HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:25 AM
Just fly the darn wing!!!
Germany, NRW, Herford
Joined Oct 2003
2,210 Posts
Anyone ever tried to build an X-Wing Star Wars type Foamie?

Should be possible i think..... Maybe some of you epp cutters out there should give it a go.
ScYcS is offline Find More Posts by ScYcS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:06 AM
Palm City, FL
Joined Dec 2000
628 Posts
RCModeler magazine did a construction article for a slimer X-Wing not too long after the first movie came out. I believe it used foam wing cores and a standard balsa body and a pusher engine.

Take a look through their plans book and you'll find it.
TimOBrien is offline Find More Posts by TimOBrien
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:52 AM
"Bible Thumper"
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2001
1,924 Posts
I don't know how scale it will be, it will probably have canards, but Mr. Lin(GWSCEO) says he already has one in the works. Personally, I think he should do the Y-wing, I find those much easier than the X and they stay together better. The Y wing is only slightly out of scale and those edf 55's and 64's would be great on a Y-wing.
AMTJIM is offline Find More Posts by AMTJIM
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:54 PM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,857 Posts
X-Wing

The RC Modeler Magazine plane was one of the "Scimitar" series of designs from Bill Evans. The Scimitars basically are tailless flying wings, elevons required, but usually with a fuselage pod. This particular X-Wing was pretty much a biplane. It could probably be reworked somewhat to resemble an X-Wing from Star Wars. The biggest drawback to the original design is that it's a slimer (as mentioned in previous post), but should convert easily to electric if you just start with the basic design.
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old Nov 11, 2003, 01:15 PM
I post, thread dies!
Georgetown, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2003
205 Posts
The RCM plane foamflyer refers to is the Astron 40.

Fun flyer! (BTDT!)

Later!
Chuck...
cwesh is offline Find More Posts by cwesh