Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:05 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I just want to apologize in advance for being OOS of the V202 (only 10 left and I may reserve a few for local sales) and other parts. I'm hoping our replenishment order will get processed before Chinese festivities begin, but it's now in fate's hands. If things go well, we'll be restocked within a week. If they go bad, it could be the end of February.

The V202 has kept MassiveRC alive, which could have gone belly-up from dealing with Hubsan. I'm still waiting to see if Hubsan does right by us and will post an update when I feel their attempt has been finalized. James, I apologize for not listening to you.

One other thing I'd like to mention is the Chinese people. While we all complain about the horrible quality of products coming out of China, I really feel for the workers. What can you expect for $.10\hour wages and exhausting hours. I hope they all get a chance to let off some steam and get some relaxation in during their much-needed holiday.

Thanks for your patience.

Whoaaaaa? Hubsan almost sank you guys?

Glad to hear the V202 has sold so well. It's still my favorite flyer.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:35 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
901 Posts
MO,

I'm withthe V-man on the 202 as my favorite so far. If Hubsan is being bad they will be dead to me. Still don't like the nonstandard transmitter trims even though I've been flying the heck out of the X-4 in the house. So much so that my early stock batteries ( #1,#2,#3) are starting to get weak. Need more.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:41 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
One other thing I'd like to mention is the Chinese people. While we all complain about the horrible quality of products coming out of China, I really feel for the workers. What can you expect for $.10\hour wages and exhausting hours. I hope they all get a chance to let off some steam and get some relaxation in during their much-needed holiday.
I very much agree MO.
We can just wish this fantastic people a better life with granted rights and dignity.
It will take a long...
A wonderful New Year for all those guys and girls.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:54 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Whoaaaaa? Hubsan almost sank you guys?

Glad to hear the V202 has sold so well. It's still my favorite flyer.
We're taking the V202 to the next level and show WL Toys that this excellent quad hasn't reached it's peak yet. The only thing the Hubsan is going to have over it is yaw rate when we're finished, (and if WL Toys listens to us and fixes that, even the X4 won't have that benefit over it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
MO,

I'm withthe V-man on the 202 as my favorite so far. If Hubsan is being bad they will be dead to me. Still don't like the nonstandard transmitter trims even though I've been flying the heck out of the X-4 in the house. So much so that my early stock batteries ( #1,#2,#3) are starting to get weak. Need more.
The saying 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' applies here. After this batch is gone the only thing well stock are spares for you guys as long as we can get them effectively-priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
I very much agree MO.
We can just wish this fantastic people a better life with granted rights and dignity.
It will take a long...
A wonderful New Year for all those guys and girls.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:16 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
901 Posts
MO,

We're taking the V202 to the next level and show WL Toys that this excellent quad hasn't reached it's peak yet. The only thing the Hubsan is going to have over it is yaw rate when we're finished, (and if WL Toys listens to us and fixes that, even the X4 won't have that benefit over it).

Do tell...do tell.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:39 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I think the V202 could be perfect with a few minor changes:

1. Flysky/Turnigy 9x protocol
2. Faster yaw
3. Come with a solid black V939 canopy (popular drone appearance)
4. Easier to repair via plug-in arms
5. Batteries on par with the U816 for slightly longer flight times.

Everything else is pretty much perfect. The props (colors, fit, built-in protectors), the lights (and ability to turn off), the stability, throttle, aileron, elevator, booms, feet, and durability are all excellent. I wouldn't mess with those.

I'd buy another one in a heart beat if either of the first two things on my list were addressed.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,769 Posts
Quote:
MO,

Do tell...do tell.
I'll give you a hint: I've already posted a dedicated thread to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
I think the V202 could be perfect with a few minor changes:

1. Flysky/Turnigy 9x protocol
2. Faster yaw
3. Come with a solid black V939 canopy (popular drone appearance)
4. Easier to repair via plug-in arms
5. Batteries on par with the U816 for slightly longer flight times.

Everything else is pretty much perfect. The props (colors, fit, built-in protectors), the lights (and ability to turn off), the stability, throttle, aileron, elevator, booms, feet, and durability are all excellent. I wouldn't mess with those.

I'd buy another one in a heart beat if either of the first two things on my list were addressed.
#1 and 2 will have to come from WL Toys.
#3 We're going to ask WL Toys to go back to old school RC days and give us clear canopies that we can paint ourselves from the inside
#4 will be addressed by MassiveRC
#5 Some of you have already purchased our new 300mAh batteries..........can you give us feedback please?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:59 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
901 Posts
MO,

# 5 Are they different than those that came with the 202?
# 4 What, when, and how?
Last edited by gentle ben; Feb 02, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,769 Posts
Quote:
MO,

# 5 Are they different than those that came with the 202?
# 4 What, when, and how?
Hey Ben,

Yes, they're supposedly the replacements for the Mini Pet stock battery. I've tried them and like them. I would say they're between the Mini Pet original and the V202 stock.

When depends on Chinese New Year, how is that we're going to transplant the brain of the V202 into the Elvin body of the H36, which now comes with motor plugs (crosses fingers)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:43 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
901 Posts
Were they in the last batch I bought?
Will the new Frankenquad be DIY or RTF?
If it's DIY you will be stocking the parts?
" " RTF you will be stocking the parts ?
I suspect one of the last two or both is/are a dumb question/s.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Were they in the last batch I bought?
Will the new Frankenquad be DIY or RTF?
If it's DIY you will be stocking the parts?
" " RTF you will be stocking the parts ?
I suspect one of the last two or both is/are a dumb question/s.
-They were in your last batch
-Still trying to decide to both, but RTF definately will be the primary option.
-So long as our suppliers sell us the parts without buying the quads, we'll be stocking them. We still don't know if the parts will arrive as described. If they don't then this could be a short-lived experiment.

It seems that showing manufacturers what we want has better results than telling them what we want.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:36 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
901 Posts
MO,

Battery feedback:

Last batch doing well so far... no issues what so ever. However, they are my newest set.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:34 AM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts

Hi MassiveOverkill

I have the Hubsan x4 and im going to lasser some parts up at work for it, i have noticed that you sell some hudsans that are discounted due to damage . I was wondering whether you would sell the hubsan airtrame only (body motors and Rx board) that i could bind to my hubsan TX.

Iv been looking at the X4 and have come to the conclusion that i could shave 20 persent off its size by cliping 5mm off each side of the prop and having a
2mm gap between the props.

I will call it the Hubkill micro quad if it flys ok

Will laser it out of 3mm acrylic sheet.
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Last edited by richos; Feb 03, 2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:42 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,028 Posts
X4 Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post

Hi MassiveOverkill

I have the Hubsan x4 and im going to lasser some parts up at work for it, i have noticed that you sell some hudsans that are discounted due to damage . I was wondering whether you would sell the hubsan airtrame only (body motors and Rx board) that i could bind to my hubsan TX.

Iv been looking at the X4 and have come to the conclusion that i could shave 20 persent off its size by cliping 5mm off each side of the prop and having a
2mm gap betweem the props.

I will call it the Hubkill micro quad if it flys ok

Will laser it out of 3mm acrylic sheet.
Just a suggestion here, but why not get an H36, shorted the arms and wire up the X4 FC. I think the H36 might be the light frame out right now, and shortening the arms will make it even lighter.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
Just a suggestion here, but why not get an H36, shorted the arms and wire up the X4 FC. I think the H36 might be the light frame out right now, and shortening the arms will make it even lighter.
cyberbillp

Are you saying that the (Vitality H36 4-Axis 2.4G Dexterous RC Mini Quadcopter)

Will bind to my Hubsan X4 Traansmitter??

If it will that would be cool cyberbillp
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos