HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2014, 04:50 PM
Joined Mar 2013
152 Posts
Nice Olie,
But how did it hold together during its first blender?
madfor3D is offline Find More Posts by madfor3D
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2014, 05:50 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,453 Posts
good work Olie, you must be stoked she is flying again
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Aug 31, 2014, 09:33 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2012
485 Posts
clubs shouldn't use safety as an excuse to discourage freestyle. Otherwise talents like this would be lost. Watch this flight from a 13yo boy.
Articulate first Flight (5 min 15 sec)
MrDeeMan is offline Find More Posts by MrDeeMan
Old Aug 31, 2014, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2013
152 Posts
Derek, they use safety against freestyle because the real reason would be seen as discrimination.
The reality is that 3D/freestyle is so completely different to the normal circle flying it just seems unsafe to the rank and file.
madfor3D is offline Find More Posts by madfor3D
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:04 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2012
485 Posts
It's such a pity because if freestyle is such a rarity in clubs, the younger/future generation flyers cannot follow by example and end up circuit flying with a couple of rolls and loops thrown in, for the rest of their life. Such a shame.
MrDeeMan is offline Find More Posts by MrDeeMan
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:39 PM
Serial Lurker
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madfor3D View Post
Nice Olie,
But how did it hold together during its first blender?
No blenders yet, but has survived several high speed KE spins and a few crankshafts.

Also seems to be pop topping like a boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
good work Olie, you must be stoked she is flying again
Amazeballs, but now I need to find time to fly it, I spent all my rest time rebuilding it and now work has picked up again
Olie is offline Find More Posts by Olie
Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,453 Posts
Well a geforce servo extension just fried a brand new throttle servo it was built incorrectly and had reverse polarity

taken it back to the hobby shop and they are going to contact the supplier to see if they will replace my servo

damn lucky it didn't go into the Rx otherwise i would be bloody furious
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeeMan View Post
Watch this flight from a 13yo boy.
Wow! I loved that style. So smooooooth.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Today, 06:44 AM
Joined Jul 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
That's ok Paul Gauci, I'm not looking for a job and you don't need to be such a d**k.
Yes i have read a lot of sarcastic posts by this guy & in doing my home work he does not even fly 3D. Cameras ready prepare the flash
king3d is offline Find More Posts by king3d
Last edited by king3d; Today at 07:54 AM.
Old Today, 07:39 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,026 Posts
Are you kidding me? That gouch guy doesn't even fly 3D?? How does he get up in the morning? Line him up and shoot him! Don't worry, leave it to me, I'll do some more homework and REALLY dig up some dirt on that sarcastic prick.....And I bet he doesn't even lift

sarcasm off

Not that I have to explain anything to your good self, but no, I don't fly "3D". I like watching it, especially the big scale stuff, which is the main reason I come into this thread, to watch the skills of others and check out the new aircraft.
I also like taking photos of said monsters but that's more of an excuse to blend two different hobbies together. But no, I don't get into flying 3D myself, just not my thing. I can do basic stuff, but my direction went more toward slope flying due to the fact I have a lot of places around here for that type of flying, plus I like the view from flying from ocean cliffs on a sunny afternoon. In fact I don't even have anything outside of slope planes at the moment as I do other things as well, as my life doesn't revolve around RC.

If some here weren't so precious, sarcasm would not be required in the first place.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Today, 07:50 AM
Joined Jul 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post
Are you kidding me? That gouch guy doesn't even fly 3D?? How does he get up in the morning? Line him up and shoot him! Don't worry, leave it to me, I'll do some more homework and REALLY dig up some dirt on that sarcastic prick.....And I bet he doesn't even lift

sarcasm off

Not that I have to explain anything to your good self, but no, I don't fly "3D". I like watching it, especially the big scale stuff, which is the main reason I come into this thread, to watch the skills of others and check out the new aircraft.
I also like taking photos of said monsters but that's more of an excuse to blend two different hobbies together. But no, I don't get into flying 3D myself, just not my thing. I can do basic stuff, but my direction went more toward slope flying due to the fact I have a lot of places around here for that type of flying, plus I like the view from flying from ocean cliffs on a sunny afternoon. In fact I don't even have anything outside of slope planes at the moment as I do other things as well, as my life doesn't revolve around RC.

If some here weren't so precious, sarcasm would not be required in the first place.
14,025 posts on threads his not familiar with BTW i thought i would give you a wink like you do often. Did that help
Last edited by king3d; Today at 07:58 AM.
Old Today, 07:53 AM
Joined Jul 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
clubs shouldn't use safety as an excuse to discourage freestyle. Otherwise talents like this would be lost. Watch this flight from a 13yo boy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chXS...ature=youtu.be
One day i would like to fly that style,
thanks for sharing
# I'm trying
Old Today, 07:57 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king3d View Post
14,025 posts on threads his not familiar with
You brought me up in conversation here, so I replied honestly. If you want to be an ass about it, knock yourself out.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Today, 08:04 AM
Joined Jul 2014
10 Posts
You made your self stand out as another poster Quoted. I find it funny how your not online in your avatar but you posted in under 4min
Old Today, 08:22 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,913 Posts
Time for something cute to soften the mood .

groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet