New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2015, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by THE BLACKBIRD
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Hi im new to F3A and im just ordering the MythoS 125 for a crack at it, I have read the thread from start to here and I will go with the A60-7xs and 2 x 4s lipos,
But I will not touch a CC ESCs ever again, having spent two years and a chunk of money scratch building a scale SR71 for 2 x 120mm ducted fans with 2 x CC 160A ice ESCs
For it to go up in flames as one of the escs let go, and this was on the taxi out to take off on its maiden flight everything destroyed
So it will be a jeti for me, never used them before but I want to get it right this time
Brilliant thread this one, a credit to all who have contributed
Thank you
Tony
THE BLACKBIRD is offline Find More Posts by THE BLACKBIRD
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2015, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by Guerins
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Hello guys,

I have difficulties to get the recommended throws for all the control surfaces. I'm far away from the 40 degrees that Sebart recommends. I'm running Savoy servos. What shall I do to get to the 40 degrees? Shall I use longer servo arms? for the time being on the Ailerons I have 16mm hole to hole on the servo arms.

I've entered the servos and put the arms at 90 degrees but I don't get symmetric up/down movement, shall I adjust them from the transmitter? or shall I adjust the servo arm moving it around the 90 degrees to get symmetric throws?

All your answers will be very much appreciated!
Guerins is offline Find More Posts by Guerins
Old May 16, 2015, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
10,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerins View Post
Hello guys,

I have difficulties to get the recommended throws for all the control surfaces. I'm far away from the 40 degrees that Sebart recommends. I'm running Savoy servos. What shall I do to get to the 40 degrees? Shall I use longer servo arms? for the time being on the Ailerons I have 16mm hole to hole on the servo arms.

I've entered the servos and put the arms at 90 degrees but I don't get symmetric up/down movement, shall I adjust them from the transmitter? or shall I adjust the servo arm moving it around the 90 degrees to get symmetric throws?

All your answers will be very much appreciated!
Those throws aren't required IMO, I never fly on anything other than low rates...

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
Old May 16, 2015, 10:23 AM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Those throws aren't required IMO, I never fly on anything other than low rates...

Jack
Thanks for your opinion Jack. I'm flying with low rates as well but the only reason why I'm looking to get the recommended throws is because I'm new on pattern flying and I want to use also the "low rates" that Sebart recommends that don't work if you have a lower throw at 100%.

what's your setup?
Old May 16, 2015, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
10,118 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion Jack. I'm flying with low rates as well but the only reason why I'm looking to get the recommended throws is because I'm new on pattern flying and I want to use also the "low rates" that Sebart recommends that don't work if you have a lower throw at 100%.

what's your setup?
I don't even know what Seba recommends, mine are;

L, M, H
Ele 3/8", 5/8", 7/8"
Rud 5/8", 7/8", 1 3/8"
Ail 3/8", 5/8", 7/8"

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
Old May 16, 2015, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by juliant
Julian T
Fleet, UK
Joined Jun 2005
604 Posts
Jack's throws sound spot on to me. 40 degrees is stupid high for an F3A model flying F3A except for snap manoeuvres. Everything else can be flown on low throws and will present better for it - even if your name is Silvestri!

Julian
juliant is offline Find More Posts by juliant
Old May 16, 2015, 04:52 PM
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliant View Post
Jack's throws sound spot on to me. 40 degrees is stupid high for an F3A model flying F3A except for snap manoeuvres. Everything else can be flown on low throws and will present better for it - even if your name is Silvestri!

Julian
Julian in fact the recommended setup calls for D/R 30% for general flying with 20 % expo and D/R 100% with 90% expo for spin and snap rolls.
Old May 16, 2015, 05:27 PM
ltc
Find More Posts by ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
3,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BLACKBIRD View Post
Hi im new to F3A and im just ordering the MythoS 125 for a crack at it, I have read the thread from start to here and I will go with the A60-7xs and 2 x 4s lipos,
But I will not touch a CC ESCs ever again, having spent two years and a chunk of money scratch building a scale SR71 for 2 x 120mm ducted fans with 2 x CC 160A ice ESCs
For it to go up in flames as one of the escs let go, and this was on the taxi out to take off on its maiden flight everything destroyed
So it will be a jeti for me, never used them before but I want to get it right this time
Brilliant thread this one, a credit to all who have contributed
Thank you
Tony
Welcome to pattern flying !
I too won't use anything from Castle, in anything I fly
The Jeti Mezon is always my 1st choice (the realtime telemetry with my Jeti radio is phenomenal)
If not a Mezon, then a SpinPro
Get a Jetibox which makes setup a breeze
Best of luck with the Mythos (I'm waiting on the 30 size to come out later this year)
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2015, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by juliant
Julian T
Fleet, UK
Joined Jun 2005
604 Posts
Quote:
Julian in fact the recommended setup calls for D/R 30% for general flying with 20 % expo and D/R 100% with 90% expo for spin and snap rolls.
I think quoting throws as %ages is pretty pointless imho. Quoting throws in degrees or deflection at trailing edge is on the other hand pretty useful. Expo is very personal - what suits Silvestri is unlikely to suit me given our relative abilities! I more or less know pretty well before I fly a model such as this roughly how much throw I will want for which manoeuvres. The fine tuning comes with quite a lot of flights.
juliant is offline Find More Posts by juliant