SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:30 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
My 51'' Slick died the other day so now i have the gear for the bipe. Can it get here already!?!?
I've put a TON of flights on my 51 in the year and a half I've had it, but in the sad event that it meets it's maker (or is crushed by it's builder) I sure hope the Byper is in stock to make it a happy time
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:48 AM
NJ
Joined Aug 2003
8,893 Posts
You guys are so mean. You only build planes for yourselves and your friends.
mexico is offline Find More Posts by mexico
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:34 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post
But we have lots of friends
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:43 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,470 Posts
I love my 3dhs planes, even the ones I can't buy yet...

KM's right...I think the more recent planes like 104, 59, supervyper, 70velox, Osiris-junior, 58, 48yakepp, 48extraepp and 74 were not extremely visible to the public for very long before they hit the website for pre-order.

Personally, I'm really happy to see that they are more interested in getting the planes to fly they way they want to before releasing anything. If development of new products wasn't working well....we would all go buy other planes, but the 3dhs development process just KEEPS coming out with new planes that fly REALLY good. I'm sure in a perfect world, they'd also stock everything all the time....like those really big hobby warehouses, right?

Meanwhile, while I wait on byper....I'll go fly! Sign me up for a byper and bigfoot...whenever they are ready!
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:45 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
fixed

actually, we have kept people up to date with the bipes... they're being built. we're not lying. people who have been around know the drill... getting on a boat, pre-orders or a big "tuh-dah, they've already arrived"... nothing different.
It would be awesome if the aug. 6th shipment has a "tuh-duh" on board
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:47 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
But all the other airframes, it's like "here's the prototype... oh look, you can buy them", typically a very short advanced marketing period. Maybe your viewpoint is jaded by the fact that you came after the release of most of our airframes, but the biplane, BigFoot and Osiris 2m are not typical... they're long term projects that are finally coming to fruition.

I'm all for testing and refinement as long as necessary. Cool looking planes don't always fly well. Your testing and refinements are probably designed to produce such a great flying airplane that all people will be able to complain about is out of stock notices and ultracote that wrinkles in the sun. And you're right, I'm late to the scene...only been flying RC for a little over a year. The vyper bipe was advertised/displayed on youtube when I was still flying a Pitts Model 12, and I was very interested way back then to buy one. Now, I'm leaning toward an Extra EPP, or an AJ Slick, or a Bigfoot (for winter build).

I should clarify: Other planes I have flown don't have the kinks worked out, and it is unlikely that any other non-EF non-3DHS non-PA manufacturer who doesn't do flight testing and refinement during development will be able to get a plane that flies all 3D well, is tough, light, comes with good hardware, etc.

People keep telling me the Super Vyper is not a "true" 3D plane, but it flies 3D so well, and my experience is so limited, that I don't know how much better a "true 3D" plane could be.

In any event, yeah, I'd rather you strive for excellence than meeting an estimated release date.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:47 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post
Are you being serious?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:48 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Are you being serious?
He was obviously being sarcastic.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I'm all for testing and refinement as long as necessary. Cool looking planes don't always fly well. Your testing and refinements are probably designed to produce such a great flying airplane that all people will be able to complain about is out of stock notices and ultracote that wrinkles in the sun. And you're right, I'm late to the scene...only been flying RC for a little over a year. The vyper bipe was advertised/displayed on youtube when I was still flying a Pitts Model 12, and I was very interested way back then to buy one. Now, I'm leaning toward an Extra EPP, or an AJ Slick, or a Bigfoot (for winter build).

I should clarify: Other planes I have flown don't have the kinks worked out, and it is unlikely that any other non-EF non-3DHS non-PA manufacturer who doesn't do flight testing and refinement during development will be able to get a plane that flies all 3D well, is tough, light, comes with good hardware, etc.

People keep telling me the Super Vyper is not a "true" 3D plane, but it flies 3D so well, and my experience is so limited, that I don't know how much better a "true 3D" plane could be.

In any event, yeah, I'd rather you strive for excellence than meeting an estimated release date.
To find out what "true 3D" is buy a balsa slick, extra, or edge. Though I do not have a vyper so I don't know what they mean when they say "true 3D".
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
He was obviously being sarcastic.
Oh ok.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:30 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
I don't care how long the plane takes, it would just cool to get updates and be "in the know". Things like the issue with stickers and that they found some things they could approve on are nice to know. Gotta think they aren't with the next shipment but things like that would be cool to know instead of being unsure.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:41 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,728 Posts
Quote:
. The vyper bipe was advertised/displayed on youtube when I was still flying a Pitts Model 12, and I was very interested way back then to buy one.
Actually the video's you saw before "July 19, 2012 8:37 PM"
Were video's shot while the plane was in development and at various shows, and its was always described as a prototype.

July 19, 2012 8:37 PM was when the video got posted of the Vyper bipe that went into Production.
And that means it's close.

I also think that most Addicts prefer to see glimpses into the planes being developed so they know what planes are in the pipeline and someday be made available for purchase. Just because you are at a show and see something new, does not mean its only a few months away. Unless someone tells you it is.

I think the last thing most Addicts want is to not be made aware of the planes in the pipeline until a preorder button shows up. Just saying.

That would be a bad thing if that were to happen.

Other than that I know nothing.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:20 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
well...khm.... wasnt question about delivering of promises? :P one thing is yes, we are developing plane, soon it will come out, other thing is: we are developing it -> it will come out in spring-> its almost on the build -> oooh, no, sorry guys, it will come in late summer -> its on the build, soon, soon you'll get it -> ooh, sorry guys, you will get it in autumn (rinse, repeat)...

getting a message twice, its already on the build (with a difference of a month or more) makes a guy think, is it worth waiting(i mean is it worth keeping the money for the plane or spend it on something else) or better to get something else and byper somethime later when/if it will come out... not like with edge, we are developing -> it will come out in summer -> 6th august will be in stock...

kinda dissapointing hearing 'its on the build', and in a month, 'it is on the build NOW'...

p.s. i WILL get it when it comes out! :P im just ranting...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:23 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Just because you are at a show and see something new, does not mean its only a few months away. Unless someone tells you it is.

I think the last thing most Addicts want is to not be made aware of the planes in the pipeline until a preorder button shows up. Just saying.
it was said... twice if memory serves me right, that its on the build...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:26 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
well...khm.... wasnt question about delivering of promises? :P one thing is yes, we are developing plane, soon it will come out, other thing is: we are developing it -> it will come out in spring-> its almost on the build -> oooh, no, sorry guys, it will come in late summer -> its on the build, soon, soon you'll get it -> ooh, sorry guys, you will get it in autumn (rinse, repeat)...

getting a message twice, its already on the build (with a difference of a month or more) makes a guy think, is it worth waiting(i mean is it worth keeping the money for the plane or spend it on something else) or better to get something else and byper somethime later when/if it will come out... not like with edge, we are developing -> it will come out in summer -> 6th august will be in stock...

kinda dissapointing hearing 'its on the build', and in a month, 'it is on the build NOW'...

p.s. i WILL get it when it comes out! :P im just ranting...
promises... well, we only promised that development will take as long as it takes. as for saying it's in build, there is a build queue that has to get through, we need to keep building Slicks, the backlog, the new Velox, the 65 Vyper update... all promised also and also went into the build queue...

...anyways, we've tried to be as up-front about the communication of this project as we can, and as a result people will either think that it is coming or it's not coming, and this doesn't actually change the outcome. Either way, it is coming...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM