HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
New Product
MXP230 MINI FPV Quadcopter by Xhover /G10/Carbon Fiber/ PDB

Very Excited to introduce the Mini X Pro 230 AKA "MXP230"

The Mini X Pro 230 is a solid durable frame made out of high quality G10 material. This frame was built to take a beating and keep going crash after crash! We listened to what people wanted and designed a STRONG DURABLE FRAME! Designed to push the limits and not worry about replacing parts in the middle of your flying session. The mini x is 230mm from motor to motor diagonally.

Don't let the small size of this frame fool you, it is more then capable of carrying normal FPV gear found in much bigger quadcopters such as a full HD camera like a GoPro or Mobius HD.

Vibration Free Video
The Mini X Pro was designed to produce vibration and jello free video. The thick 6mm arms along with the 3mm center plate help to isolate vibrations and jello resulting in perfect HD video without the need of a clean dirty section or special bobbins which can be a hassle to remove or repair in a small crash.

Weight
Frame: 185g
AUW: 555g including all electronics and FPV gear and Mobius HD Camera 1300mah battery

Hover Time: 6-7min you can get a longer flight time with a 1500mah
(FPV gear included with Mobius HD cam and 1300mah battery)

Suggested Components
Motors: Tiger 2300kv, SunnySky 2300kv
Propellers: GemFan 5x3 2 blade
ESC: 12A
Battery: 3s 1300 or 1500mah 35c
Flight Controller: CC3D, Naze32, Flip MWC
Receiver: Spekctrum, Frsky, Futaba
CCD Camera: Sony 600tvl
HD Camera: GoPro Hero 3, Mobius Action Cam
Video Transmitter: ImmersionRC 600mw Transmitter
Antenna: Clover Leaf (SMA)
Antenna: SMA Male to SMA female bulkhead right angle 10cm

Please visit www.xhover.com for more information and pricing.
Expected ship date April 18th or sooner. You can Pre Order now at xhover.com

Video on wiring and setup of CC3D
mxp230 power distribution "how to" (8 min 44 sec)

Introducing the MXP230 Mini FPV Quadcopter by Xhover (4 min 24 sec)

FPV - FAST - MXP230 (5 min 15 sec)

MXP230 - Durability Test (3 min 23 sec)

FPV - Fun Run - MXP230 mini quadcopter (4 min 38 sec)

More Pictures coming soon!
xhover is offline Find More Posts by xhover
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xhover; May 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
MXP230 Elite, Carbon Fiber with built in PDB board

Description

The MXP230 Elite is a solid durable frame made out of high quality Carbon Fiber material. This frame was built to take a beating and keep going crash after crash! We listened to what people wanted and designed a STRONG DURABLE FRAME! Designed to push the limits and not worry about replacing parts in the middle of your flying session. The MXP230 s 230mm from motor to motor diagonally.

Don't let the small size of this frame fool you, it is more then capable of carrying normal FPV gear found in much bigger quadcopters such as a full HD camera like a GoPro or Mobius HD.

Built in Power Distribution Board With LED's (PDB)

The MXP230 Now comes with its very own PDB board built in which also include Built in LED Lights Blue up front and red in the back. The PDB board makes it easier to wire your ESC's and other Electronics.

Vibrations Free Video

The MXP230 was designed to produce vibration and jello free video. The thick 3mm arms along with the 3mm center plate help to isolate vibrations and jello resulting in perfect HD video without the need of a clean dirty section or special bobbins which can be a hassle to remove or repair in a small crash.

Weight

Frame: 130g

AUW: 500g including all electronics and FPV gear and Mobius HD Camera.

What's included

1 x Top Plate
1 x Middle Plate
1 x Bottom plate with built in PDB and LED's
4 x Arms
6 x anodized red standoffs
8 x hex spacers for bottom plate
4 x landing gear
16 x button head hex motor mount screws
12 x button head hex screws for assembly
1 x Neoprene Tape for HD camera
1 x Xhover Battery strap
1 x Allen Key for M3 screws

Suggested Components
Motors: Tiger 2300kv, SunnySky 2300kv
Propellers: GemFan 5x3 2 blade
ESC: 12A
Battery: 3s 1300 or 1500mah 35c
Flight Controller: CC3D, Naze32, Flip MWC
Receiver: Spekctrum, Frsky, Futaba
CCD Camera: Sony 600tvl
HD Camera: GoPro Hero 3, Mobius Action Cam
Video Transmitter: ImmersionRC 600mw Transmitter
Antenna: Clover Leaf (SMA)
Antenna: SMA Male to SMA female bulkhead right angle 10cm
MXP230 Elite - Mini FPV Quadcopter - Teaser - Carbon Fiber (0 min 51 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xhover; May 20, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
FPV - MPX230 - Radioactive (2 min 39 sec)

testing new tune on my MXP230 (5 min 43 sec)

FPV - MXP230 (4 min 12 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xhover; Mar 20, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 01:43 PM
1sq
United States, CA, Imperial Beach
Joined Mar 2013
1,338 Posts
Well i be damn! That looks indestructible. It looks like it a regular gym rat at 24 hour fitness. Look at those biceps and triceps.
1sq is offline Find More Posts by 1sq
Old Mar 14, 2014, 01:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sq View Post
Well i be damn! That looks indestructible. It looks like it a regular gym rat at 24 hour fitness. Look at those biceps and triceps.
I have been doing lots of flights along with 4 other pilots and we have had no problems! Just been replacing lots of props! lol Keeps asking for more!! I have a video coming up very soon!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2014, 02:09 PM
1sq
United States, CA, Imperial Beach
Joined Mar 2013
1,338 Posts
I noticed no clean section, but if no video jello then its all good.

