HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:40 AM
Mexico
Joined Nov 2005
427 Posts
Discussion
boat project, need to modify a rc system to make it push and pull...

Hello!

I have this Micro Ultrix bi-plane bi-motor (Hobbico)

Now it is all broken but the radio system works fine.

Unfortunately, this toy rc system is not capable of reversing the spin direction of the propellers.

I mean, If I PUSH the throttle, stick, propellers run counterclockwise. If I PULL the stick, propellers still run counterclockwise... It makes sense for an airplane, but I want to make a small boat to play around

Is there any way I can modify this toy rc system to make propellers run clockwise when I pull the throttle stick??

If so, it would be fun to make a small boat that can go forward and backwards...

Thanks all!!!
bambino is offline Find More Posts by bambino
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:57 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Hello!

I have this Micro Ultrix bi-plane bi-motor (Hobbico)

Now it is all broken but the radio system works fine.

Unfortunately, this toy rc system is not capable of reversing the spin direction of the propellers.

I mean, If I PUSH the throttle, stick, propellers run counterclockwise. If I PULL the stick, propellers still run counterclockwise... It makes sense for an airplane, but I want to make a small boat to play around

Is there any way I can modify this toy rc system to make propellers run clockwise when I pull the throttle stick??

If so, it would be fun to make a small boat that can go forward and backwards...

Thanks all!!!
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think that you can reverse a motor like that...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:08 AM
Trolls more than he flys.
USA, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Sep 2009
1,883 Posts
Sorry, but this is not possible. what you would need is a V-Pitch prop. rather than reversing the motor, it reverses the pitch of the prop. here is one of the best ones: http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-29a.html
Gringostr is offline Find More Posts by Gringostr
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:22 AM
The Anti-Heli
Thailand, Bangkok
Joined Dec 2011
16 Posts
Well, there's no easy way to do it but it could possibly be done
If the plane has an extra channel as some rc toys do. (Ones using a common ic) Then you could actuate two double pole double throw relays to reverse the motors when a button is pushed on the transmitter. However most rc planes use more exotic ic's more suited to their exact use to eliminate weight.
ramicaza is offline Find More Posts by ramicaza