HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:22 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Dynam Spitfire Flight Review (8 min 9 sec)
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:16 AM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
794 Posts
Nice review Ryan,
I was happy with the 3s performance as well till I ran 4s now I won't go back . Great job!
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:37 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,750 Posts
That video shows how excessively light it is. It flips around like a feather many times, which instantly ruin the lines and realism.
Also the "10 foot take off run" and how it leapt into the air - like no real warbird ever could do.

You can only fly an excessively light plane to 'scale' if it is dead calm, so that the wind cannot move it in a manner that shows its lack of weight and inertia, AND if you yourself do not do one single move that is 'too fast' or an excessive amount, to again show up the 'errors' in its abilities. Which can be done, but that also means you can't do many things a real one could/does or else that will show up that lack of inertia again.
There are also a number of things that no amount of pilot control can make replicate true mass/inertia.... so there is no substitute for truly having it

MotionRC make great quality videos, but flying this on 3S and LIGHT only demonstrates what a "TOY" it is then.
The video has lots of 'good enough to scale flight' portions in it, but that doesn't offset the ton of 'give-away that it is a toy' portions.
"Light on its feet" should have been "Ridiculously light on its feet" really.
Though they never did claim it was a scale model Spitfire..... (though never confirmed it as just a toy Spitfire either, hehe)
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:54 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Wait

Wait until you see her fly with the gyro. Completely different bird.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:02 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,750 Posts
Yes, I can see a gyro would be a good addition to create 'linearity' and offset X amount of wind effect. So it would be quite a bit better. But still missing what real mass and inertia creates in motions.
Optimal would be BOTH, hehe. Mass and a gyro/stabiliser.

I only fly in calm or very light winds - with anything I care about flying 'properly' anyway - so I don't really need a gyro. But it could still be an interesting extra addition of use that is probably worth trying. I have a few Guardians and A3supers, so I should at least give one a try..... if I can find the space to fit anything more! I guess there is bound to be somewhere I could fit it in....
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel