SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 24, 2014, 04:08 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2013
857 Posts
I have the Rakon swash and have no play in the swash. Get a little from the servos but because the swash is so good I have not needed to fix them. It wasn't cheap but in my opinion very worthwhile. Man this hobby gets expensive. Mind you glad I don't have a 600 size the batteries alone are over a $100 eeekkkk
EchoRaven is offline Find More Posts by EchoRaven
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2014, 05:05 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2013
308 Posts
Where did you bought your rakon swash? Are the swash balls exactly the same size as the stock? I guess ill just use my swash on a low headspeed build.
aED__ is offline Find More Posts by aED__
Old Mar 24, 2014, 09:16 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycanopyisready View Post

Now I have quite an order from HK and BG consisting of

1x 3.5A supermicro esc
2x 3A XP 3A esc`s (think I`ll use these after all for main and tail)
1x Usb programmer
This ridiculously tiny tail motor
Already have a 11kv M5 as main motor
Plus some weight saving parts (carbon skid and stuff).

We`ll see how it turns out.
Sorry to tell you that you just blew 10 bucks on that tiny motor, I've tried it before and it's hardly good for hovering and blow out big time on any pitch up. Maybe keep it for a small foamie.
I've used the Supermicro and xp3a for my 11kv before going for stacked fets but it's not gonna work with a governed head coz I'm sure it's gonna burn out before long. Also with stacked fets you can feel more power from the motor.
joeclone is online now Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Mar 24, 2014, 03:08 PM
v922 130x 300x
United States, MI, Battle Creek
Joined Apr 2013
719 Posts
My devo 10 showed up at the post office, picking it up tomorrow morning!
matthew0220 is offline Find More Posts by matthew0220
Old Mar 24, 2014, 03:49 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclone View Post
Sorry to tell you that you just blew 10 bucks on that tiny motor, I've tried it before and it's hardly good for hovering and blow out big time on any pitch up. Maybe keep it for a small foamie.
I've used the Supermicro and xp3a for my 11kv before going for stacked fets but it's not gonna work with a governed head coz I'm sure it's gonna burn out before long. Also with stacked fets you can feel more power from the motor.
So thats bad news and bad news. Wheres the good news? There goes my ulw build. Can I use governed head with stacked fets? I had a feeling it wont cut it without, so have 10 fets in one of the orders. I think im going to order an xp7a, but not sure where bg and hk dont have it, what other website has it?
Absolutely sure that xp3a with stacked fets wont be reliable with 11000kv? Its a 6a esc with stacked fets, not enough?
mycanopyisready is offline Find More Posts by mycanopyisready
Old Mar 24, 2014, 05:56 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
i'm sure someone posted earlier asking about a guide for winding motors but i can't see it any more, so i'll just post it in here as it's relevant to this thread lol

guide can be found here >> www.gobrushless.com/GBL_single_v2.pdf

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Mar 24, 2014, 06:02 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
828 Posts
Does anyone know if either of these 2 10a ESCs at banggood Nine Eagles SOLO 125A 10A and Walkera MINI SUPER CP 10A are the same as this one at hobbyking

They look like they could be but with out a picture of both sides or any reviews to say if the pictures are even correct it's impossible to tell but hopefully someone here has already bought one?

I don't want to order one and find out it is different but I'm also bored of waiting for hobbyking to restock it
subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel
Old Mar 24, 2014, 06:52 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,411 Posts
Quote:
So thats bad news and bad news. Wheres the good news? There goes my ulw build. Can I use governed head with stacked fets? I had a feeling it wont cut it without, so have 10 fets in one of the orders. I think im going to order an xp7a, but not sure where bg and hk dont have it, what other website has it?
Absolutely sure that xp3a with stacked fets wont be reliable with 11000kv? Its a 6a esc with stacked fets, not enough?
The M5 works ok with stacked xp3a , I'm even flying my 14000kv with it but it gets hot. You just need to do a solid soldering job and you'll get a very reliable esc with stacked fet xp3a. I saw the xp7a for sale at Chinese Jade just recently but dun see it anymore, maybe you could drop him a mail and see if he has them in stock. Or you could try Megamicros, or get the 10A and you're covered for 2s in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subpixel View Post
I don't want to order one and find out it is different but I'm also bored of waiting for hobbyking to restock it
I'm pretty sure they are one of the some just with different connectors
Old Mar 24, 2014, 07:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2013
308 Posts
I got my xp7a from oversky.com but if you ask me ill just go with the stacked fets because it is lighter and works just as well. And if your going for 2s then go for the hk10a esc.

@subpixel - mine arrived last week and they are the same.
aED__ is offline Find More Posts by aED__
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:22 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
as the wind has finally dropped enough to get the little heli's out I'm away to properly maiden the 2s double bl hcp100, wish me luck!

phil

Old Mar 26, 2014, 02:01 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
as the wind has finally dropped enough to get the little heli's out I'm away to properly maiden the 2s double bl hcp100, wish me luck!
phil
I would be a bit paranoid about transporting the batteries next to those expensive helicopters. I know they are safe and all, but you could be that 1 in the million whose battery just decides it would be fun to catch on fire.

Got my 2x Xp3a from HK. Thanks HK. And the hextronic motor. Lol. These arent tiny, they are microscopic!! How am I supposed to double stack fets on something like this, when the solder tip is bigger than the whole pcb? What have I gotten myself into...
mycanopyisready is offline Find More Posts by mycanopyisready
Old Mar 26, 2014, 05:35 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
Quote:
I would be a bit paranoid about transporting the batteries next to those expensive helicopters. I know they are safe and all, but you could be that 1 in the million whose battery just decides it would be fun to catch on fire.

Got my 2x Xp3a from HK. Thanks HK. And the hextronic motor. Lol. These arent tiny, they are microscopic!! How am I supposed to double stack fets on something like this, when the solder tip is bigger than the whole pcb? What have I gotten myself into...
i know it's a possibility, but li-po's usually go when being overcharged, over discharged or damaged and as i'm careful about dis/charging (and also if i crash damage a li-po i usually bin it) i'm not too worried about walking the 200m to the local football field with them in the box like that and if i was you i'd get another soldering iron/tip as although it's possible to do it with the iron you have life would be much easier with a pencil tip

well i can report a success with the 2s conversion, i still need to tune it in some more as the headspeed is a little high and there is some tail wag, but i'll play about with the tail props to see if that helps out any, i flew the two 2s300 45c nanotech's i had with me with the throttle timer set to 4.5mins, these were testing flights (so not really a full 3d flight) so lots of stop/start while i played about with the curves etc and they were at 7.12v and 7.05v when i put them back on the charger, so with a slightly lower headspeed i should be good for 4 minute 3d flights

as this was the first flyable weather in a while i wasn't wanting to spend too much time tinkering so i'll tach the head and setup the govener etc next time out and post back some numbers etc

phil
Old Mar 26, 2014, 06:45 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,411 Posts
Great news there HH, knew you'd have fun with those They are fast little buggers alright, I've mine on 75% gov and they still feel too fast for me.
Do you like the 80s bl better or the 100s?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 06:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,411 Posts
Quote:

You're definetely gonna have a hard time working with that solder tip, get a smaller tip, the best solder you can get and flux and you'd have a much better time.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 06:54 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2013
857 Posts
I got the Rakon swash from them direct. Get the mcpx bl swash. Its a direct fit apart from rear anti rotation pin.
EchoRaven is offline Find More Posts by EchoRaven