SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:06 AM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
2,368 Posts
Discussion
FrSky Taranis for multicopters "How To"

This thread is specifically for all things Taranis as relates to multicopters. Want to find how to properly configure your Taranis for your Naza ask here. Got a great eepe for a multicopter, why not post it here? This is your thread. I hope you make use of it.

Roger
maguro is online now Find More Posts by maguro
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:23 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
1,221 Posts
Subscribed !
fltekdiver is online now Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:24 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,221 Posts
Under Model set up, I have failsafe mode programmed to ( HOLD )

Is this correct? I'm using Naza M V2

Also I cannot register on open RC Fourms , says I'm blocked , and I was never even on it
The email address on the webpage isn't valid, any suggestions:

http://openrcforums.com/forum/index.php
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:55 AM
Johninarky
Rogers,Arkansas
Joined Jul 2005
218 Posts
Thanks Maguro, I see more and more Taranis users on the miltirotor forums.
John
jlremr is offline Find More Posts by jlremr
Old Feb 14, 2015, 01:39 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2013
1,667 Posts
Many setups can be found here:
http://rcsettings.com/index.php/view.../6-multirotors
Noircogi is online now Find More Posts by Noircogi
Old Feb 14, 2015, 05:45 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
Thanks for the link, just got my Taranis and was wondering where to look for examples and of course my first two aircraft were listed there so I grabbed them.
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Old Feb 15, 2015, 05:48 AM
Scotland
Joined Nov 2008
126 Posts
As a newbie to quadcopters I would be interested in how the flight modes are setup using 2 switches and a separate 'panic' switch for RTL. My flight controller is an APM 2.5.
Cumbernauld is offline Find More Posts by Cumbernauld
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:07 AM
Just call me CRASH
Joined Oct 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
Under Model set up, I have failsafe mode programmed to ( HOLD )

Is this correct? I'm using Naza M V2

Also I cannot register on open RC Fourms , says I'm blocked , and I was never even on it
The email address on the webpage isn't valid, any suggestions:

http://openrcforums.com/forum/index.php
For NAZA-M this is how I have my fail safe setup in Mixes

CH7 (mode) SG weight(+100%) (naza mode)
R SF Weight(+62%) Switch(SFdown) (failsafe)

I can't find the proper symbol but SFdown is SF in the down position,
and the +62% needs to be tweeked in NAZA assistant to make sure its correct for your controller.

Adding after reading more, in addition to having the failsafe switch I have the receiver (X8R) failsafe set to stop sending pulses so the NAZA failsafe can take over when it no longer can hear the TX.
wild.bill is online now Find More Posts by wild.bill
Last edited by wild.bill; Feb 15, 2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: adding more info.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 08:13 PM
Free fall is not free
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Aug 2014
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
I don't know what is there now, but 6 months ago the Naza ones I downloaded were horrible. One was designed in such a fashion the motors would not energize. Being new at the time, I had no clue how to overcome that.

The other drained my Taranis battery in about an hour. The vendor couldn't help me figure out what was wrong. I had an approval to return when I decided to delete the eepe and all was good again.

So... buyer beware.
FunN4Lo is online now Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Old Feb 15, 2015, 08:54 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,221 Posts
Thanks Wild.Bill

I had to do the same thing. I had to move the weights in the Naza Asst to get them to line up

Here's a Video I made yesterday on You Tube, showing all the switch functions with
Naza M V2 , using Amber Voice commands

Frsky Taranis Plus with Amber Voice Alerts for Multicopter , DJI F450 , DJI F550 , Tarot 680 Pro (2 min 5 sec)
Old Feb 15, 2015, 09:06 PM
Just call me CRASH
Joined Oct 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Wild.Bill

I had to do the same thing. I had to move the weights in the Naza Asst to get them to line up

Here's a Video I made yesterday on You Tube, showing all the switch functions with
Naza M V2 , using Amber Voice commands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlH34oXhqcI
Looking at the video you have yours set up the same as mine with all the same messages. The only difference is I use SG for mode and SE for IOC. I have this setup on a QAV400. I also have a Phantom and chose the switches to match the Phantom so I don't have to stop and think about which I am flying.

What receiver are you using and how did you set it up?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 09:15 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,221 Posts
I'm using the X8R. I just got the package Friday with the receiver and carrying case from Aloft Hobbies

It took me longer to find the information then to program it. I watched Dennis Baldwins You Tube videos, and set it up pretty quickly using his videos

Then I spent a few hours trying to watch videos on how to load the voice files. In another thread here, they helped me quickly, and I was set up within a half hour once I knew how to do it
Since the video. I added Ambers voice to throttle up, once the throttle is raised more then 25% it's says " Take Off "

The voice commands is what leaned me towards this radio. It was the most Important feature for myself, lol
Old Feb 15, 2015, 09:54 PM
Just call me CRASH
Joined Oct 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
I'm using the X8R. I just got the package Friday with the receiver and carrying case from Aloft Hobbies

It took me longer to find the information then to program it. I watched Dennis Baldwins You Tube videos, and set it up pretty quickly using his videos

Then I spent a few hours trying to watch videos on how to load the voice files. In another thread here, they helped me quickly, and I was set up within a half hour once I knew how to do it
Since the video. I added Ambers voice to throttle up, once the throttle is raised more then 25% it's says " Take Off "

The voice commands is what leaned me towards this radio. It was the most Important feature for myself, lol
A little while back I was using a Spectrum DX6 and receiver so I had been through the process once on how to set it all up. I used the same video as you to figure out hot to setup the Taranis. The part that took me the longest was to figure out how to use the S-bus so I only and to hook up one servo cable between the receiver and the NAZA-M. My only problem now is that I have not been able to fly it since changing to the X8R because we have more than 60" of snow on the ground. I know that it works but can only move a few feet in any direction in the house.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:04 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,221 Posts
Wow, I moved from using the Spektrum DX8, very similiar

Stinks about the weather. I tried my F450 out yesturday only in a hover,for a few minutes

It was to windy today, so I'll try later this week

If all goes well, I'll copy the settings over to create another model, and use the same settings on my Tarot 680 Pro

The F450 is for FPV

The Tarot is FPV and also carries a H3-3D gimbal with a gopro hero 4

I'm pretty happy so far programming the Taranis

I was expecting it to be harder, but a few hours here and their watching You Tube Videos and asking questions , and I was up and running
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:11 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
1,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbernauld View Post
As a newbie to quadcopters I would be interested in how the flight modes are setup using 2 switches and a separate 'panic' switch for RTL. My flight controller is an APM 2.5.
Here's an example. Amber sound pack.
mpjf01 is online now Find More Posts by mpjf01