HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:56 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
I shipped my stock Hyperflow fan to Don of Don's Wicked and he installed his motor and dynamically balanced it for me. Runs very smooth and fast.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,502 Posts
Now that is clever !!
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:04 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
Came home about an hour ago from flying this little rush, put another 4 flights.

This thing is hard to see coming head on or flying away (very small front view/section), better visible colors would help.

BTW, I moved the CG 5mm back and she lands a lot easier.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:07 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1613

I think this motor would work great
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
F-OFF
Joined Mar 2007
1,055 Posts
im running a wicked plus in my gp electrifly f20 and it rocks!

That motor is pretty close to the dons, I think the guy with that motor said it went pretty well!
imyohero is offline Find More Posts by imyohero
Old Jun 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1613

I think this motor would work great
I REALLY like Cyclone motors and have several but none in this size...This Cyclone motor is also a little lighter than the recommended ElectriFly inrunner...Knock on wood but I have yet to burn up a Cyclone motor or receive a defective one...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
I wonder if there is any difference between the two rotors running wise (you would need different motor adapt.).

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAXAE&P=SM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLXA4&P=SM
Last edited by super kupfer; Jun 30, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Sep 2005
177 Posts
I don't have one of these fan units, but they both look different in the inner hub area. One looks like it keys to the motor adapter with a hexaganol shape (Evader and F-16) and the other looks like it keys with notches that are spaced 180 degrees apart (also appears to have more webbing material on the inside of the hub so it's probably heavier.)

Sarge
SargeAF is online now Find More Posts by SargeAF
Last edited by SargeAF; Jun 30, 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
Well that's obvious but Im more interested in terms of performance.

BTW nice RZ350
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Sep 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
Well that's obvious but Im more interested in terms of performance.

BTW nice RZ350
I did just happen to jump on this forum with that comment; perhaps I didn't realize your involvment with this design and that you probably did notice that obvious difference (apologies.)

I still have the RZ....what a hoot and thanks for the comment. Although, they were RD350LCs in Canada and still available after '85 correct? I still lust after the RD500 or the coveted aluminum frame RZV500 from Japan.

Sarge
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:19 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeAF View Post
I did just happen to jump on this forum with that comment; perhaps I didn't realize your involvment with this design and that you probably did notice that obvious difference (apologies.)

I still have the RZ....what a hoot and thanks for the comment. Although, they were RD350LCs in Canada and still available after '85 correct? I still lust after the RD500 or the coveted aluminum frame RZV500 from Japan.

Sarge
Don't apologize, its all good

The RZ500 is a sick machine that I would love to own but only if I can get the japanese version as I hate the steel frame, I love two stroke machines but unfortunately they are a thing of the past.

Grand Prix Racing has never been the same for me since they switched to 4 stroke
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Sep 2005
177 Posts
Quote:
Don't apologize, its all good

The RZ500 is a sick machine that I would love to own but only if I can get the japanese version as I hate the steel frame, I love two stroke machines but unfortunately they are a thing of the past.

Grand Prix Racing has never been the same for me since they switched to 4 stroke
Agreed! Only real men could ride an unregulated non-big-bang- 500cc twin two-stroke GP bike (sans all the anti-spin, anti-wheelie electronic wizardry.) Although, they are turning serious lap times....just not as dramatically
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,013 Posts
Hate to get off topic but I had to respond...I had a 500cc Kawasaki triple two stroke that I bought for $500 with only 1500 miles on it...The bike looked BRAND NEW!!!...It had been sitting for years in a garage and the seals between the cylinders had shrinkage allowing pressure between the cylinders to corrupt each other...It was a rather expensive fix back in the mid '80's (new crankshaft) so I sold it for what I paid for it...If I still had it today it would bring a pretty penny regardless of the needed repair...If you've ever ridden one of these (two stroke) bikes then you would have been blown away by the horsepower and torque!!!...

Anyway---Back to the Evader thread---Have any of you figured out why this plane can snap after a split "S" even though the speed has been kept up???...Too much elevator throw or what???

Kevin
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:41 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Hate to get off topic but I had to respond...I had a 500cc Kawasaki triple two stroke that I bought for $500 with only 1500 miles on it...The bike looked BRAND NEW!!!...It had been sitting for years in a garage and the seals between the cylinders had shrinkage allowing pressure between the cylinders to corrupt each other...It was a rather expensive fix back in the mid '80's (new crankshaft) so I sold it for what I paid for it...If I still had it today it would bring a pretty penny regardless of the needed repair...If you've ever ridden one of these (two stroke) bikes then you would have been blown away by the horsepower and torque!!!...

Anyway---Back to the Evader thread---Have any of you figured out why this plane can snap after a split "S" even though the speed has been kept up???...Too much elevator throw or what???

Kevin
I have been reading about that phenomenal and I have performed the split S maneuver lots of times and it never snapped on me, I also talked to a good friend of mine that flies the evader and he also feels the same so I can't comment on that.

I fly on high rates only with my elevator rate being a tad higher then the recommended setup.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,013 Posts
Quote:
I have been reading about that phenomenal and I have performed the split S maneuver lots of times and it never snapped on me, I also talked to a good friend of mine that flies the evader and he also feels the same so I can't comment on that.

I fly on high rates only with my elevator rate being a tad higher then the recommended setup.
I've flown mine as you have with high rates...I would really like another Evader as this plane looks like a mini BVM Viper!!!...I just don't want to waste $$$ to have the split "s" snap on me again...I'm a very seaasoned flier (40+ years of experience, flying jets since 1985) so I do know how to fly jets..The snap took me by surprise!!!...Perhaps I had the CG a tad more rearward than what the plane liked...But I do like to have my planes fly with only a touch of down elevator when inverted...

Kevin