HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, NJ, Hillsborough
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Discussion
BP Hobbies Staff Turnover - What to do?

I just learned that BP Hobbies has recently let go two of their best staff, Greg and Jimmie. Greg was one of the most knowledgeable sales/support guys that I have found in this hobby yet. Although Jimmie was not the hobby guru that Greg is, he was always helpful and nice as hell. I am seriously considering finding a new hobby parts outlet to burn my extra cash. Not sure what prompts a retailer to let go of their top sales/support team, but I can only imagine that BP is going to be in a world of hurt for a while.
NJTailChaser is offline Find More Posts by NJTailChaser
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:07 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Companies have to make hard decisions in these hard economic times. Not supporting them when they have to downsize might lead to even more people being let go. I've had great dealings with them and unless something happens on future purchases I'd keep buying there.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTailChaser View Post
I am seriously considering finding a new hobby parts outlet to burn my extra cash. Not sure what prompts a retailer to let go of their top sales/support team, but I can only imagine that BP is going to be in a world of hurt for a while.
Just what is the purpose of the post? Are you trying to shame BP into hiring them back? Really I just don't see what you are getting at. Deciding to take your money somewhere else will certainly help BP to keep their doors open.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:31 AM
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
Agree - big disappointment

Couldn't agree more. New to the hobby and Greg was great. Shocked to go and find he was no longer there. You could go to the store and he would tell you how to build it, what you needed next and give you a totally expert and honest input. Can't find anywhere else. Very difficult to find a store with this level of expertise. They also reduced their hours to 10 - 2 and it is very inconvenient. Suspect they decided they didn't want to be in the retail business. Too bad. Would like to get contact details for Greg if anyone has or the club he flies at
NJBurt is offline Find More Posts by NJBurt