to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2008, 07:43 AM
Kiss the Sky
Dorking, Surrey, UK
Joined Jul 2006
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCLOUD
That poor Panther , she's to young to have had so many mishaps ! Hope this is the last one for awhile!

But boy she sure looks nice while flying ! Just keep the speed up in turns , I guess.

Blue Skies ..........R Dub
Could try a little wash out in the wing tips to help turns at lower speeds?
electriceye is offline Find More Posts by electriceye
Old Dec 22, 2008, 01:00 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,199 Posts
Electriceye, Its not really a washout issue really. Its a matter of blanking out the elevator in these high "T" tail designed planes. Its a problem with all "T" tail designs not just the panther. Just a matter of keeping the speeds up in this type of plane and being mindfull of thier limitations. My A-4 I have has the same problem but I tend to keep that one moving at high speed most of the time. Its elevators looses authority much like the panther if she gets too slow. I had a incident with it as well when I was learning to fly it too but it was during landing so it didn't have far to fall when it did. Learned the lesson on that plane and have now with the Panther as well. I think I pretty much have all the vises worked out now .

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:40 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,199 Posts
Thought I would chime in and say that my 100% Panther is not going through its final stages of building. Finally added the C/F rods and am going to be ordering the electrics for it tomorrow. She will be getting the new GWS EDF-50 with B/L motor combo they just came out with. Since mine was modded to accept the 50mm from jump it will be a non-issue.

Jason

P.S. The large version of the Panther made by RWCloud is being redone in the Blue angels scheme so it will match RW's Cougar once done.
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:31 PM
Supersonic hover
Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
1,043 Posts
Sounds good Jason, I didn't know they had released a brushless EDF-50... gotta go check that out!

-Matt
Esprit440 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit440
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:07 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2008
990 Posts
My panther is finished and ready for maiden, and has been for a while. I just need an ar6100 and it will be all good!
EDFjet is offline Find More Posts by EDFjet
Old May 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Oct 2010
88 Posts
built this, put a 50mm in it, could not believe how easy it was to fly. such a simple build. thanks so much for the plans and instructions. mine is a bit heavy, 6oz w/o battery. plan on building another w/o hot glue, will use uhu por. did use foam plates, cut out center flat bottom for the 1mm parts.
thanks again.
Slipfast is offline Find More Posts by Slipfast
Old May 31, 2012, 08:32 PM
Supersonic hover
Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
1,043 Posts
That's weird, I was just looking at these old plans today! Glad you are enjoying your Panther. Please post up some pics!

-Matt
Esprit440 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit440