HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2011, 12:30 AM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Spitfire View Post
My Mosquito is going back to HH. I had a gutful of reciever lock outs, losing bind in-flight and most of all, I only flew it 6 times!!!! If they don't replace it, I am going to the Consumer Services Board and taking action. HH has always stuffed me around, one way or another. My little T-28's reciever shorted when I flew it for the first time. What did they do? You flew it, you replace it! In the end they replaced it, but with my luck, they won't do a thing.
You're right to be pisssed-off. But do not forget that 99% of radio faillures are due to user 'mistakes'/bad handling/lack of knowledge. It's is so easy to imagine the load of complaints HH gets and then the % of claims that simply aren't founded.
Still, I've had only great responses from HH when contacted and of all the companies I've had to complain to, HH is deffinately the most responsive one.
Good luck :-)
Chrizz is offline Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Oxy 0.5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 05:33 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
217 Posts
radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Spitfire View Post
My Mosquito is going back to HH. I had a gutful of reciever lock outs, losing bind in-flight and most of all, I only flew it 6 times!!!! If they don't replace it, I am going to the Consumer Services Board and taking action. HH has always stuffed me around, one way or another. My little T-28's reciever shorted when I flew it for the first time. What did they do? You flew it, you replace it! In the end they replaced it, but with my luck, they won't do a thing.
what radio are you using to fly this plane
kevin finn is offline Find More Posts by kevin finn
Old Jul 06, 2011, 08:09 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin finn View Post
what radio are you using to fly this plane
DX6i, on DSM2.

To add to my trouble's, I got a call from HH, saying the new charger had been sent to my LHS, and upon inspection, its for a UMX Beast! Not buying from HH again, unless they improve on customer support. One more thing they stuff up, I am bringing the Consumer Service's board into it.
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Jul 08, 2011, 01:40 PM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Hello again,
finally I finished repairs of my Mosquito and I have two glitches to ask.
First is, if you can hear any proble in servo move? Because I think it sounds weird
Mosquito servo move (0 min 12 sec)

And then I have maybe bigger problem. Right motor seems to going less smoother, than left in low rpm. In high rpm it seems to go well, because plane is taxiing in straight line, but I ask for your opinion, if it can be flown.
Mosquito engine run (0 min 21 sec)
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:14 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
The servos sound fine, its likely they are making different sounds because of where they are positioned. The slower motor, try adding some lube to it, it will probably loosen it up.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Jul 09, 2011, 03:29 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
And then I have maybe bigger problem. Right motor seems to going less smoother, than left in low rpm. In high rpm it seems to go well, because plane is taxiing in straight line, but I ask for your opinion, if it can be flown.
My (and other's) right motor problem was a bad brick. See much earlier in the thread.
You can replace the motor for a temporary fix. Ultimately, you need a new brick. there were some bad bricks in the early release of the plane.
Lubing will do no good, but can't hurt.
Suggest you call HH support.
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:31 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Ultra micro light kits

SF Design Solutions micro lighting kits are designed for the ParkZone and E-Flite ultra-micro (UMx) F-4U Corsair, T-28 Trojan, P-51 Mustang and Mosquito. Kits are also available for the UMx Beast.

The 1S (3.7-4.2 volt) micro light kit weighs 2.5 grams and and consists of red/green wing-tip navigation lights, blue tail light and white landing light. A red flashing LED tail light is available upon request. The 5-light micro kits (Mosquito and Beast) have an additional (white) landing light. The lights run full time and are powered by the stock 1S battery pack (or 2S for the Beast) . Flight tests have demonstrated 6 to 8 minute flight times at normal power. Installation involves opening the fuselage, routing the wiring harness and taping it to the airframe. The wiring harness plugs directly into the AR6400 X-port and sip power at approximately 10mA per 6 minute flight.

**The Nano-JST plug is only compatible with the AR6400 series combination board and is not compatible with the AR6300**

Prices are $15 shipped for the 4 light kits (F-4U, P-51, T-28) and $18 shipped for the 5 light kits (Beast and Mosquito). Visit www.sf-design-solutions.com for more information. You can also follow a thread on HorizonRcFlyers.com. LCS
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:20 AM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Good day,
I have good news. Yesterday I remaidened my reapaired Mossie and it was succesfull. Itīs still great plane and flies perfect. There is no issue about right engine. Itīs wonderful and I want to thank Parkzone for that plane
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:25 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
SF Design Solutions micro lighting kits are designed for the ParkZone and E-Flite ultra-micro (UMx) F-4U Corsair, T-28 Trojan, P-51 Mustang and Mosquito. Kits are also available for the UMx Beast.

The 1S (3.7-4.2 volt) micro light kit weighs 2.5 grams and and consists of red/green wing-tip navigation lights, blue tail light and white landing light. A red flashing LED tail light is available upon request. The 5-light micro kits (Mosquito and Beast) have an additional (white) landing light. The lights run full time and are powered by the stock 1S battery pack (or 2S for the Beast) . Flight tests have demonstrated 6 to 8 minute flight times at normal power. Installation involves opening the fuselage, routing the wiring harness and taping it to the airframe. The wiring harness plugs directly into the AR6400 X-port and sip power at approximately 10mA per 6 minute flight.

**The Nano-JST plug is only compatible with the AR6400 series combination board and is not compatible with the AR6300**

Prices are $15 shipped for the 4 light kits (F-4U, P-51, T-28) and $18 shipped for the 5 light kits (Beast and Mosquito). Visit www.sf-design-solutions.com for more information. You can also follow a thread on HorizonRcFlyers.com. LCS
Any pics or video of the Mossy or Corsair with lights?
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:54 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
UMx Light Kit Pix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
Any pics or video of the Mossy or Corsair with lights?
Yes. Pix of all A/C are located on my website - www.sf-design-solutions.com

There is also a short video of the T-28 in-flight, and both the T-28 and F-4U on deck (day/night).

LCS
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:27 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
Hello again,
finally I finished repairs of my Mosquito and I have two glitches to ask.
First is, if you can hear any proble in servo move? Because I think it sounds weird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE5dGQWFM6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codg8cYRTm8
Mine has the same problem. the left motor sticks and I have to turn the prop by hand. Its back at my LHS having the motor replaced.
Common problem I have been told

Very Annoying since my ultra micro P51 did the same thing.

crap motors.
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:11 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
784 Posts
im just waiting for my mosquito to arrive and have a quick question.
is the battery connection that same as other pz um aircraft? i have some 190mah miniaviation batts and wondered if i would be able to use them? i saw a video on youtube where they guy said the battery was unique to the model and then went into ways of using other batterys.
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Jul 13, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Chris - the battery connectors are the same as in PZ UM planes - the battery is only unique for this plane because of its capacity.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:21 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
784 Posts
ok thats cool. 190mah should give me ok flight times tho? right?
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
probably only 4 or 5 minutes, the stock battery is 250mAh and gives 7-8 minutes.