HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:46 PM
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Discussion
How long to wait before complaining about not receiving shipment

I was told on 1/24 that an item that I bought was shipped and that it should be delivered on 1/29. I did not get a tracking number but have asked the shipper for one and haven't received a response. It's been 2 days past the delivery date and still nothing. How long should I wait before going to PayPal or taking other courses of action?
pinecone73 is offline Find More Posts by pinecone73
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:49 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,891 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
Personally? ummm...2 weeks (assuming no communication whatsoever by that time).
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
ive never had anything i shipped or bought in the u.s.take more than 4 days after it was actually shipped.i just shipped a 500 from mi. to new zealand and it only took 6 days..if you were told it was shipped on the 24th id give it 10 buisness days then call paypal and explain your issue of no response from the seller and they will start a dispute and skip the initial waiting period.
(make sure you call,not email)
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, OH, Marysville
Joined Apr 2010
140 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
I bought an engine a couple months ago and got a tracking # with the shipment. I watched the tracking # for a week and the engine was suppose to be here that day, it did not show up. I figured maybe they were running late so it would be here the next day. The next day it still wasnt there so I checked the tracking # and they sent it to California. I live in Ohio and the engine was coming from Washingon state. I called UPS and they pretty much told me its my problem and they didnt care I was mad. It was another 10 days before I got it. I will never use UPS to ship anything. So maybe your shipment got misrouted like mine. Hopefully you can contact the seller.
squirrel40 is offline Find More Posts by squirrel40
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ok... I want this plane.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:12 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone73 View Post
I was told on 1/24 that an item that I bought was shipped and that it should be delivered on 1/29. I did not get a tracking number but have asked the shipper for one and haven't received a response. It's been 2 days past the delivery date and still nothing. How long should I wait before going to PayPal or taking other courses of action?
Ya have 45 days with Paypal for Claims..Hang in there..I've had to wait as long as 17 days......

One small package from the E. coast to Mo. shipped Parcel...No Joke....

Hope it shows soon....

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:38 AM
United States, NJ, Caldwell
Joined Apr 2007
312 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
How was it shipped? I have bought a bunch of planes lately and it seems to be a crap shoot with USPS in particular. One plane took 10 days over the "expected delivery date" while another plane which was purchased afterwards and from further away got to me before the first one!
Sessholvlaru is offline Find More Posts by Sessholvlaru
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:37 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,808 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Maybe it hasn't occurred to you that the USPS doesn't load up a package from "Joe" and take it directly to "Bill". What they do ,is load up a couple of hundred items in the truck, and drop it off at 'sorting stations'.
Now the item you want may be in another state ,but it's only one item..It doesn't make sense to the computer to send a truck 600 miles for that one item.
The most cost effective way is to load it on a truck with multiple items coming to you local sorting station.
That may be to send it with those hundreds of other items, to meet a truck intended for your area.

Looking on a map for a direct route makes sense to us, but not the 'penny watchers'.
Once in a while I pretend I;m driving to the destination of the package..It takes a very short time to convince me that it's cost effective to wait for them to finish the job.
One of my packages went to the West Coast to end up in Mississippi,'way faster than I could have driven there from Maryland...And cheaper too.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:24 AM
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I understand with what you're conveying here. My concern was not receiving a shipment at all. The shipper told me to expect it on a Tuesday, I did not receive it until Friday. I'm very happy to get the shipment, not entirely happy with the contents, but I got what I paid for.

On a personal note, I worked for FedEx, I'm familiar with the package shipping process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Maybe it hasn't occurred to you that the USPS doesn't load up a package from "Joe" and take it directly to "Bill". What they do ,is load up a couple of hundred items in the truck, and drop it off at 'sorting stations'.
Now the item you want may be in another state ,but it's only one item..It doesn't make sense to the computer to send a truck 600 miles for that one item.
The most cost effective way is to load it on a truck with multiple items coming to you local sorting station.
That may be to send it with those hundreds of other items, to meet a truck intended for your area.

