to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2015, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by webravager
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duworm View Post
Sport Fans,

Attached is the greatly revised Guide and Template for the DX18 G2 for a six servo sailplane. This guide and template will also work on the DX9 and DX6.

If you spot any issues please PM me and I can clean them up in the next version.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane.

WARNING - I HAVE TEMPORARILY REMOVED THE .SPM FILE AND GUIDE FROM THIS LINK http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=dx18+sailplan FOUND AT PAGE 168. FOR UNKNOWN REASONS THE .SPM FILE WAS CORRUPTED. THE FILE NAME OF THE CORRUPTED FILE IS "SAILPLANE 2AL 2FL V4.0" OR ENDING IN VER. 4.1. Copies of the .SPM files found on other sites are mostly legitimate and uncorrupted. Both the legitimate and corrupted files work, the corrupted one has some programming difficulties with flaps.

THERE ARE THREE METHODS TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE A CORRUPTED VERSION:
1. THE CORRUPTED FILES HAVE VALUES BETWEEN 40 AND 60 FOR THE LEFT OR RIGHT TRIMS IN ALL OF THE FLIGHT MODES. (TRIMS FOUND ON EACH SIDEOF THE DX18 LOGO) THE VALUE FOR LEFT AND RIGHT TRIM IN ALL FLIGHT MODES SHOULDBE ZERO. THESE VALUES CAN BE FOUND ON THE MAIN SCREEN AND ARE VISIBLE AFTER YOU CLICK ON EACH OF THE TRIMS.
2. UNDER THE VERTICAL TRIM BAR ON THE LEFT OF THE MAIN SCREEN YOU WILL SEE THE VALUE OF "+33" THAT CAN BE CHANGED WITH THE MOTOR TRIM.
3. YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A SIGNIFICANT JUMP IN THE FLAPS WHEN SWITCHING TO LANDING MODE USING THE FLAPSTICK.

THIS CORRUPTION CAUSED A CONFLICT BETWEEN VARIOUS MIXES AND CAUSED PROBLEMS WHEN USING LEFT STICK FOR FLAP CONTROL.

IF YOU KNOW OF A LOCATION WHERE OTHER COPIES OF THE FILE HAVE BEEN POSTED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN HAVE THEM REMOVED OR UPDATED.

A NEW FILE WILL BE UPDATED AND POSTED HERE BY 5/15/2015.

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

SHERMAN KNIGHT
Is there a new version yet and if so where can I find it?
webravager is offline Find More Posts by webravager
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by SpenBuzz
United Kingdom, England, Bracknell
Joined Jan 2007
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duworm View Post
Its close...............................

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby
Hi Sherman, any luck with the new template yet?

Thanks,

Spencer.
SpenBuzz is offline Find More Posts by SpenBuzz
Old Today, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by old1104
Joined Nov 2013
137 Posts
I have a DX9 and want to use the throttle for the throttle and then for the flap once I turn the motor off. I guess I can use mixing and the same switch I use for throttle off. I launch at a less than full throttle and then go full once in the air. In the wind I found it safer to launch at less then full throttle so I can not use an off on switch for the throttle like many do.
old1104 is online now Find More Posts by old1104
Old Today, 10:28 AM
Find More Posts by czorzella
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old1104 View Post
I can not use an off on switch for the throttle like many do.
Actually you can!

I use Sherman's template which suggests to use FM "Take Off" to start motor controlled by switch B0. What I did was set different throttle curves controlled by switch D. That enables me to select how much power (100-% - 75% - 50%) that I want to give to motor at a certain moment.
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella