SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 08:26 AM
Australia, NSW, Moss Vale
Joined Jun 2013
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01viper27 View Post
Is that the flight camera recording or was that from your Mobius or GoPro?
Hi, no that was a GoPro Hero2 on the pan servo. I have just installed the latest firmware and it seems to be working well, I've reduced the FOV to Medium to reduce the fisheyed effect to at least bearable. The camera pointing down is a Mobius with WDR on and some custom settings. Although there is some jello in the Mobius I really,really rate this camera, bang for buck it can't be beat! Same goes for DragonLink too ;-)
IamtheWalrus is offline Find More Posts by IamtheWalrus
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:14 AM
Heavy lifter
United States, CA, Half Moon Bay
Joined Oct 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Thanks for the picture ! Compare those cloverleaf antennas to our Dipole antenna. I hope you will give one of the www.FPVPro.com 1.2 GHZ dipoles a try, there are a lot of advantages to them. You will get the following improvements:
Increase your video signal level, longer range, less noise.
Greatly reduce the Drag on your plane, increasing battery life and increasing plane speed.
Make your plane lighter.
Reduce the size of plane for transport, and reduce change of damage to both antenna and video transmitter in a bad landing.
Circular polarization is great for 5.8 GHZ where multipathing is a big concern. At 1.2 GHZ, you are better off with vertical polarization, which gives a noticeably stronger signal.
Mike, a couple questions about the Dipole Video Transmitter Antenna.

1) what is the best orientation for the antenna? vertical? can it lay down against the wing surface?
2) can this be used with an IBCrazy pepperbox antenna on the receiver side at long range?
stevemaller is offline Find More Posts by stevemaller
Old Today, 10:06 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemaller View Post
Mike, a couple questions about the Dipole Video Transmitter Antenna.

1) what is the best orientation for the antenna? vertical? can it lay down against the wing surface?
2) can this be used with an IBCrazy pepperbox antenna on the receiver side at long range?
The dipole antenna must always be VERTICAL.

Yes, you can use it with the pepperbox antenna. You will lose a little range since its not vertical polarized, but not to much..

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 10:07 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlavin56 View Post
Just sharing this views, flown with Dragon Link latest firmware and Dragon Link ProDipole Antenna
WOW, Awesome pictures Gustavo !!! You found some really neat clouds, just a perfect day to fly. Thanks for posting.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 10:26 AM
Fatalities caused by FPV: Zero
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Jun 2011
514 Posts
When all else fails, blame the elevator servo...

DragonLink LRS - $268

Complete FPV Aircraft
and Ground Station - $3097

Having your Elevator Servo Fail
during pre-flight checks instead of
10 minutes into your first flight
of the day - Priceless...

Above: This morning at 5:45 am PST, doing preflight checks on the old trusty Skywalker.

After waking up at 4:30 in the morning, I was out at the field doing preflight checks.
I hadn't flown at all in the last 6 weeks. Got everything set up and powered up.
Cameras all on and running. Systems check. Throttle check. Control surfaces
check. When I got to the elevator I cycled up, down, up, down, up, down, up, then
it FROZE! Nothing. Nada.

Powered down and restarted. Nothing! Packed it all up and went home
as the sun was coming up over the horizon in the East.

Diagnosis:
The problem was not my autopilot, my Taranis, or the DragonLink. It was simply
a servo failure after about 700 flights. Damn thing just up and quit!

I call that a VERY successful FPV mission, even though not a single flight was undertaken!
glassdogangle is offline Find More Posts by glassdogangle
Last edited by glassdogangle; Today at 11:17 AM.
Old Today, 10:53 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdogangle View Post
DragonLink LRS - $268

Complete FPV Aircraft

Diagnosis:

I call that a VERY successful FPV mission, even though not a singe flight was undertaken!
That Sucks, but Im glad it Didnt end in a crash or lost plane.
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 11:15 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Above: This morning at 5:45 am PST, doing preflight checks on the old trusty Skywalker.

After waking up at 4:30 in the morning, I was out at the field doing preflight checks.
Sorry to waken so early and cannot fly !
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 11:19 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Aug 2012
75 Posts
What up, DL,

I'm curious about component separation, effects of UHF noise on the system from other components, etc., as I am currently troubleshooting some range/RSSI issues with my system (don't wanna get into that yet, still running some tests on my end).

I'm running a V2 system with updated next gen firmware. My DL Antenna is out on the wing tip in my Penguin, vTX on the other. I run the 36" extension from antenna back to the RX in the fuse, where it is in proximity to the Vector PSU, Pololu 12v step up reg, low noise RMRC 5A BEC, pz420 and a GoPro. Despite the antenna being in its own climate, essentially, out on the wing tip, could the RX be getting effed with back in the fuse by all the other gear? Is the RX itself vulnerable to UHF RFE by associated Gear?

Posted back in FPVLab as well.

Thanks.
Pushjerk is online now Find More Posts by Pushjerk
Old Today, 11:20 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Aug 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
DragonLink LRS - $268

Complete FPV Aircraft

I hadn't flown at all in the last 6 weeks. Got everything set up and powered up.
Cameras all on and running. Systems check. Throttle check. Control surfaces
check. When I got to the elevator I cycled up, down, up, down, up, down, up, then
it FROZE! Nothing. Nada.

Powered down and restarted. Nothing! Packed it all up and went home
as the sun was coming up over the horizon in the East.

Diagnosis:

I call that a VERY successful FPV mission, even though not a single flight was undertaken!
May we ask, what brand servo failed in the elevator?
Pushjerk is online now Find More Posts by Pushjerk
Old Today, 11:27 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,386 Posts
glassdogangle yea for the preflight. it is like you just saved $3000 bucks. now replace ALL your servos
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Today, 11:53 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushjerk View Post
What up, DL,

I'm curious about component separation, effects of UHF noise on the system from other components, etc., as I am currently troubleshooting some range/RSSI issues with my system (don't wanna get into that yet, still running some tests on my end).

I'm running a V2 system with updated next gen firmware. My DL Antenna is out on the wing tip in my Penguin, vTX on the other. I run the 36" extension from antenna back to the RX in the fuse, where it is in proximity to the Vector PSU, Pololu 12v step up reg, low noise RMRC 5A BEC, pz420 and a GoPro. Despite the antenna being in its own climate, essentially, out on the wing tip, could the RX be getting effed with back in the fuse by all the other gear? Is the RX itself vulnerable to UHF RFE by associated Gear?

Posted back in FPVLab as well.

Thanks.
The Dragon Link system is incredibly resistant to noise and RFI. We sell thousands of these sysetms, and they just work, for beginners, advanced, you name it, stick it I a plane, and it just works 99 % of the time. No special measures needed... Even on copters, where everything is right next to each other, it works. So your plane SHOULD be easy.

So my first question is, how do you know you have bad range ???

When did your system ship , and who did you purchase it from ???

I need to make sure you really do have the next generation firmware, instead of just thinking you might have gotten a successful update...

Last: Pololu 12v step up reg !!!!! ???? Why would you have that in your plane ? My experience with step up regulators is that they are HORRIBLY noisy This may or may not be a problem, but it sure gets my attention . And it should not be needed either... I bet I come up with a better solution once you tell me why its there.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 11:56 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,362 Posts
Quote:
DragonLink LRS - $268

WOW !!! I am so glad you found it. That plane has lived through to much to be taken out now.... And yes, servos do fail too often, so here is what I do to lessen the risk.

I ALWAYS use expensive JR servos, The good ones, not the cheap sport models.

On my larger planes, EVERY control has two separate movable surfaces, and two seperate servos. This way, the plane is still flyable no matter which servo fails, or comes unplugged

Mike
Site Sponsor