Old May 25, 2015, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
3,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
One thing I asked Jandro is did you experience any issues with any other models?
Nope... but I only have another model on the Taranis, an Hexacopter, but it hasn't ever shown a problem like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
The eepe is for the Su-35, so it passes muster, but by all means include it in the other thread, too.
I am decided to include it in both threads once I have it.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2015, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by BBCorvette18
United States, WA, Yacolt
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
I'm looking at getting the PNW version from Motion RC. couple questions for those of you with one.
1. Does the stock power setup do good enough to have a little fun and go verily for a bit
2. How many channels are needed to have the thrust vectoring on a switch?
3. Would you buy another?
BBCorvette18 is offline Find More Posts by BBCorvette18
Old May 25, 2015, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by noradtux
Germany, SH, Rellingen
Joined Sep 2010
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Thoughts on the issue?
I will certainly replace the Rx but what more could have led to this brownout?
ACCST should be one of the more robust radio links and it doesn't look like transmitter fault since it didn't connect back after reseting...
Hi, I'd like to offer some theories that come to my mind:
Do these receivers have fail-safe (I would expect they do)? I usually set my Duplex-receivers to go to 0-throttle should the radio connection get lost for more than 1.5 seconds. If you don't have fail-safe set up it might have been the radio link (antenna failure on the receiver?). If you do have fail-safe the micro-controller might have become stuck somehow. Maybe some SMD solder-joint is sensitive to the vibration on take-off, making the micro-controller crash.

Hope you can fix her,

/Malte

Edit:
I should read all existing follow-ups before answering myself
noradtux is online now Find More Posts by noradtux
Last edited by noradtux; May 25, 2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old May 25, 2015, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
4,540 Posts
You mean PNF right!? PNW=Plug N Wreck

1. yes, Jandro proved that many times over

2. you need 9ch min to get TV on Switch I think, years a go before my Taranis I had JR9503 and I did have TV on a switch so I'd say you need a 9ch Tx for this

3. yes with no hesitation- I have 2 so far both still flying, my original gray camo PNF, upgraded to ERC12B/HET3w25s and Desert Camo Kit flying ERC12B/HET2w30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCorvette18 View Post
I'm looking at getting the PNW version from Motion RC. couple questions for those of you with one.
1. Does the stock power setup do good enough to have a little fun and go verily for a bit
2. How many channels are needed to have the thrust vectoring on a switch?
3. Would you buy another?
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old May 25, 2015, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
4,540 Posts
Yes X8Rs have FailSafe - unless set to custom setting they 'hold' last stick input by default, thus Jandro was WOT on takeoff they held WOT when RF link lost. His FirmWare was ancient that may have been his issue, but also his Rx may be faulty-Like I posted earlier he has to check his X8R for solder joints, a few have reported NO SOLDER on pins to PCB-see previous posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
Hi, I'd like to offer some theories that come to my mind:
Do these receivers have fail-safe (I would expect they do)? I usually set my Duplex-receivers to go to 0-throttle should the radio connection get lost for more than 1.5 seconds. If you don't have fail-safe set up it might have been the radio link (antenna failure on the receiver?). If you do have fail-safe the micro-controller might have become stuck somehow. Maybe some SMD solder-joint is sensitive to the vibration on take-off, making the micro-controller crash.

Hope you can fix her,

/Malte

Edit:
I should read all existing follow-ups before answering myself
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; May 25, 2015 at 06:45 PM.