HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,099 Posts
They are new to me, but looking good. Thanks for the other link, I was looking on web site filling cart.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,759 Posts
IntegrityHndywrk
I was starting to play with Talon ESC and castle link. I'm not sure it saved the stuff I changed. I mean it still doesn't seem like it has soft start. Maybe I just can't tell its working. Is there a save changes button?
barnstorm100 is online now Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
IntegrityHndywrk
I was starting to play with Talon ESC and castle link. I'm not sure it saved the stuff I changed. I mean it still doesn't seem like it has soft start. Maybe I just can't tell its working. Is there a save changes button?
Yes, you have to hit the somewhat misleading "Update" button. Which sends all your changes to the ESC.

Have you setup the throttle end points and AR bailout feature with your TX? If this is your first castle, you'll want to put it in "helicopter" mode and setup the throttle end points. You'll also need to do this to use the governor modes. If you don't setup the AR bailout feature, then if you hit TH by mistake it will go into slow spool up mode and you'll probably crash.

The default spool up settings in helicopter mode are usually pretty good.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I think the Tarot sport push rod will just fit the way it is. The pro one is longer because the Pro version mounts the servo inside the frame at the rear. The sport version doesn't come with a metal sleeve, so you can't use a boom clamp guide with it. It just has to hang by the ball links. Which is fine. But the boom clamp guides can sometimes stop the tuning fork vibration effect that can sometimes happen back there.
why not just remove the ball link, slide the tube on, and re-glue the link end?
psychlic is offline Find More Posts by psychlic
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post
why not just remove the ball link, slide the tube on, and re-glue the link end?
Because it just doesn't come with one. The pro version comes with one. But it is too long. So you would have to heat the tip till it comes off. Cut the rod to length and reglue. Which is what i did.
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,120 Posts
yup, that's what I do now. I even ordered rod and just cut to length my own and move the servo around on the boom a bit to aid in CG adjusting
Lol! half of the time I heat the tips up a little too much and they melt and I have to put on new ones

just order a Devo7e, btw...............deviation here i come.............i know i'm a nut
I still have a 9XR to sell NIB because the module i ordered for it never showed,
and now I am glad for it in a way to focus on the 7e &DX8 only (dx6i for bench thrashing)
I think the smaller size of the 7e radio will suit me and be more fun for the small stuff
now if I can only figure out which module I need for the CX-10........

oh, was just informed that the CX-10 should work on a stock 7e Deviated radio without different module
but i still need to read up more on the 7e & CX-10 threads
psychlic is offline Find More Posts by psychlic
Last edited by psychlic; Today at 12:09 AM.
Old Today, 08:07 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Yes, you have to hit the somewhat misleading "Update" button. Which sends all your changes to the ESC.

Have you setup the throttle end points and AR bailout feature with your TX? If this is your first castle, you'll want to put it in "helicopter" mode and setup the throttle end points. You'll also need to do this to use the governor modes. If you don't setup the AR bailout feature, then if you hit TH by mistake it will go into slow spool up mode and you'll probably crash.

The default spool up settings in helicopter mode are usually pretty good.
Thanks, this is for 130x so might work better without bail out.
barnstorm100 is online now Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Today, 08:22 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Thanks, this is for 130x so might work better without bail out.
Whatever you think is best. I just wanted you to know that the heli won't spool back up in time after a TH if you don't set it up. I know usually TH is the "OH CRAP" button and once you hit it. It typically stays on. But an accidental TH won't be possible to recover from. That's all.
Old Today, 08:31 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post
yup, that's what I do now. I even ordered rod and just cut to length my own and move the servo around on the boom a bit to aid in CG adjusting
Lol! half of the time I heat the tips up a little too much and they melt and I have to put on new ones

just order a Devo7e, btw...............deviation here i come.............i know i'm a nut
I still have a 9XR to sell NIB because the module i ordered for it never showed,
and now I am glad for it in a way to focus on the 7e &DX8 only (dx6i for bench thrashing)
I think the smaller size of the 7e radio will suit me and be more fun for the small stuff
now if I can only figure out which module I need for the CX-10........

oh, was just informed that the CX-10 should work on a stock 7e Deviated radio without different module
but i still need to read up more on the 7e & CX-10 threads

LOL, did you guys see the new 9XR Pro?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_module_.html