HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 09:09 AM
United States, PA, Southampton
Joined Aug 2012
35 Posts
I call this "Lil Orange" It has a OS .15FP given to me by an old friend. I scratch built this plane, my design, has flaps and trexlar tires. Flys like a dream. Most people are amazed it flyes so well on a .15.
JBG7676 is offline Find More Posts by JBG7676
Last edited by JBG7676; Jul 10, 2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:48 AM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
583 Posts
A picture from too many years ago. The year was probably 1982 or 83..... This was my Craft Air Piece O' Cake. This was the only plane I had marginal success with when I was a kid. I had a CG Ranger 42 with an OS .10 and it was so heavy and fast I just couldn't keep up with it. It wasn't very many flights before it was more epoxy than foam, and was too heavy to fly. I also had a Flitecraft .40 size trainer that lasted about 3 flights before a radio glitch put it down for good. I wish I still had the plans for this Piece O' Cake.... It had a Black Widow engine. Had I been a better flier, I think I likely would have really enjoyed this plane.

roversgonemad is offline Find More Posts by roversgonemad
Old Jul 13, 2013, 07:57 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad View Post
A picture from too many years ago. The year was probably 1982 or 83..... This was my Craft Air Piece O' Cake. This was the only plane I had marginal success with when I was a kid. I had a CG Ranger 42 with an OS .10 and it was so heavy and fast I just couldn't keep up with it. It wasn't very many flights before it was more epoxy than foam, and was too heavy to fly. I also had a Flitecraft .40 size trainer that lasted about 3 flights before a radio glitch put it down for good. I wish I still had the plans for this Piece O' Cake.... It had a Black Widow engine. Had I been a better flier, I think I likely would have really enjoyed this plane.

I taught myself to fly on one in 1982 (I was 28 then). It was my first R/C plane. I got the combo from Tower Hobbies that had the plane, covering, Black Widow and I bought the Astro GX202 two channel radio. I built another a few years later after I wore that one out. I may still have the plans for it. I think that is the same color combo as mine!
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:12 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Dynaflite appears to support this model... parts and plans listing in the below link..

http://www.dynaflite.com/parts/dyfa1009pl.html
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:05 PM
Team Fearless
United States, MD, Piney Point
Joined Mar 2005
1,519 Posts
Here is my La Stick now complete with graphics.
~SnApRoLl is offline Find More Posts by ~SnApRoLl
Last edited by ~SnApRoLl; Jul 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:09 PM
Team Fearless
Joined Mar 2005
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad View Post
Nice!
I had a Dyna Flite Piece O' Cake powered by a Cox Dragon Fly .049 It was a great relaxing flyer.

Shawn
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:11 PM
Team Fearless
Joined Mar 2005
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG7676 View Post
I call this "Lil Orange" It has a OS .15FP given to me by an old friend. I scratch built this plane, my design, has flaps and trexlar tires. Flys like a dream. Most people are amazed it flyes so well on a .15.
Cool plane. It looks similar to a Telemaster.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 07:57 AM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn View Post
I taught myself to fly on one in 1982 (I was 28 then). It was my first R/C plane. I got the combo from Tower Hobbies that had the plane, covering, Black Widow and I bought the Astro GX202 two channel radio. I built another a few years later after I wore that one out. I may still have the plans for it. I think that is the same color combo as mine!
I would be willing to bet this one was also purchased on the Tower Combo. I probably even had the same two channel radio. I used the radio in a 1/10 scale car, the CG Ranger 42, and the Piece O' Cake. We'd make a Tower order and then 3 weeks later drive 30 miles to town to pick up COD packages at UPS. Tower Hobbies was the only place I remember getting RC stuff. There was a little hobby shop in one of the adjacent towns, but it was very hit and miss whether or not it would be open. I was always remember how aggravated my mother was about the money spent on airplanes.

I have actually seen multiple locations for the plans, I was just wanting mine because they would be free Free is my favorite four letter "F" word.
roversgonemad is offline Find More Posts by roversgonemad
Old Jul 17, 2013, 02:17 PM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,880 Posts
I've been flying a GLH for a couple years now. I bought it with everything in it including a COX .051 engine. I ran tests and it turned 16K RPM on 6x3 prop. Before drag that is 45 mph - ugggg. Since I knew there would be dead stick landings I decided to jump right to electric. 3S on 4.75x4.75 turns 30,000 RPM static. That's 135 mph. BUT doplar'd at 140 - so either the doplar was a dive or unloading and very efficient airframe is moving that plane ballistically. Very fun to fly - only issue is launch. I toss and keep it low until it picks up speed. Guys with fast RIFLE's say mine is easier to throw, faster and easier to see in the air.

Video here:
SPEED! Freaking AWESOME R/C Airplanes ! (6 min 24 sec)

Love, love, love that plane. It's so precise and skids to a landing perfectly just about every time. TWO incidents in about 100 flights. One launch too high and wind and torque looped it into the ground nose first. Second - prop strike on landing and slight wing tilt caused it to cart wheel. I get it low for a long landing and keep it in the air until elevator is all the way back and it comes in for a fairly fast landing. I use two plastic screws to hold on the access panel on the bottom of the plane, and shaped them to not catch anything. 3S 40C LiPo. JustGoFly GLH-3.5 motor. Battery is sometimes hot, but not too hot. Motor comes in cold. 70 amp JustGoFly ESC is packed inside the plane with no cooling and I have never had a thermal cut out.

Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:39 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
843 Posts
BMJR Rambler for 1/2A Texaco. I've had it to this stage for months. I lack connecting the servos to the control surfaces, fuel proofing the firewall and mounting the engine. I need to reset the rod on my engine before I mount it.
The plane on the table under its right wing is a Selextra500 for 1/2A by selecthobbies dot com for which I'm doing a build thread on a 1/2A forum in another universe.
The rogallo above it is for a Gymallo-P (electric)
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:22 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
843 Posts
Selextra500 with BigMig .061. This was a beta build for selecthobbies. 15 oz. ready to fly, when it stops raining!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:33 PM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
818 Posts
Very nice! cant wait to start building mine! Just need to get some CA.
forsakenrider is offline Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:50 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenrider View Post
Very nice! cant wait to start building mine! Just need to get some CA.
Thanks! You'll like it. It's a pretty quick build.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:39 PM
Fan of ultra Micro RC and FPV
India, PB, Jalandhar
Joined Jan 2010
32 Posts
sundaramvelar is online now Find More Posts by sundaramvelar
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
4 Posts
We love the Sharkface over here

Eric Clutton (Dr Diesel as you will know him) designed a windy weather model, the Sharkface for single channel in about 1964
Here is my 80% single channel and 9g motor, 125% - SC 12 with 6 channel reeds, and the last one pushing the 1/2 A theme a bit at 160%, os FS30 powered, and on single channel - rudder with 3 position throttle. All fly on 2.4 using Phil_G modules.

Doug
no1dieselman is offline Find More Posts by no1dieselman