HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:08 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,376 Posts
Yes, the 3536-6 and 3542 both do it with ESCs from Castle, Mystery, and Suppo with multiple settings.

I thought they may be over propped but even with smaller props they do the same.

Add to that the fact that the small A2204 does the stuttering thing with multiple ESCs too makes me wonder enough about their motors that I don't want to buy more.
mt_100 is online now Find More Posts by mt_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:04 AM
Joined Nov 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
just tried it and its working on firefox for me
yeh i know that , it not because of web browser , this problem maybe due to the web site been block either from my country or china it self , that why you don't have problem , my country and china have no issue so it maybe some of the web site contents may make it been block , that why i post here so they can check on it .
presa1200 is offline Find More Posts by presa1200
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:15 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
Yes, the 3536-6 and 3542 both do it with ESCs from Castle, Mystery, and Suppo with multiple settings.

I thought they may be over propped but even with smaller props they do the same.

Add to that the fact that the small A2204 does the stuttering thing with multiple ESCs too makes me wonder enough about their motors that I don't want to buy more.
I certainly do not want to discount the issues you are having, but I have used RCT motors with Castle, Suppo, HK Supersimple, and Rctimer speed controllers without any of issues that you are experiencing. I have purchased ~15 motors from them.

I have not purchased the 3536-6 or 3542 motors that you mentioned, but the screeching you describe does sound like a timing issue. Yes, I know you have already evaluated the timing issue. I would try all timing settings (usually 3), not just the obvious ones. With that said, if you kept on running the motors to the point of screeching over and over, you will probably have ruined them (or the esc) by this point. I have seen it happen with other motors and timing screeches.

In my experience, except on 1 order that I placed, the motors seem to be assembled and wound nicely. I have had one motor lock up due to a magnet slip, but other than that, all motors are still running.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Last edited by Bombay; Jul 19, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 01:43 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Send photo of what?
I don't own that motor, it's a new product, somewhat unique, personaly I never seen such approach.
The request wasn't for my personal purpose, was a suggestion for you to add such motor to your product line, I am sure that the multirotor copters community will be very interested if such motor can be issued at rctimers level of quality and price.
I don't have more info than what can be seen in that page.
Thanks for your suggestion, i will report it to our engineer.
Thanks again.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:29 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Nina, have you or Frank been monitoring this thread lately? Read back a few post and you'll find several posters are having warranty issues with motors and/or esc's they purchased from you. I suggest you have Frank read and respond to those posts, you are losing customers due to quality control issues with those motors and esc's; perhaps it's time to investigate and attempt to resolve their problems without them having to go to the extreme expense of sending the defective products back to you. Perhaps you should consider covering the return postage for the customer; they would stick with you and not go elsewhere if you did. Just sayin....

Sonny (Bassglider on RCT)
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:44 AM
Russian Federation, MO, Podolsk
Joined Dec 2010
190 Posts
Hello to All.
Could you please help me with one question!
Can i use this motor mount "New Type 2830 Motor mounts MA-02"(http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=)
with this motor "2830-14 750KV Outrunner Brushless Motor Free Mounts"
(http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...3&productname=).
Or i need use the same motor but without shaft?
Thank you very much for help!
rinatka7 is offline Find More Posts by rinatka7
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:52 AM
I have no friends
Joined Dec 1996
3,376 Posts
Starting to look like RC Timer's service is heading the same way as most other Chinese vendors and vanishing.

I never received a response to the email saying they would check with a manager about sending a new one without me paying $11 to return a $22 motor. No response to follow up emails either.

Their responses in this thread are few and far between as well.

Don't get me wrong, they still are a vendor with great prices and in some cases free shipping so they have a place. But if there are problems and their service is just as bad as others, then it's the same gamble.

I won't be buying any more motors from them at all, or ESC.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:44 PM
San Juan
Joined Sep 2005
80 Posts
I order 3 speed controllers from Rctimer. When they arrived two of the controllers where defective with intermitent power to motors and the third one burnt in the first use, under normal condition. I send e-mail explaning the situation and they told me that when they received the items the send back another one for replacement including a previusly defective motor the I also send for replacement.

