SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 03, 2009, 04:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
119 Posts
Discussion
Mounting an outrunner on a glider

I'm considering putting an outrunner in a 3m glider (see other post), but the glider has been designed for traditional brushed motor with 2 screw mount in the wood flat nose.

To mount an outrunner in-board, could i screw the supplied cross plate to the outside/front, and then screw threw to the motor on the inside. This means the can would spin in a fairly tight space, and I need to be careful with the wires but is this feasible ?
FFMan is offline Find More Posts by FFMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2009, 05:07 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,197 Posts
I suppose you could use the X-mount ahead of a ply plate, but you could also screw (with washers) just through the ply plate itself. As long you can route the leads free of the rotating can you are fine.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Apr 03, 2009, 08:23 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,852 Posts
Here's another way to do it....
Mount the motor to a thin aluminum plate (license plate material or thicker) using the front motor screw holes. Screw the plate to the fire wall. Would require you to enlarge existing fire wall hole.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 04, 2009, 06:19 PM
Boston, MA subburb
Joined Sep 2004
1,180 Posts
If you have not already purchased the motor, use a brushless inrunner that drops right in
http://www.astroflight.com/index.php...products_id=74

Alan
Al Offt is offline Find More Posts by Al Offt