HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2014, 04:51 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
504 Posts
New Product
Polakium Engineering Super Simple Mini Multicopter Frames

YouTube Video (crash tests at 2:00):

Super Simple Micro H-Quad 2.0 (5 min 45 sec)

SSHQ2 Build Time-lapse (1 min 45 sec)

Super Simple Mini H-Quad Pro (11 min 41 sec)

Now cast from a high-strength polyurethane resin in 7 different colors.

SSHQuad Pro

Black .................................................. ........................... $ 24

Clear .................................................. ........................... $ 27

Standard .................................................. .................... $ 30

Fluorescent .................................................. ............... $ 33

SpiderHex Pro

Black .................................................. ........................... $ 49

Clear .................................................. ........................... $ 54

Standard .................................................. .................... $ 59

Fluorescent .................................................. ............... $ 64

Placing an Order:
  • In order to streamline the ordering process, I ask that anybody interested in purchasing a frame please do so through my shop.
  • I ship most orders same or next day, however, I sometimes receive a large volume of custom orders. If your order is not shipped in 3-5 days, you may receive a full refund.

About Me:

I have been selling 3D printed multicopter frames and parts from my website for about 14 months. As an engineering student, I cannot exclusively commit my time to managing an online shop; therefore, I have refrained from advertising or trying to attract too much attention to my products, but I now have significant stock for many of my products. Since November of 2012, I have shipped nearly 200 orders and 1000 printed parts; the most popular of which are my mini multicopter frames.

If you have a 3D printer, you may download the designs for several of my old frames from here: http://www.thingiverse.com/PolakiumEngineering/designs

Feel free to email me with any questions about my products (adam@polakiumengineering.org).

- Adam
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Last edited by sg1anubis; Yesterday at 09:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2014, 08:37 PM
The New DaVinci
United States, GA, Summerville
Joined Oct 2013
158 Posts
SSH Quad Frame

Very Very nice Adam, I've been working on something similar to what you have here but no where near what you have gotten to. I just might have to make an order before the discount expires, thank you for sharing with us and I wish you the best of luck.
Magoo76 is offline Find More Posts by Magoo76
Old Feb 14, 2014, 08:42 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2007
263 Posts
$19? You're speaking my language!
bennymack is online now Find More Posts by bennymack
Old Feb 14, 2014, 09:13 PM
Joined Sep 2011
504 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! I hope to keep the prices low as long as the demand remains reasonable. There are an abundance of printed or laser cut mini frames on the market, but the profit margins are ridiculous and the true durability of these products is questionable. I hope to fill that gap in the market with an affordable alternative. I am also open to improving the designs from my customers' feedback, so please feel free to pose any questions or suggestions to me here or via email.

I have added some previous customer builds to my second post, and I hope to add more in the future.

- Adam
Last edited by sg1anubis; Feb 14, 2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:43 PM
Joined Jul 2007
28 Posts
Any chance larger motors like the sunnysky 2204's would fit? Provided they're not unacceptably powerful.

I'm assuming in the last pic you posted of other's builds he's using zmrs?
spelling bee is offline Find More Posts by spelling bee
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:58 PM
Joined Sep 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spelling bee View Post
Any chance larger motors like the sunnysky 2204's would fit? Provided they're not unacceptably powerful.

I'm assuming in the last pic you posted of other's builds he's using zmrs?
The sunnysky 2204 motors may be on the large side. The maximum hole spacing of my frame is about 15mm with M2 bolts. For 16mm spacing with M3 bolts you may need to drill out the slots. I recommend using the ZMR RCX 1804 motors. They seem adequate for this size frame and they are also very well priced. If you would prefer that I modify the frame for you to suit the sunnysky motors, please send me an email.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:51 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,332 Posts
I've found out that this quad is not indestructable. I was testing to see how my quad would react when the motors were shut off in the middle of flight. After a long free free I motored up and the motors did not have enough torque to start up. So it fell at 9.8m/s^2 and hit the roof of my house (made a loud bang), then bounced down. The frame was cracked in the middle front (which was easily fixed with CA). That crash would have totaled anything else, but luckly the only damage was the cracked frame and flattened battery. Got to say this quad is durable!

Running 3S with 2000kv Turnigy 1811 motor and 10A ESC, has ~800g of thrust for a 250g airframe!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 15, 2014, 09:39 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,142 Posts
its not easy being cheesy is it?

your crazy mo fo

how are vibs on this frame? Can someone please do a test flight with mobius to see how bad, if any, jello is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
I've found out that this quad is not indestructable. I was testing to see how my quad would react when the motors were shut off in the middle of flight. After a long free free I motored up and the motors did not have enough torque to start up. So it fell at 9.8m/s^2 and hit the roof of my house (made a loud bang), then bounced down. The frame was cracked in the middle front (which was easily fixed with CA). That crash would have totaled anything else, but luckly the only damage was the cracked frame and flattened battery. Got to say this quad is durable!

Running 3S with 2000kv Turnigy 1811 motor and 10A ESC, has ~800g of thrust for a 250g airframe!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Feb 15, 2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 09:50 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2007
263 Posts
Mine is already on the way. Can anyone give me a link to the power distribution board pictured in the user build pic? Guessing from the schematic it's a 30.5mm square bolt hole pattern?

Edit: found it I think http://www.multirotorsuperstore.com/...wer-board.html
bennymack is online now Find More Posts by bennymack
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:51 AM
Joined Sep 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymack View Post
Mine is already on the way. Can anyone give me a link to the power distribution board pictured in the user build pic? Guessing from the schematic it's a 30.5mm square bolt hole pattern?

Edit: found it I think http://www.multirotorsuperstore.com/...wer-board.html
That power distribution board looks to be correct. I usually create my own wiring harness, but LowWatts build looks much cleaner using the power distribution board. Any board under 38mm square with 30-30.5mm hole spacing will fit inside the frame.

This may also be a good alternative, but it doesn't have mounting holes.
http://www.diyquadcopters.com/Power-...ard_p_147.html
Old Feb 17, 2014, 01:36 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,142 Posts
what is recommend electronics?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 01:54 PM
Joined Sep 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
what is recommend electronics?
I have a bill of materials listed here and the product page:
http://polakiumengineering.org/?p=2772

There are many alternative motors and flight controllers that will also work with this frame depending on your budget. If you post a list of what parts you intend to use I will take a look at it and let you know if the parts should work.

- Adam
Old Feb 17, 2014, 02:22 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,142 Posts
thanks

had anyone fpv'd this?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 03:06 PM
Joined Sep 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
thanks

had anyone fpv'd this?
Here are two possible FPV congifurations using a Boscam TS353 transmitter, which is rather large for a mini, but feasible. Configuration 1 is equipped with a Mobius HD and configuration 2 uses the RMRC Pico-wide V1 camera, which is nearly identical to the V2 listed below.

TS353 5.8GHz 400mW TX
RMRC Pico-wide or KX2 Micro

This may be a viable alternative to keep the size and weight down:
TX5802 5.8GHz 200mW TX

Running a 3S system would probably be necessary to lift the Mobius. The depicted 950mAH 3S Nano Tech battery should be adequate for a 3S setup. The motors in these photos are the RCX1804 motors.