SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 31, 2002, 04:12 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,557 Posts
New Moderator: Hello

Hello everyone,
First off, some of you already know me, or have at least seen me around the 'zone, but for those of you who don't, I'd like to take a moment to give you some of my RC background.

I started flying about 7-8 years ago with a Carl Goldberg Eagle II .40 glow trainer. For the next several years I flew it, then some other .40 size sport planes. About 3 years ago I started flying electrics, mostly slowflyers, but my interests are lying in bigger electrics now, though I'm getting back into glow planes a little bit for fun fly's.

For about 2 years now I have worked at Nelson Hobby Specialties, where I deal with Giant scale modelers who fly IMAC and TOC style aircraft, and people who build super detailed scale models. I have spoken to many experts over the past few years and have learned a lot about aircraft design and construction.

I am currently a college student, and I'm trying to start my own kit business selling scale parkflyers of several 1930's homebuilts.

If any of you have any questions you would like to ask me, feel free to drop me a private message or email me at RC_Eflyer@hotmail.com

--Paul Susbauer
Training Forum Moderator

Old School R/C
www.geocities.com/oldschool_rc
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2002, 06:19 PM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,320 Posts
Hi Paul.....are you familiar with the term "over qualified" ?

Sounds like you have a great background for a kit business, and have been/ will be lots of help here too.

Best Regards

Al
Al P is offline Find More Posts by Al P
Old Mar 31, 2002, 06:51 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,557 Posts
Thanks Al,
I think one thing I'm going to start is a thread that has a bunch of assorted Terms/abbreviations so that Newbies can read them and know what they mean.

Example:
HLG = Hand Launched Glider
Tx= Transmitter
Rx= Reciever

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2002, 05:45 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,499 Posts
Welcome Paul !

Al P,

You can never be over qualified,

I've been flying R/C models for 20+ years and I'm still learning !
( Must've been doing something wrong all that time ! )
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64