HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:46 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,371 Posts
Has anyone looked at the mag readings? Mine deviates when throttle is applied and returns when throttle is shut off. I've relocated all wiring except for ESC DC power distribution to the periphery. I'm thinking it's due to the close proximity to the motors.
Timecop, what do you see on the Naze32's mag?
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
I am trying to do that now but I can not get the bin file to open
You have to

A- Install the drivers

B- Update your Java

C- Download the Arduino software

D- Download the GUI software

E- Run Arduino and modify the file named Multiwii 1 9.pde (You will find this file in the folder that you downloaded with the GUI download) Follow tc3wins tutorial to know what to modify.

F- Save and compile the sketch as per tc3's tutorial.

G- Upload the saved sketch to your board.

H- Run the GUI and calibrate the sensors and the TX.

And of course, you have to have everything plugged in properly or it won't work.

Good luck, man. This is not the easiest board to use for a first build but you'll figure it out.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:43 AM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Feb 2011
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Has anyone looked at the mag readings? Mine deviates when throttle is applied and returns when throttle is shut off. I've relocated all wiring except for ESC DC power distribution to the periphery. I'm thinking it's due to the close proximity to the motors.
I haven't looked specifically at the mag readings, but when I was flying earlier I had mag enabled in stable mode and it seemed to yaw suddenly every now and then as if it was trying to find a new heading. The behavior seemed almost erratic and I don't know if I can explicitly tie that with the throttle input, but something definitely was screwing with it.

All the ground tests showed the mag to be working completely fine, though.
ukarmy04 is offline Find More Posts by ukarmy04
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
I don't usually use mag, but I just hooked it up to the GUI with motors at about 50% throttle at 3S (so quite a bit above hover throttle) and turned the model around 360" while holding it level (flat) and it seemed to be doing OK. The only time I really had trouble with the mag when I placed a 5V buzzer right next to to the board with velcro. Drove the mag readings crazy.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:41 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
130 Posts
Useless post just to subscribe. Yes, I tried using the subscribe button inside the tools option but did not work.

Still waiting for mine in the mail.

Maybe, I do have some input...about the mag sensor. I thought I read something on MultiWiiCopter about covering the sensor. They said foam would not work, and that sunlight and wind effected it. I know different board and different sensor. Of course I cant find it right now, but food for thought.
Chevycruizer is offline Find More Posts by Chevycruizer
Last edited by Chevycruizer; Jun 10, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: sp
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:28 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Does anybody know the stick configuration for multiwii 2.0 to arm the motors
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
130 Posts
Quote:
Does anybody know the stick configuration for multiwii 2.0 to arm the motors
Did it change from version 1.9?

Take your props off, just to be safe...

Arming - Learn to recognise that your WiiCopter is ARMED. Hold right Yaw (or right cyclic) for 1 sec (with throttle down)- you will see the Green LED come on - stays on SOLID
If LED does not come on GREEN - then increase YAW travel on the Tx (see Transmitter Calibration procedure - above top) - or Check the THRO is not actually reversed by mistake (Futaba) - then trim down a few clicks on the THRO trim. If it still won't arm connect FTDI and use the JAVA-Config (see below - install JAVA) to make sure the Throttle PWM is below 1100 (normal THRO range is 1100-1900) - In order to arm - the Wii CPU is looking for THRO and is a valuable guide to trouble-shoot a CPU which won't apparently arm.

MulitWiiCopter Wiki
Chevycruizer is offline Find More Posts by Chevycruizer
Last edited by Chevycruizer; Jun 10, 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: sp
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:16 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycruizer View Post
Did it change from version 1.9?

Take your props off, just to be safe...

Arming - Learn to recognise that your WiiCopter is ARMED. Hold right Yaw (or right cyclic) for 1 sec (with throttle down)- you will see the Green LED come on - stays on SOLID
If LED does not come on GREEN - then increase YAW travel on the Tx (see Transmitter Calibration procedure - above top) - or Check the THRO is not actually reversed by mistake (Futaba) - then trim down a few clicks on the THRO trim. If it still won't arm connect FTDI and use the JAVA-Config (see below - install JAVA) to make sure the Throttle PWM is below 1100 (normal THRO range is 1100-1900) - In order to arm - the Wii CPU is looking for THRO and is a valuable guide to trouble-shoot a CPU which won't apparently arm.

MulitWiiCopter Wiki
Yes I changed from 1.9 to 2.0 I have done all of the above
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:40 PM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Feb 2011
380 Posts
Quote:
Yes I changed from 1.9 to 2.0 I have done all of the above
I too would recommend double checking your endpoints on your radio. I'm not sure which one you are using, but I was using a DX6i and when I first started I could arm the board but couldn't disarm it. I realized that by changing my endpoints for rudder to 125% both ways allowed me to arm and disarm. Just a suggestion, if you haven't already tried it.
ukarmy04 is offline Find More Posts by ukarmy04
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:59 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped me I am flying well hovering but it is a start
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:10 PM
Sushi Chef
United States, CA, Meadow Vista
Joined Jan 2009
384 Posts
Quote:
i would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped me i am flying well hovering but it is a start:d
yeah!
terriwang is offline Find More Posts by terriwang
Last edited by terriwang; Jun 10, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:20 PM
I make quad pieces.
United States, WA
Joined Apr 2012
149 Posts
No one has said anything about the LED issue bobepine had. I have a 3s 1800 pack I was going to fly this with. I also ordered two 3300's. Do I need to cancel the order and get 2s?
Thanks, Earl
EBen63060 is offline Find More Posts by EBen63060
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:21 PM
I make quad pieces.
United States, WA
Joined Apr 2012
149 Posts
I am referring to his first flight video.
EBen63060 is offline Find More Posts by EBen63060
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2011
216 Posts
I am using 3s 20c 2200 and 1500
With LEDs,
No issues yet
jinsing is offline Find More Posts by jinsing
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
I make quad pieces.
United States, WA