New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2015, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by Citationfxr
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined May 2012
146 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen so much interest in a discontinued product! Its mentioned on this page that the Glamis Fear (in production, far as I know) shares all the same running gear with the Uno, so we should be good with parts for some time. I'm going to run the heck out of mine, actually charging batts now so my son can run with a buddy in a little while.

Chuck makes a good point about buying an extra shell, maybe we could keep this thread alive by making a list of components NOT shared with the Glamis Fear. We must be kindred spirits here as I often like products which are unique, function well, and are discontinued because they're not "best sellers". I bought an HPI Mini Trophy... discontinued, drive a 99 Dodge Dakota... Dakota line discontinued, it goes on and on.
Citationfxr is offline Find More Posts by Citationfxr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2015, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by North_of_49
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
8,782 Posts
I have a question for LOSIFIEND when he returns to the forum regarding my newly purchased Glamis Fear and the Robinson Halix spur mod. (check your pm's )
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2015, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by Citationfxr
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined May 2012
146 Posts
I was out running with my son and stripped the spur gear, went to Horizon to order another and saw that the Glamis Fear is now discontinued. I'll continue to run my Uno until parts are depleted but what a bummer, was really hoping the Fear stayed in production so that critical parts would remain available a little longer.

Oh well, I've been eyeing the Axial Yeti XL and they seem to offer products popular enough to remain in production and generate a huge aftermarket selection. Buggies must be for us old guys who started in the 80's with Hornets, RC-10's, Losi, etc.
Citationfxr is offline Find More Posts by Citationfxr
Old Feb 28, 2015, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by SD One.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,502 Posts
It certainly makes it difficult to recommend Vaterra to anyone when their cars have such short production runs and so few aftermarket options. TIme to stock up on whatever parts remain out there.

Kalahari, Kemora, Glamis Uno and Fear. All gone in the past 2 years.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Mar 01, 2015, 12:15 AM
Find More Posts by North_of_49
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
8,782 Posts
When I bought my Glamis Fear around xmas time from my LHS, it was already showing as "This item is no longer available" on Horizon's site ... it then was showing available again at some point between then and now. It may very well be discontinued permanently this time but you can't know that for sure based on mentioned status... I've seen that status flip flop before on other items as well.

Citationfxr,
I bought the Yeti (non XL) around the same time... it's on my blog
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2015, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by Knight Owl
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2013
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citationfxr View Post
I was out running with my son and stripped the spur gear, went to Horizon to order another and saw that the Glamis Fear is now discontinued. I'll continue to run my Uno until parts are depleted but what a bummer, was really hoping the Fear stayed in production so that critical parts would remain available a little longer.
Thanks for the warning. In that case, I'll add a few more spare parts to my next Horizon order.
Knight Owl is offline Find More Posts by Knight Owl
Old Mar 23, 2015, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by Oceansun
Joined Mar 2012
49 Posts
For the die-hard Uno owners out there, I'm selling an extra buggy that I purchased with all of the original components on EBay. This is a great opportunity to get it while you can!! I wouldn't be selling it but this is my spare & I have plenty of extra parts. However, if you need extra brand new parts, this is a. great deal.

Thanks,
Oceansun is offline Find More Posts by Oceansun
Last edited by Oceansun; Mar 23, 2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Spelling :-)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 09:10 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,502 Posts
Cool deal. I see a couple on auction for $52 and $50. Is it one of those?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by Oceansun
Joined Mar 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Cool deal. I see a couple on auction for $52 and $50. Is it one of those?
Hi, yes it is, bidding starting at $50 reserve is 200 which I think is very reasonable with everything listed in new condition... What do you guys think??
Oceansun is offline Find More Posts by Oceansun
Old Mar 24, 2015, 03:10 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,502 Posts
It's very reasonable, especially when compared to the new one listed for the original selling price of $439!!!