HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2014, 02:52 PM
Joined Apr 2013
38 Posts
Discussion
RC800...power drain when OFF...and where is latest firmware?

Hi guys,

Been looking around for a solution...

I just bought an RC800 FPV monitor. Overall pretty happy with it.

But...

Last night I left a 3S flight battery battery plugged in with the monitor turned OFF...woke up to a DEAD battery (charger says "low voltage" and won't charge it).

I have two problems:

1) "Auto power off" does not work...I suspect this is because the monitor is not recognizing that there is no signal after I turn off my transmitter...the monitor does NOT say "no signal", which seems to be a requirement for it to start the auto-power-off countdown, but that's just a guess.

2) Even with the monitor OFF, it'll drain a battery DEAD...I have seen references to someone attaching a power meter, and saw the same power drain whether the unit is OFF or ON...not good.

I have firmware version 1.2.11, and thru a lot of searching, found firmware version 1.2.13 here:

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...-pvr-with-xt60

But I have no idea if this is the latest firmware, or if it will fix anything. I hesitate to do the upgrade without knowing.

So...

Anyone know of a firmware version that fixes this power issue and where to find it?

Thanks...

--

Bill
wsalopek is offline Find More Posts by wsalopek
to remove ads between posts