it mean they are working as set, or if no channel controlling it means i can never activate it? should i assign to a keybaord key?

any case - to what this is related to- gyro, tail rotor?

I fly using devo7 w a dongle.

thanks for any help! and sorry for the blast of questions, im just frustrated here
jazzcool is online now Find More Posts by jazzcool
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
44 Posts
since no answer, maybe I'd ask this instead - which is the easiest heli to train on in phoenix rc?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:06 PM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
I think the Master CP has a special self-leveling feature. CP helis will generally NOT self-level like you describe. They'll stay tilted over, and accelerate off in that direction until you roll them back upright. And then you have to roll in the opposite direction to slow them down.

That's normal CP behaviour, especially for flybarless models. Simple flybarred models will usually slowly roll upright, but nowhere near as fast as coaxial models or anything equipped with self-leveling.
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:20 PM
Joined Jan 2013
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcro View Post
I think the Master CP has a special self-leveling feature. CP helis will generally NOT self-level like you describe. They'll stay tilted over, and accelerate off in that direction until you roll them back upright. And then you have to roll in the opposite direction to slow them down.

That's normal CP behaviour, especially for flybarless models. Simple flybarred models will usually slowly roll upright, but nowhere near as fast as coaxial models or anything equipped with self-leveling.
thanks for this clarification.
I found out the larger birds are more stable in the simulator.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Larger helis are more stable in real life as well.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
44 Posts
yes, of course.
which heli in the simulator is most stable? I played with trex500 and it was okay. also the 600 nitro models were good.