Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:29 PM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloBau View Post
Come one, tell me I have to get one
I have the Laser and am building the Edge. The Laser is good on a heavier set-up, and with the extra weight flies in wind with no problems. If you want more of a light setup and 3D, I would buy the edge. My opinion.
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2015, 07:09 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
3,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast View Post
I have the Laser and am building the Edge. The Laser is good on a heavier set-up, and with the extra weight flies in wind with no problems. If you want more of a light setup and 3D, I would buy the edge. My opinion.
It's interesting you say that.
I've definitely noticed that but you have confirmed that, to a degree.
My Edges like to fly light, my Katana MX like to be light (I have no choice) but the Laser likes a bit of weight.
Is this true of the MXS?
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChinoDiablo; Jan 21, 2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:25 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
4,626 Posts
On the 64" it could be said as well. XA are def more violent with some added weight and doesn't feel all the heavy in 3D to me at least.
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:13 PM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
On the 64" it could be said as well. XA are def more violent with some added weight and doesn't feel all the heavy in 3D to me at least.
I loved my 64 mxs, it was light with a motrolfly 4315 and 4s setup. I want to get the 76/83. Flew Enterprise 7's w/Motrolfly 5335 briefly and it had the presence of a big plane and the insane power of the 60's - so that's my dream plane right now.

I have been flying the Laser 48 for a few months and am very used to it. It really does fly big, and I can get 8 minutes of mixed flying with a 4s2700's - which impresses the glow guys at the field. I didn't like how it flew with 2200's. The edge will be up shortly - I think the 4s 2200's or new lighter TP 2700's will be good on it.

The Laser does a couple things better - one being KE loop - don't know why - but I feel I have much more control than other planes. Initiation into KE spin is also easy.

My original "tuck in" on a left turn esp was solved with cutting down rudder expo and using a lot of rudder on regular turns.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:30 PM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliPilot View Post
Has anyone mounted a GoPro to one of these? If so, how should it be done.. i would like to do this, but don't want to damage the plane.
You could use a regular tape mount and fit it to the carbon gear where it mounts to the plane.The gopro is kind of heavy and I would worry about it breaking balsa on landings or high G moves if you tried it anywhere else, like the canopy, or the tail feathers... and it would alter the CG.

I tried a little $40 eflitecamera on my 71-in slick and a 3d plane isn't the best vehicle for getting good vids of the landscape - you want something real slow and stable.

I have a Phantom 1 with go pro and avl58 downlink - quads/fpv/gopro is a serious moneypit - $800 + and I went cheap.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:47 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
933 Posts
Daniel H. bought an old Laser canopy of mine and mounted a cam inside the cockpit...pilots pov. Check it out on the EF website!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:52 PM
Christian F
United States, CA, Redwood City
Joined Mar 2011
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast View Post
You could use a regular tape mount and fit it to the carbon gear where it mounts to the plane.The gopro is kind of heavy and I would worry about it breaking balsa on landings or high G moves if you tried it anywhere else, like the canopy, or the tail feathers... and it would alter the CG.

I tried a little $40 eflitecamera on my 71-in slick and a 3d plane isn't the best vehicle for getting good vids of the landscape - you want something real slow and stable.

I have a Phantom 1 with go pro and avl58 downlink - quads/fpv/gopro is a serious moneypit - $800 + and I went cheap.
oh i have AP vehicles... carry a Sony NEX5n.. im not looking for scenery video, i want serious quality on board 3D footage..
CaliPilot is offline Find More Posts by CaliPilot
Old Jan 27, 2015, 08:53 AM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliPilot View Post
oh i have AP vehicles... carry a Sony NEX5n.. im not looking for scenery video, i want serious quality on board 3D footage..
A small cam on a wingtip pointing at the canopy looks good.