I send the controllers more than month and a half ago and the motor more than 2 month ago, to the address that they provided. I have been e-mailing them for information with no response, as they must have received the items already. I also posted with my account at their web site with no response. I have bought more than $400.00 from Rctimer. They should give far better attetion for their customers. If I dont get a response, it will be the last time .
Billimont is offline Find More Posts by Billimont
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:49 PM
I have no friends
Joined Dec 1996
3,376 Posts
That is another complaint, the return shipping is unreliable and takes forever. Not worth the hassle to me, too many other vendors.

I find it odd that out of 40+ motors I have that have never had problems the only ones with problems are all from them.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:53 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Nina, have you or Frank been monitoring this thread lately? Read back a few post and you'll find several posters are having warranty issues with motors and/or esc's they purchased from you. I suggest you have Frank read and respond to those posts, you are losing customers due to quality control issues with those motors and esc's; perhaps it's time to investigate and attempt to resolve their problems without them having to go to the extreme expense of sending the defective products back to you. Perhaps you should consider covering the return postage for the customer; they would stick with you and not go elsewhere if you did. Just sayin....

Sonny (Bassglider on RCT)
Dear Sonny,

Sorry for the delay reply, our rule is: if the items have any quality problem within 3 months, we will resend it for free, if it over 3 months, we suggest the customers return them to us, then we will resend them for free.
we just want to check the question, if we resend the items to to customers, it will spend us two shipping fee and two costs, hope the customers can understand us.
In fact, many customers bought the items more than one year, when we received the return items, we have resent the new ones to them.
We will try our best to satisfy every customer.
Thanks for your time.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:59 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinatka7 View Post
Hello to All.
Could you please help me with one question!
Can i use this motor mount "New Type 2830 Motor mounts MA-02"(http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=)
with this motor "2830-14 750KV Outrunner Brushless Motor Free Mounts"
(http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...3&productname=).
Or i need use the same motor but without shaft?
Thank you very much for help!
Hi rinatka7,

Sorry for the delay reply, we suggest you can check our new motor: 2830-14-50cm cables, that motor with the new mount MA-02, and the shaft is cut. or you can choose the short shaft 3.17x30.8, then you can change the shaft yourself, if you have any question you can feel free to contact us.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:01 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
Starting to look like RC Timer's service is heading the same way as most other Chinese vendors and vanishing.

I never received a response to the email saying they would check with a manager about sending a new one without me paying $11 to return a $22 motor. No response to follow up emails either.

Their responses in this thread are few and far between as well.

Don't get me wrong, they still are a vendor with great prices and in some cases free shipping so they have a place. But if there are problems and their service is just as bad as others, then it's the same gamble.

I won't be buying any more motors from them at all, or ESC.
Dear mt_100,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, as you have bought it on March, it is too long to change a new one for free, we suggest you can return it to us, or we will provide you a discount for your next order, thanks for your time.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:03 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billimont View Post
I order 3 speed controllers from Rctimer. When they arrived two of the controllers where defective with intermitent power to motors and the third one burnt in the first use, under normal condition. I send e-mail explaning the situation and they told me that when they received the items the send back another one for replacement including a previusly defective motor the I also send for replacement.

I send the controllers more than month and a half ago and the motor more than 2 month ago, to the address that they provided. I have been e-mailing them for information with no response, as they must have received the items already. I also posted with my account at their web site with no response. I have bought more than $400.00 from Rctimer. They should give far better attetion for their customers. If I dont get a response, it will be the last time .
Dear Billimont,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, we havn't received them, we are honest do business with you, we can resend them to you at first, hope you can send your address to: rctimer@gmail.com, thanks for your time.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 05, 2011, 05:16 PM
San Juan
Joined Sep 2005
80 Posts
I sent you a private message with my address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Billimont,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, we havn't received them, we are honest do business with you, we can resend them to you at first, hope you can send your address to: rctimer@gmail.com, thanks for your time.

Nina
Billimont is offline Find More Posts by Billimont
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:55 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
After I had trouble with one rctimer esc on my twinstar I bought another one and now it works..
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev