SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
940 Posts
Discussion
What is the best K-BAR?

Seems that there are several models/versions of K_BAR... what is the latest and best? Also, do you need the programmer, or can you program via PC?
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2015, 02:32 PM
Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
Seems that there are several models/versions of K_BAR... what is the latest and best? Also, do you need the programmer, or can you program via PC?
the yellow mini
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Mar 10, 2015, 02:42 PM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
940 Posts
Is that the first or the second one in the attachment above, or is it a different one? What are the differences between the ones in the attachment above?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 03:59 PM
Joined Aug 2009
912 Posts
Quote:
Is that the first or the second one in the attachment above, or is it a different one? What are the differences between the ones in the attachment above?
the first one is the mini for 450 to 700 size the second one is the full size used on nitros and 6 to 700 size the blue ones are old versions
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for asking this. I have been wondering the same thing for a while, as I prepare to build my Forza. I see lots of references to the blue, but don't know the differences between the various colors and types. They all seem like fireworks hazard warnings: "danger, emits showers of sparks", doesn't really describe what is inside

So what are the differences between the blue and the gold?
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:33 PM
Joined Aug 2009
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
Thanks for asking this. I have been wondering the same thing for a while, as I prepare to build my Forza. I see lots of references to the blue, but don't know the differences between the various colors and types. They all seem like fireworks hazard warnings: "danger, emits showers of sparks", doesn't really describe what is inside

the blue and gold are the same accept the gold lights up a pretty green color and also the blue is the older case type different maker does not light up
Old Mar 11, 2015, 04:38 AM
Find More Posts by PaulB
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post

Steve,

You forgot the GV 8000 (black case).

Not the expert here but as I understand it the differences are:
3 X single mems sensors or 1 X three way mems sensor
vertical/ horizontal mounting option
governor support

I THINK that the yellow and black have one of the sensor configurations and blue the other, don’t know what the new large (2 boxes) yellow one has and I can’t remember which is which. I do recall that ‘theoretically’ the yellow/ black should be better but no-one is reporting that they can tell the difference when flying (I have had both and I certainly couldn’t).

The yellow (small) and the new version of yellow ‘big’ have the option to mount the unit vertically whereas the blue and black must be mounted horizontally.

The blue and the ‘big’ yellow have governor support. It has been reported that people have had the governor working on the small yellow one but if I were you and wanted governor I would go for the blue or big yellow to be sure.

Apart from that you also have lights that flash, stay on or just don’t do anything……..

I hope that this helps,

Paul
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Mar 11, 2015, 05:26 AM
Find More Posts by Hexperience
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,173 Posts
The yellow small does not have governor function if I remember correctly. From what I understand the gv8000 is the best.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:18 AM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
940 Posts
GV8000? I can't seem to find that one... anyone got a link?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:36 AM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
940 Posts
Just found a good thread over here--> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2223842
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
2,164 Posts
I just researched this last month. There are reports that the blue ones had issues if the outside temperature was high. Being in Florida, this concerned me. The extra expense for the GV8000 Fly Wizard appears to be unwarranted. I am installing a gold mini on my Tarot 450 build. Programming is done via the PC. Tutorials are available on YouTube.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is online now Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Last edited by Florida Heli; Mar 11, 2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:25 AM
Joined Aug 2009
912 Posts
the yellow does have gov support i have the small yellow and the full size yellow
the 2 piece yellow 1 box is the gyro sensor and the 2nd unit stores some electronics

i have programmed 6 kbars yellow
full size Kbar rc helicopter gyro and FrSky Futaba FASST s.bus rx (0 min 35 sec)

since i dont have a gov sensor i disabled gov
wc kbar gyro setup video (24 min 25 sec)
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,439 Posts
I have a project heli Exi Carbo pro and want to go FBL. I have been told H/K has clone T-rex unit that will work. Plus think align unit or trot will also work. I like satelite RX's. I may go for the gold unit with satelite. I have kit/ motor/ esc/ m/g Solar servos. I just looking to achive a decent flyer and working syastem.
Since i have this might as well get service from it.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by Hexperience
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Heli View Post
I just researched this last month. There are reports that the blue ones had issues if the outside temperature was high. Being in Florida, this concerned me. The extra expense for the GV8000 Fly Wizard appears to be unwarranted. I am installing a gold mini on my Tarot 450 build. Programming is done via the PC. Tutorials are available on YouTube.

-Florida Heli-
The GV8000 has the same sensors as the V-Bar, it's the "best" clone in terms of hardware clones. That doesn't mean that the gold or yellow or fubar or any others won't fly just as well, but I'm going to buy a clone I'd get the one with the same hardware inside. Again, it's just personal opinion.

I know that at one point the yellow one did not have the ability to use the governor mode... maybe it's changed since then.

The problem is that any of the clone manufactures can make them in any color they want and there is no guaranty you'll get "good" sensors and/or all the functions. Even if you buy from a know reputable seller, you still take your chances a little.

I had a fu-bar, and still have a blue and grey k-bar. (grey has no governor for sure). They fly well enough and I use them on small/mid size helis for practice machines.

My 700 gasser has a CGY750 and my 600e DFC has a BeastX Pro, would I trust a k-bar on those? Aaaaahhhhh maybe, kinda not really.... Are the name brands really that much better in quality control? Aaaaahhhhh maybe, kinda not really...
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Mar 11, 2015, 01:03 PM
Joined Aug 2009
912 Posts
kbar also has all this

the gv8000 looks nice good quality but the kbar has all the goodies

iCard Program Card for 5.34pro VBAR KBAR K-BAR K8 GV8000 (2 min 19 sec)

and

kbar bluetooth manual instructions how to vbar trex 700 HV (4 min 19 sec)

wc kbar gyro setup video (24 min 25 sec)

kbar auto trim how to hover and setup (9 min 47 sec)

rc helicopter HK450 kbar gyro tuning stick time in california weathher (6 min 3 sec)