On a side note, I wonder when are the Chinese going to produce standoff made out of rubber. Something strong enough to withstand some crashes and soft enough to absorbs vibes.
1sq is offline Find More Posts by 1sq
Old Mar 14, 2014, 02:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
Quote:

On a side note, I wonder when are the Chinese going to produce standoff made out of rubber. Something strong enough to withstand some crashes and soft enough to absorbs vibes.
You will see on the video how smooth it looks!

I know that would be a good idea. maybe soon.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2014, 03:21 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Oct 2013
27 Posts
mxp230 test pilot

I was fortunate to be a test pilot for this frame. I have to tell you this thing rocks. It's a tank and you'll be happy to have jello free video with your mobius or Gopro.Yesterday I had a motor malfunction while attempting to flip either the E-clip whore out or some how came loose the prop with the bell housing comes flying off. Mini dropped for 40 feet ... other than the motor everything was fine. That would have split my arms or break it off with my qav250...The arms are so think I would bet no one can break them and if by some crazy crash you do. Replacing an arm is quick and easy but I doubt an arm will ever break. I own a qav250. Built and flew the mini-d and the blackout. This thing is in a class all its own.. If you buy this you wont regret it.

Here is a video I did earlier this week. Keep in mind that I just built this mini the night before and not yet tuned. I was just so excited to see how she will preform.
Testing video for jello on my new quad (3 min 46 sec)
DeathRo is offline Find More Posts by DeathRo
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2014, 03:23 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Oct 2013
27 Posts
mxp230 test pilot

I was fortunate to be a test pilot for this frame. I have to tell you this thing rocks. It's a tank and you'll be happy to have jello free video with your mobius or Gopro.Yesterday I had a motor malfunction while attempting to flip either the E-clip whore out or some how came loose the prop with the bell housing comes flying off. Mini dropped for 40 feet ... other than the motor everything was fine. That would have split my arms or break it off with my qav250...The arms are so thick I would bet no one can break them and if by some crazy crash you do. Replacing an arm is quick and easy but I doubt an arm will ever break. I own a qav250. Built and flew the mini-d and the blackout. This thing is in a class all its own.. If you buy this you wont regret it.

Here is a video I did earlier this week. Keep in mind that I just built this mini the night before and not yet tuned. I was just so excited to see how she will preform.
Testing video for jello on my new quad (3 min 46 sec)
DeathRo is offline Find More Posts by DeathRo
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2014, 05:00 PM
<<x USMC
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Jun 2010
673 Posts
I am also testing this frame out... it's my first mini though I've test flown several of the other popular mini's out there including the QAV250, Mini-H and the DRQ250 aka "Mini-D" and I'm very impressed with this MXP230 frame, right away this frame feels EXTREMELY SOLID and I can tell it will take a beating and keep coming back for more. It's modular arm design is a big plus though I doubt there will ever be a need to replace these!!!

At first I was concerned as it is heavier than the others but with the suggested power setup and even with a 3s 1800 this mini is nimble (test hover and tossed around in the parking garage at work). I'll be updating this thread once I get some flights in as I just finished building this mini tank last night
r0beert0 is offline Find More Posts by r0beert0
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV + McLaren P1 = HELLA FUN
Old Mar 14, 2014, 06:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
Quote:

Here is the video to show how the performance and No vibrations
Introducing the MXP230 Mini FPV Quadcopter by Xhover (4 min 24 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:00 AM
quit crying start flying
United States, CA
Joined Mar 2013
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhover View Post
Here is the video to show how the performance and No vibrations
http://youtu.be/XXtLBviH9Ps
UH OH xhover came out with a mini. you know its going to be an awesome little quad the guy can fly!! and is one of the guys that has inspired me to get into fpv about 9 months ago

congrats on your new mini quad, what a beast

Bay
bayareaheli is offline Find More Posts by bayareaheli
Old Mar 15, 2014, 02:55 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
Whats the maximum flight time achievable if I want to use immersion with mobius?
ahtiram is offline Find More Posts by ahtiram
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:04 AM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtiram View Post
Whats the maximum flight time achievable if I want to use immersion with mobius?
You can use a 1600mah to get about 8-10min depending how hard you push this mini.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaheli View Post
UH OH xhover came out with a mini. you know its going to be an awesome little quad the guy can fly!! and is one of the guys that has inspired me to get into fpv about 9 months ago

congrats on your new mini quad, what a beast

Bay
Haha thanks man!! glad you think it's a beast.
RCG Plus Member