SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:17 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
Deen I have used chrome frames in the past but I dont really like the look of them, I think it kind of makes the bike look more like a toy an alloy painted frame or black frame does it for me, plus the chrome does peel off after a while. I have bought about 5 frames 2 of them are chrome, I tend to buy Kyosho bike spares when I see them, have a few boxes of new parts now.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Steve that is what i thought when i have seen pictures of the frames they do look toy-ish and they do look brittle and yeah i love the black frame are they painted or off the newer of the kyosho bike,s ?
and your right to buy as many spares as possible they are not always going to be around
when i finish the build we should have that run we have spoke about before it woul be a pleasure to see some of your hor,s
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
I am sure we will Deen, as to the frames I just paint them satin black, the chrome frames are just as strong as the grey ones, hope your parts turn up soon.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
Re Honda.

Have just purchased a Kyosho Honda.
Why does the front fork move from side to side.
I thought it just leaned the fron forks?????
Newbie.
oldidiot is offline Find More Posts by oldidiot
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
It just moves the weight from one side to the other thats how they steer, the front wheel is free floating.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Hey guys...do any of you use glossy clear paint to seal and "protect" your paint job and decals? I just finished repainting my suzuki hor with the Rizla 2007 motogp livery including decals.

rizal
icedgin is offline Find More Posts by icedgin
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:08 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
I just use a clear plastic vinyl pads where the fairing rubs, all you guys be warned you cant run these bikes and keep them as new, I know sad aint it, but what do you want to do, keep them on the shelf or run them
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:23 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedgin View Post
Hey guys...do any of you use glossy clear paint to seal and "protect" your paint job and decals? I just finished repainting my suzuki hor with the Rizla 2007 motogp livery including decals.

rizal
post some pics
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:24 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
I just use a clear plastic vinyl pads where the fairing rubs, all you guys be warned you cant run these bikes and keep them as new, I know sad aint it, but what do you want to do, keep them on the shelf or run them
run run run i say some of the bike,s stay on the shelf to long i
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
You are right Deen, I ran my kyoshos and Silverlits round my track last night at work, it will probably be last night as they are clearing out the the whole place now and fencing it off, so I wont be able to get in But I had some good times up there over he last 5 years, all my Kyoshos were mint, but now show the signs of running, but can always fix them up, I hope when I lose my track the bikes dont end up on the shelf like so many of my models.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
I intend to run this bike down but I want her to look pretty for her photoshoot before her first run.

I have another second hand suzuki body which I intend to restore to '92 Lucky Strike livery. That might be my shelf queen body or maybe not.

rizal
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Steve sad news your losing your track but im sure you have had loads of fun with your bikes over the years but dont let your bikes become shelf queens
you would need some extra shelving for one
and two they should be run the time you have spent on them it would be a crime to think of your kyosho with custom made frame sitting some where collecting dust
if they ever need liberating from such a fate let me no and i will gladly run them
only joking i no you would never part with them
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:13 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
You guy's need to get together you would have a blast with the hor's & silverlits

I don't mind using them & scratching them as i like repainting them as well & try different paint schemes.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Here she is with a GPV-1. The decals for the Suzi kinda sticks out thats why I wanted to apply a clear glossy finish on her.

rizal
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
a couple pics of the bike before rebuild note it has kyosho race tires and wheels fitted they didnt come with the bike i just fitted to see how they will look while i count down the days for my hop-ups arrive
hey Deen,
make sure to put your riders legs the other way around. It looks like the right leg is on the left and the left leg on the right.

rizal