Looking on a map for a direct route makes sense to us, but not the 'penny watchers'.
Once in a while I pretend I;m driving to the destination of the package..It takes a very short time to convince me that it's cost effective to wait for them to finish the job.
One of my packages went to the West Coast to end up in Mississippi,'way faster than I could have driven there from Maryland...And cheaper too.
pinecone73 is offline Find More Posts by pinecone73
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:43 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Trader Rating: 193
Sometimes when I ship an item from my work in seattle (woodinville home address), the package will hit two or three local Sort Facilities before making it on the plane or truck to its destination. Each one of those sort facilities will eat up a day's worth of shipping time.
Its crazy inefficient they way they do it sometimes, but once we drop it off at the local PO, properly packaged, properly addressed..we are at their mercy, and at times, the mercy of the weather too.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:11 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
632 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
two weeks?

Sounds reasonable to me. I am currently waiting for a refund from a transmitter i mailed back to seller when i noticed 5 plus cracks in the lcd bezel. It made it back (much better packed too) two weeks ago and apparently the seller is unable to purchase a postal money order as agreed and mail it- now have to wait to next week. Our first trade was a tx antenna that was mailed 11 days after he said he mailed it and then turned out to be defective- crashed two planes until i silver soldered antenna w/flame- then was okay. Supposed to treat me right this time- i must be wearing the KICK ME sign again. cheers jim
jim e is offline Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:28 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
It depends how it was shipped. Every now and then something like this happens. So 10 days and counting. It's normally 1-3 but this could happen.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
February 15, 2013, 8:51 am
WARRENDALE, PA 15095

Depart USPS Sort Facility
February 06, 2013
DALLAS, TX 75398

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
February 06, 2013, 12:40 am
DALLAS, TX 75398

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
February 05, 2013, 11:25 pm
THE COLONY, TX 75056

Electronic Shipping Info Received
February 05, 2013
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:17 PM
SBP
United States, PA, Waynesboro
Joined Aug 2011
97 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
Shipped a package to Indiana from here in Pa.Somehow it made it to California and spent 4 days there before being shipped to Indiana. Took almost 2 weeks for the buyer to get his purchase. Should have taken 3 days.Thanks USPS, at least it wasn't lost. Shipped a package to Guam, took 3 days ?
SBP is offline Find More Posts by SBP
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
225 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
I bought something on Jan 22 and paid immediately. I recieved the notificication from Paypal on Jan 27 that the order was shipped along with a tracking number from USPS. When I click on the number all it says is Electronic Shipping info received on Jan 27 and there hasn't been any updates. It was sent by first class mail and says it features USPS tracking/delivery confirmation? I sent the seller a PM asking what day it was shipped but I've not got a reply back and that's been about 10 days ago. It only had to travel south about 450 miles so I guess it may be going around the world to get from Pa to NC
oneagleswings is offline Find More Posts by oneagleswings
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, MA, Dennis
Joined Nov 2012
518 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneagleswings View Post
it says is Electronic Shipping info received on Jan 27 and there hasn't been any updates.
Normally that means the shipment was processed on line, but the package has yet to hit the actual post office.

That would be normal, but the USPS is not normal.

Good luck to you and hope its a glitch.

Philip
CCkiter is offline Find More Posts by CCkiter
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:08 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneagleswings View Post
I bought something on Jan 22 and paid immediately. I recieved the notificication from Paypal on Jan 27 that the order was shipped along with a tracking number from USPS. When I click on the number all it says is Electronic Shipping info received on Jan 27 and there hasn't been any updates. It was sent by first class mail and says it features USPS tracking/delivery confirmation? I sent the seller a PM asking what day it was shipped but I've not got a reply back and that's been about 10 days ago. It only had to travel south about 450 miles so I guess it may be going around the world to get from Pa to NC
That basically means the label was printed on the 27th and that is it. It has never been scanned by USPS.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD