SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
Look Up!
gewiens's Avatar
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKopter View Post
It will fly just fine on that power system. I flew mine for the longest time on 6S propped for about 1500 watts. Set it up with decent batteries and prop it to the motors potential (1800 watts per HK) and she will fly great.
I guess it depends what type of flying you want to do.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:29 AM
Registered User
Branford, Florida
Joined Jun 2010
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
I guess it depends what type of flying you want to do.

True to a point but given an AUW of around 9lbs, 1800watts gives you 200watts per lb of performance. I would consider this more than average in power and most certainly not lacking by any means especially when you consider this is not a 3D type of plane.
ACKopter is offline Find More Posts by ACKopter
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:34 AM
Look Up!
gewiens's Avatar
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
I'm all about speed so yup, sticking with my first thought. Should be pullin at least 2200watts for a little more thrill factor. 1800 will fly the plane no problem though.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Last edited by gewiens; Feb 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:24 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Fort Pierce
Joined Jan 2007
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKopter View Post
True to a point but given an AUW of around 9lbs, 1800watts gives you 200watts per lb of performance. I would consider this more than average in power and most certainly not lacking by any means especially when you consider this is not a 3D type of plane.
I'm really impressed that todays 6s high C lipos can put out up to 1800watts with the right prop. 200 watts per lb is more than adequate - even for 3d.

Thanks for the responses. Gewiens - why don't post a video of your 2200 watts version? I'd appreciate u sharing your hot rod version with us.
truevine77 is offline Find More Posts by truevine77
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
Look Up!
gewiens's Avatar
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by truevine77 View Post
I'm really impressed that todays 6s high C lipos can put out up to 1800watts with the right prop. 200 watts per lb is more than adequate - even for 3d.

Thanks for the responses. Gewiens - why don't post a video of your 2200 watts version? I'd appreciate u sharing your hot rod version with us.
Ha, Ya. When i get this bird i'll show you. Gonna be built for speed for sure. I've got the 40 size right now and putting 1850 to it so i'll be going bigger on this. I had figured at first i would put in a 20cc gasoline engine but will stick to e power.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:07 PM
Registered User
Macungie, PA
Joined Dec 2004
194 Posts
I maidened my Revolver recently and all went well. The setup is Hyperion Zs4025 10, 5000mAh 6 cell and 15x7 prop. The static values were approx 90A and 1800W. The plane is fairly heavy 9.5lb on my not very accuarate scales. The plane flew really well and I'm pleased with the setup. The system can run on 8 cells and after some more flights I can reduce the prop dia and increase the pitch to make it go faster. It was pretty quick with the current configuration but was not ripping. I would say a good aerobatic sport plane. Like other guys the plane did land pretty fast and fortunately our flying field has good length but I did need it all. The plane did hit a bump on the grass runway and bounced a few feet and then landed square on the wheels - whew. I did reinforce the undercarriage mounting system and it held up well even with this heavy setup. Overall it is a nice flying plane with no bad habits (so far) and I look forward to many more flights now that the stress of the maiden is out of the way.
djcb is offline Find More Posts by djcb
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
I just picked up an OS 1.20 4 strokeand was thinking of putting it in a revolver. It's about 10 oz heavier than the .95AX. Too heavy?
Skip_ is offline Find More Posts by Skip_
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:37 PM
Registered User
Branford, Florida
Joined Jun 2010
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcb View Post
I maidened my Revolver recently and all went well.
Like other guys the plane did land pretty fast and fortunately our flying field has good length but I did need it all. The plane did hit a bump on the grass runway and bounced a few feet and then landed square on the wheels - whew. I did reinforce the undercarriage mounting system and it held up well even with this heavy setup.
Program spoilerons and it will make your landings much shorter. It increases the sink rate considerably and once the mains touch down they will stay down. I was bouncing nearly all my landings till I did this.
ACKopter is offline Find More Posts by ACKopter
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:15 AM
3d Master in Training
United States, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
how do u go about programmaing spoilerons? Using a DX8
garrettt04s is offline Find More Posts by garrettt04s
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:03 AM
Registered User
P Farley's Avatar
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Aug 2006
161 Posts
...and by spoilerons do you mean up or down on the ailerons? Thank you.
P Farley is offline Find More Posts by P Farley
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:03 PM
Registered User
Sandy Springs, GA
Joined Jul 2008
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Farley View Post
...and by spoilerons do you mean up or down on the ailerons? Thank you.
Spoilerons reflex both the ailerons up 30-40%. Depending on the plane, some mix of up/down elevator may be necessary.

Bruce
landeck is offline Find More Posts by landeck
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:44 PM
Registered User
Branford, Florida
Joined Jun 2010
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettt04s View Post
how do u go about programmaing spoilerons? Using a DX8
Not sure on the 8, I have a DX-7 and its done in the flap or flaperon menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Farley View Post
...and by spoilerons do you mean up or down on the ailerons? Thank you.
Up on both as landeck describes above
ACKopter is offline Find More Posts by ACKopter
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
MrDo's Avatar
Kingdom of Sweden
Joined Nov 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcb View Post
I maidened my Revolver recently and all went well. The setup is Hyperion Zs4025 10, 5000mAh 6 cell and 15x7 prop. The static values were approx 90A and 1800W. The plane is fairly heavy 9.5lb on my not very accuarate scales. The plane flew really well and I'm pleased with the setup. The system can run on 8 cells and after some more flights I can reduce the prop dia and increase the pitch to make it go faster. It was pretty quick with the current configuration but was not ripping. I would say a good aerobatic sport plane. Like other guys the plane did land pretty fast and fortunately our flying field has good length but I did need it all. The plane did hit a bump on the grass runway and bounced a few feet and then landed square on the wheels - whew. I did reinforce the undercarriage mounting system and it held up well even with this heavy setup. Overall it is a nice flying plane with no bad habits (so far) and I look forward to many more flights now that the stress of the maiden is out of the way.
What speed are you expected?
MrDo is online now Find More Posts by MrDo
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
3d Master in Training
United States, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I went with the 50-55 580kv 2000watt motor from HK Here is the prop data

Prop Test Data:
14x8 - 14.8V / 587W / 40.3A / 2.9kg thrust
14x8 - 18.5V / 1077W / 60.7A / 4.03kg thrust
14x8 - 22.2V / 1906W / 88.2A / 5.36kg thrust
15x8 - 14.8V / 626W / 43.6A / 3.3kg thrust
15x8 - 18.5V / 1165W / 64.2A / 4.85kg thrust
15x8 - 22.2V / 1961W / 88.8A / 6.15kg thrust

I plan on using the 15x8 prop with a 6s 5000mah pack. Whats everyones opinion on this setup?
garrettt04s is offline Find More Posts by garrettt04s
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
revolver 70 and webra engine

Hey there,
I have a webra speed 61 engine with tune pipe and am wondering if it would be appropriate for the revolver 70...it seems like some guys are putting pretty big engines in her....thanks.
ludwig borg is offline Find More Posts by ludwig borg
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Great Planes Revolver GP/EP Sport Aerobatic ARF Review kevin Sport Planes 598 Sep 17, 2014 12:26 PM
For Sale (slightly used...) Great Planes Revolver and Freestyle Rush. cargomaster Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 19 Oct 02, 2010 05:16 PM
For Sale Great Planes Revolver .46-.70 NIB - $140. ptuxbury Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Dec 09, 2009 07:15 PM
Sold NIB Great Planes 70" Revolver ARF RCForever Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Dec 09, 2009 04:35 PM
Sold Great Planes Revolver Fidelity101 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 13, 2009 08:05 PM